Separating adult/child credits

new_mouser said:
Out of curiosity, why can't Disney just pool the credits on one card, but code them in a way so that there is no way to use a child's credit on anything other than a child menu?

There is no such thing as a child credit. We have no idea what would be involved with going from 3 types of meal credits to 5 types of meal credits.

Might be very easy or might not.

I just got back from a DIsney Trip. We used the dining plan and definately got bang for our buck. I did alot of investigating before hand. There were certain restaurants I wanted to try that were 2 credits and I had read pooling credits, and paying for a few kids meals out of pocket could help ease the cost. Whether it is right or worng is a different issue for a different board. I never though twice about it then I asked some ? before going and some of the responses were defensive as to why this was morally wrong and stealing and cheating, so I am not going there right now. When I orignally called and asked how the plan worked as I debated on if it was worth it for me, the CM explained that it is pooled, although right before I went I was told the credits were actually put on each persons card individually.

Here the truth------credits are put directly on to your card---room key, park enterance, dining credits all on on card----now the thing is all the credits are put on all the cards. If you have 4 people staying 5 days, each card has 20 credits. When you use the credits by giving your server a room key, if 4 meals were eaten then 4 meals are taken off all cards w/out needing to scan all 4 cards individually. This was handy for us because we were split up a few days and it would not have been ideal if we had only one card to use. We also did on one occasion pay out of pocket for the kids meals to have credits for a 2 credit TS meal (I asked the server 3 times if it was ok and if I should have any guilt over trying to beet the system, he assured me over and over again it was fine.) I was completely honest as to what I was doing asked if I could and then asked again if there was any rules prohibiting me to use it like this. I would not have if I was told not to or even if I was told you can but really shouldn't.

Anyway bottom line credits while on each persons card individually, are still pooled and can be used anyway you the purchaser sees fit. If you are not sure if you are using the credits the right way ask a CM---they were always very very helpful.

Have a great trip!

ryty44 said:
Here the truth------credits are put directly on to your card---room key, park enterance, dining credits all on on card----now the thing is all the credits are put on all the cards. If you have 4 people staying 5 days, each card has 20 credits. When you use the credits by giving your server a room key, if 4 meals were eaten then 4 meals are taken off all cards w/out needing to scan all 4 cards individually. This was handy for us because we were split up a few days and it would not have been ideal if we had only one card to use. We also did on one occasion pay out of pocket for the kids meals to have credits for a 2 credit TS meal (I asked the server 3 times if it was ok and if I should have any guilt over trying to beet the system, he assured me over and over again it was fine.) I was completely honest as to what I was doing asked if I could and then asked again if there was any rules prohibiting me to use it like this. I would not have if I was told not to or even if I was told you can but really shouldn't.

Anyway bottom line credits while on each persons card individually, are still pooled and can be used anyway you the purchaser sees fit. If you are not sure if you are using the credits the right way ask a CM---they were always very very helpful.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the real world report back. Always nice to get a first hand experience. I don't think the credits are stored on the cards per se as much as the cards are used as a means to access the credits in a pool stored on central computer. I say that because there were a few times that we purchased snacks from a vendor that was not attached to the computer but had a handheld to record our purchase. The printout from these couldn't tell what credits we had left. My guess is that the only thing actually stored on the card is some sort of unique number and everything else, tickets dinning plan info and such are stored in a central system somewhere.

I had credits for one adult and one child. Obviously I did all the paying, so I only ever handed over my card when charging something to the dining plan. Each time I would get a receipt that showed the number of TS or CS meals or snacks still left, not how many adult or child credits there were. For CS meals, I only ordered children's meals for my DS twice because most of the time he either mooched from my meal or else I paid OOP and got him a little something. It was never a problem, they just charged whatever I asked to the DDP and I paid OOP if necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter