September 2015 Countdown!

I came home Monday night. Im still exhausted after 11 days at Disney. We did EVERYTHING, at least twice. Im too tired to even type. Hopefully this weekend I will download my 4 million pictures.

One note to anyone going soon...MK was PACKED every day. I think word got out that September was a good time to go :) HS and AK looked busy, but ride/attraction waits were minimal. We rode Kali River Rapids 3 times in a row before they made us get off! Epcot was busy during the day, but emptied out at night, which really surprised me. I would think a lot of people would be there for dinner, then the show. Looked empty. Maybe because everyone was inside a dining venue:confused3.

Hopefully everyone else has better luck in the MK. Other than our FPs, we barely did anything. Waits were over an hour for everything. We also went to first night MNSSHP. Crowd calendars showed that was the lowest crowd date to go. Nope...Sold Out!

OK, Ill post more this weekend. I hope everyone enjoyed/will enjoy their trip! :cool1:

I came home Monday night. Im still exhausted after 11 days at Disney. We did EVERYTHING, at least twice. Im too tired to even type. Hopefully this weekend I will download my 4 million pictures.

One note to anyone going soon...MK was PACKED every day. I think word got out that September was a good time to go :) HS and AK looked busy, but ride/attraction waits were minimal. We rode Kali River Rapids 3 times in a row before they made us get off! Epcot was busy during the day, but emptied out at night, which really surprised me. I would think a lot of people would be there for dinner, then the show. Looked empty. Maybe because everyone was inside a dining venue:confused3.

Hopefully everyone else has better luck in the MK. Other than our FPs, we barely did anything. Waits were over an hour for everything. We also went to first night MNSSHP. Crowd calendars showed that was the lowest crowd date to go. Nope...Sold Out!

OK, Ill post more this weekend. I hope everyone enjoyed/will enjoy their trip! :cool1:

Glad you guys had a good time. We too were shocked at the crowds. That 1st party was nuts. We are going back in January and hope it really is a level 2 week!!

Glad u had fun I pm'd cause when u get 2 seconds I would like to know f wild trek Africa was worth it. Thx

I ment I messaged u. Lol

I knew what you meant! I just saw the PM now. My daughter is an animal lover and was thrilled with it. Me, not so much, so Im a bad person to ask. You got closer to the animals than just the safari ride. Also got ample time for photos, if that is your thing. The guide was incredible and extremely informative. My hubby is also infatuated with animals and their habitats etc... so he loved that all his questions were being answered. There were not a lot of animals and most were way off in the distance. We got very up close to the hippos when we were tied to some ropes and able to lean over the cliff. Maybe if we went during an earlier morning time, they animals would be a little more alert.

So, I guess, if you love animals and want to learn all about them, it is worth it. You will learn ALL about them. If you just want to feel like you are in Africa, trekking the savannah, you will not get that. You still feel like you are at the zoo.

Glad you guys had a good time. We too were shocked at the crowds. That 1st party was nuts. We are going back in January and hope it really is a level 2 week!!

Id be very interested to know that the actual crowd levels were. If they still say that was a 1 or 2, I dont what to know what anything above 5 is!!

Day 4, at MK.

Made it to the opening show, and it was PACKED! Same time last year there were half as many people. Once they started letting people in the mad dash to the A list attractions began. The fact that no one was mowed over by a stroller is a testament to Disney's crowd control ability. While fantasy land and tomorrow land filled up I diverted to adventure land. There I enjoyed the first jungle cruise of the day, followed by walking on to the rest of the attractions there. People continued to flood into the park all day, but much to my surprise most attractions averaged 30 min. I walked on a few more rides and rearranged my fast passes a few times, choosing to just wait the 5-10min to save my FP for rides with longer waits.

I enjoyed my ride on splash mountain up until the point it broke down and I was stuck right next to the waterfall after the main drop for about 5min. I ended up with my right side completely soaked, but for some reason when I got off and looked at my half damp body all I could do was laugh. I road the train twice around the park to dry off, and to write the posts for the previous two days. I got off where I started, and hopped on thunder mountain for a blow dry. The rest of my time at the park went well and I managed to stay dry.

I finally experienced the long wait times I expect to see staying at a value resort. The wait for the bus to go to downtown Disney and back was about an hour each trip, not to mention the nearly half hour ride. After arriving I had dinner at Planet Hollywood. The food there was nothing special, I just like to look at all the movie props.

Day 4, at MK.

Made it to the opening show, and it was PACKED! Same time last year there were half as many people. Once they started letting people in the mad dash to the A list attractions began. The fact that no one was mowed over by a stroller is a testament to Disney's crowd control ability. While fantasy land and tomorrow land filled up I diverted to adventure land. There I enjoyed the first jungle cruise of the day, followed by walking on to the rest of the attractions there. People continued to flood into the park all day, but much to my surprise most attractions averaged 30 min. I walked on a few more rides and rearranged my fast passes a few times, choosing to just wait the 5-10min to save my FP for rides with longer waits.

I enjoyed my ride on splash mountain up until the point it broke down and I was stuck right next to the waterfall after the main drop for about 5min. I ended up with my right side completely soaked, but for some reason when I got off and looked at my half damp body all I could do was laugh. I road the train twice around the park to dry off, and to write the posts for the previous two days. I got off where I started, and hopped on thunder mountain for a blow dry. The rest of my time at the park went well and I managed to stay dry.

I finally experienced the long wait times I expect to see staying at a value resort. The wait for the bus to go to downtown Disney and back was about an hour each trip, not to mention the nearly half hour ride. After arriving I had dinner at Planet Hollywood. The food there was nothing special, I just like to look at all the movie props.

I enjoy your reporting and glad you're having a great time. We got stuck next to the waterfall as the ride stopped and I was ready for a soaking but the water stopped flowing when the ride stopped for us and started when they restarted the ride. That was a first for us.

Boy do I wish they stopped the water, but it just makes the day that much more memorable. As you may have noticed my post are getting a bit longer each time, I was a every shy child and I still have a problem warming up to people. I am having a wonderful time here, and can't wait to come back next year. Maybe I'll see some of the nice people on here. I'll be out the same week next year, I come for my birthday, which was yesterday. Don't feel bad that I'm by myself on my birthday, I celebrated the day before flying out.

Last night I achieved my goal of spreading the magic. I guided a family through Disney springs to splitsville for their dinner. I even pointed out what was new, what was going to be, and made a few recommendations for future meals. They thanked me and said it was like getting their own private tour. That is my favorite moment of my trip so far.

Boy do I wish they stopped the water, but it just makes the day that much more memorable. As you may have noticed my post are getting a bit longer each time, I was a every shy child and I still have a problem warming up to people. I am having a wonderful time here, and can't wait to come back next year. Maybe I'll see some of the nice people on here. I'll be out the same week next year, I come for my birthday, which was yesterday. Don't feel bad that I'm by myself on my birthday, I celebrated the day before flying out.

Last night I achieved my goal of spreading the magic. I guided a family through Disney springs to splitsville for their dinner. I even pointed out what was new, what was going to be, and made a few recommendations for future meals. They thanked me and said it was like getting their own private tour. That is my favorite moment of my trip so far.
Happy Belated birthday!! Glad ur in your happy place for your birthday!!

I knew what you meant! I just saw the PM now. My daughter is an animal lover and was thrilled with it. Me, not so much, so Im a bad person to ask. You got closer to the animals than just the safari ride. Also got ample time for photos, if that is your thing. The guide was incredible and extremely informative. My hubby is also infatuated with animals and their habitats etc... so he loved that all his questions were being answered. There were not a lot of animals and most were way off in the distance. We got very up close to the hippos when we were tied to some ropes and able to lean over the cliff. Maybe if we went during an earlier morning time, they animals would be a little more alert.

So, I guess, if you love animals and want to learn all about them, it is worth it. You will learn ALL about them. If you just want to feel like you are in Africa, trekking the savannah, you will not get that. You still feel like you are at the zoo.
Thx I won't waste the money then. We would want to get closer to the leopards. I guess that won't happen. Can't wait to be in my happy place Saturday!!

Today is my Disney Eve!! I'm super excited!! My DD and I are gonna have a spa night tonight to celebrate!! Come on work day end!!

Love reading your updates! Glad you're having a great trip and happy birthday!

Also, wanted to add that we got stuck in Splash a few weeks ago....halfway up the big hill! Definitely heightened the anticipations staring at those vultures for 5 minutes or so! Lol!

First I would like to thank everyone for wishing me a happy birthday, I am having a blast down here.

Day 5, the return to Epcot.

Today was all about touring the World Showcase. I had intended to last year but got no farther than Canada where I had lunch. Much to my surprise they had a soft opening of food and wine. I loved getting to try foods from around the world, I burned through my last 5 snack credits and enjoyed every one of them.

The crowds were light today, not too sure about wait times I only was on space ship earth, which I walked onto twice. As I was leaving the park, heading to my room to relax a bit before dinner, it started to storm. That was the first time it rained this trip and it caused a flood of people leaving the park. By the time I reached the bus stop it looked like an hour wait, I decided to leave for DS now via Port Orleans. That ended up taking less time than waiting to go to my room.

By the time I got to Disney Springs it had stopped raining. I spent my extra time walking through the shops in the market, they were a bit crowded from everyone leaving the parks. I had dinner at Fulton's Crabhouse, and finally got the chance to eat on the second floor. It has a nice view overlooking the lake and other shops. I ordered the jambalaya and it was delicious. I recommend splitting it between two people, because it filled me up without even eating half of it.

I decided I'm not staying at a value resort again. The transportation times kill the magic. Especially after you have walked through the parks all day only to have an hour plus wait to get to your room, not including the ride (which is nearly 30min from DS). As of now I'm looking to spend my next trip at POFQ, it's nice and quiet there and right next to DS where I like to end every day. I do wish to stay at the Contemporary in the future, but it is extremely pricey for someone going solo.

Last edited:
I decided I'm not staying at a value resort again. The transportation times kill the magic. Especially after you have walked through the parks all day only to have an hour plus wait to get to your room, not including the ride (which is nearly 30min from DS). As of now I'm looking to spend my next trip at POFQ, it's nice and quiet there and right next to DS where I like to end every day. I do wish to stay at the Contemporary in the future, but it is extremely pricey for someone going solo.

Glad you're having a great trip - score on the Food and Wine soft opening!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the bus situation for moderate and deluxe resorts isn't all that much better than the values. I've even heard some people say that the values have better bus service. We stayed at the AKL for part of our early Sept. trip and the trip to and from MK was 25 minutes - that's not counting wait time to catch the bus and then get it completely loaded. The Contemporary would be nice since you can walk over to the MK, and you can catch a monorail to EPCOT, but like you said it is pricey and you'd still need to take a bus to AK and HS, or transfer to a boat to get to HS from EPCOT. I agree, transportation does take up so much time and is the real bummer about WDW in comparison to DL in California where everything is so close together.

As far as POFQ - we stayed there for the first time during the first half of this trip and LOVED it! I am hoping to go back for a solo trip next March and will try to stay there again! Love the boat to DS and the bus service was better than the AKL!

Glad you're having a great trip - score on the Food and Wine soft opening!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the bus situation for moderate and deluxe resorts isn't all that much better than the values. I've even heard some people say that the values have better bus service. We stayed at the AKL for part of our early Sept. trip and the trip to and from MK was 25 minutes - that's not counting wait time to catch the bus and then get it completely loaded. The Contemporary would be nice since you can walk over to the MK, and you can catch a monorail to EPCOT, but like you said it is pricey and you'd still need to take a bus to AK and HS, or transfer to a boat to get to HS from EPCOT. I agree, transportation does take up so much time and is the real bummer about WDW in comparison to DL in California where everything is so close together.

As far as POFQ - we stayed there for the first time during the first half of this trip and LOVED it! I am hoping to go back for a solo trip next March and will try to stay there again! Love the boat to DS and the bus service was better than the AKL!

I'm specifically talking about transportation to Disney Springs. It is where I like to spend my nights while I'm at Disney. POFQ has a short travel time to DS and you could take the bus or a boat.

I'm specifically talking about transportation to Disney Springs. It is where I like to spend my nights while I'm at Disney. POFQ has a short travel time to DS and you could take the bus or a boat.

Gotcha - that wasn't clear from your post so thought I'd chime in about the bus transportation. Also, the boat ride to DS from POFQ is about 20 minutes. It would also be a long bus ride from the Contemporary, which you mentioned wanting to stay at. If I could do Disney without ever getting on a bus I'd be in heaven!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!