Sept or Nov 2018?

jliucci

Mouseketeer
I am trying to think this through but i would love some feedback. I have a reservation booked for Nov 11th and I was hoping to get the free dining offer. Although it has not been released yet, the rumors are looking like my dates wont be included. I was thinking about maybe moving the trip up to the very end of Sept into Oct so we would have a better chance at the free dining discount, but I would have already missed my 180 day ADR window. We have been this exact week in the past so we have seen the fall decorations before and I have been to food & wine many times. I have never been in November yet. Is the weather and xmas decorations worth it to keep my November reservation?

Thanks for the help!

November will be better weather wise and yes Xmas decor is up. If you're ok giving up free dining, I'd say try a time of the year that's new for you!

We've done end of August twice and are doing November this year. We wanted to see Christmas decorations and get away from the heat of August.

Can you change your November dates? We are going the week after Thanksgiving which should be included in free dining. But from what I understand, it is hit or miss on if you can actually snag free dining anyway, so if you aren't dependent on it to go, then I would say keep your original dates since you've already been in early fall.

I’ve heard this may be the last year for free Dining- i say do September this time, and maybe try nov for another trip.

We were there Nov 10 - 15 last year. The hotels had not yet started putting up their decorations. They said they would be starting on Nov 16th. Magic Kingdom had decorations on Main Street and in the Hub, but not everywhere else. The other parks were just starting to put up their decorations too. So, depending on how long you are staying in November, you may or may not get to see many decorations. The weather was pretty decent. I think it was in the low 70's for most of our trip. Sunny too, so that was nice.

I love WDW when all the decorations are up. However, over the years, they seem to have dwindled. So, while they are nice, they are not as spectacular as they once were.

Have a great trip!

I love WDW when all the decorations are up. However, over the years, they seem to have dwindled. So, while they are nice, they are not as spectacular as they once were.

You really think they have dwindled? We have been going every year the week of Thanksgiving or the week after since 2001 and I have not seen the decorations dwindle at all. The only thing that has changed is the Osbourne lights. But besides that, it appears to me to have even more decorations they when we first started going in 2001!

Is the free dining plan really worth it to you? We've always forgone that in lieu of the rack room rates which saves us more money (family of 3). If the free dining really is a deal breaker then I guess you know your answer.

I'd consider crowds/weather. I'd prefer to go at a cooler time of year, even if the crowds are a bit heavier.

You really think they have dwindled? We have been going every year the week of Thanksgiving or the week after since 2001 and I have not seen the decorations dwindle at all. The only thing that has changed is the Osbourne lights. But besides that, it appears to me to have even more decorations they when we first started going in 2001!
I've noticed it mostly at Epcot. The Boardwalk and the Contemporary resorts seem to have less than they used to in previous years too. That's just my thoughts though. I did really like the new "Christmas Tree Lane" that they put up at Disney Springs last year. I hope they bring that back!

November 11 is Veterans Day so you are going to hit all the federal holiday crowds. Think "almost spring break" crowds.

Can you change your November dates? We are going the week after Thanksgiving which should be included in free dining. But from what I understand, it is hit or miss on if you can actually snag free dining anyway, so if you aren't dependent on it to go, then I would say keep your original dates since you've already been in early fall.

I would change to after Thanksgiving to experience all of the holiday stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter