Segway Tour time change information

LJC1861

DIS Veteran<br><font color=teal>Suffers from a Tag
I just got back and took the Segway Tour on July 1. I asked about the reason for the new 8:15 check in time. I was told that as of August 1 they are adding a second tour each day!!!! The first tour meets at 8:15 for an 8:30 start time and the second meets at 8:45 for a 9:00 start time. This will double the number of slots available each day for this wonderful tour. I hope this information is helpful to thos who already have the tour booked and those who want to try to book it!

Linda

Thanks for posting this info !! I was calling tomorrow to book the tour for my nephews - if there's a second tour they'll be very happy to have the extra 1/2 hour of sleep in the morning - they only have to walk over from BWV !:smooth:

Thanks for the info. I have it booked as a surprise for DH and I was hoping we wouldnt get a call about a change of time. At least I know Im ok since its in July. ;)

I know for a fact that Disney legal was thinking about pulling the plug on the Segway tours as of last May... "liability issues".

I'm glad at least for now, the potential for lawsuits will not take away the opportunity for others to enjoy the Segway experience at EPCOT.

Last May, with AP discount, the bill for my wife and I was $136.00.

The cost is $80.00, but like flying lizard said, you can get an AP discount of 15% which would bring the cost down to 68.00

This may be a silly question, but do you tip the tour guides?

It never occurred to me to tip the tour guides.

We did love this tour - did it in mid-June and had a ball!

DoeWDW, me neither. The reason I asked is because a couple years ago we went parasailing. I never thought to tip the boat drivers, who Id consider the "tour guildes" there. After returning from our trip I read posts here about people who do tip the parasailing people and I felt awful. Thats why Im wondering about tour guides. :D

WE did the tour in the middle of jUne and No we did not tip, but did not even think about it. They were too many. At least four on our tour, but I know two were in training.

We had a blast. It is the best thing that we have done in a long time.

Just called today and booked my nephews for August - there were 2 tour times available for August - one starting at 8:30 (arrive by 8:15) and another at 9:30 (arrive by 9:15). The CM assured me that the later tour still gets a full hour in World Showcase - she just said they will be finishing their tour after WS opens. I booked the later tour for them - anyone else get this info?

Geeze... It never occurred to me to tip any of the guides... I guess because I never tip in the parks except at restaurants. Looking back, now I feel bad that I didn't our guides were great and we really enjoyed the tour.

I'm going to start a new thread to get some opinions. Please offer your thoughts...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter