ºoº September 2018 Check-In Thread ºoº

Didn't see a thread for September so I figured I'd start one!

Going for the FIRST TIME EVER, September 24th-29th! Staying at HoJo...but that could change. Lol. :cool1:

I'll be taking my wife and our 3 yr old for their first time. Staying at VGC, Sept 4th to 8th...can't wait!

Finally a September thread! I've been waiting!!! We are going 9/9-9/16. Celebrating our daughter's 18th birthday, as well as our son's 24th birthday and my parents birthdays. We will have a celebratory dinner at Riverbelle Terrace for the fantasmic dining package. It will be such a treat to SIT and watch the show. We've never done that. And I was so excited to hear official word that Halloween time starts 9/7. We love this season at the parks! Hope everyone has wonderful September trips!

My DH will be in Anaheim 09Sep2018 to 22Sep2018. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort. We will get to attend one Halloween party. I'm so excited. :tigger::tigger:

Last edited:

September here as well! 15th-23rd. My 3rd trip (but its been years). Going with my boyfriend and his daughter (well unofficially my stepdaughter :) ), his mom and his little sister. Girls will be 10 and 7. Their first time ever. Boyfriend and his mom have gone once when he was a child. Staying in an airbnb close by.

Looking forward to sharing all the Disney magic with the girls. Not going to lie though, this will be my first ever non adult trip to Disney - I am a little nervous about the change in dynamics with tiny humans. But will be fun to see it through their eyes! Thinking that Bibbidi might be worth it? Also so sad that Ariel's Grotto is closed down! I never went as an adult but now seemed like a PERFECT idea with the two girls and its gone :(.

Yay! Girls trip to celebrate my friends 40th birthday. Bringing my 5 year old. Leaving the husband and 18 year old daughter home. 8 of us going September 22nd thru 28th. Can't wait to do the Blue Bayou Fantastic package and the Halloween party. 5 day park hopper PLUS Halloween party! Yippee!!

Yay- have been waiting for a September thread! We’ll be there the 7th to the 13th.

Our time in Anaheim is actually Week 1 of our 5 week US trip (incorporating WDW too!!)

Night 1 is at the Tropicana and then we switch to VGC for the rest of the stay... simply can’t wait to get back to DL.

:dumbo:

Our family of four will be visiting from 20th September through to 1st October from Australia. We are staying at the Desert Inn. Kids are already counting the days down!

We’ll be there from the 8th to the 12th, staying at the Courtyard Marriott Theme Park Entrance. It’ll be me, my husband, and our 3 year old daughter.
I was bummed to miss Pixar Fest, and was worried everything would be shut down after the summer, but the Halloween Time announcement makes me hopeful. I don’t suppose there’s any chance A Bug’s Land will still be open, though...

Last edited:
We will be there 9/13 to 9/22. Saying at Candy Cane in the first 2 nights then moving to VGC. We will also be heading to Halloween Horror Nights at USH and to Duke’s at Huntington Beach for an early dinner and Hula Pie, one of our favorites. We aren’t planning on a Halloween Party but have done it several times at WDW.

Wife and I will be there from 12 Sep to 17 Sep (our second visit together, but something like my 8th total). Cool thing is we'll be joined by one of my good friends (who is a huge Disney fan like myself) and his wife as well. Luckily our wonderful wives also love Disney and and are willing to tolerate too adult goofballs who will likely be skipping and acting the fool together the whole week, haha.

My 10-year-old daughter and I will be there for the Halloween party Sept 24th, hopefully! Staying at a friends' house the night before and at the Magnolia Tree Hotel the night of!

yay! We will be there Sept too! This will be our 2nd trip - it will be 5 years to the day since we were last there! Did WDW last year (and Tokyo Disney a few years back). After the hectic nature of both of those parks I am so looking forward to a more mellow Disney experience. Just have to make it through the looooong flight from Sydney!

Our family of four will be visiting from 20th September through to 1st October from Australia. We are staying at the Desert Inn. Kids are already counting the days down!
Fellow Aussie here! That flight...! We are flying from Syd - how abt you? And I am just hoping the dollar gets its act together, this crappy rate is killing me :(

Fellow Aussie here! That flight...! We are flying from Syd - how abt you? And I am just hoping the dollar gets its act together, this crappy rate is killing me :(

Hi there! How exciting, where are you staying? We are flying from Sydney too :)
Yes me too, we jumped in too early last year and purchased Disney tickets, then 4 weeks later the dollor went up quite a bit! So trying to hold off on buying anything for a while this time.

We will be at GCH September 15-20 to celebrate my 50th birthday! Woohoo!

My birthday was in Feb. and we had to cancel my official birthday trip just a couple of days before we flew out, as my mother was incredibly sick and ended up in the hospital. Now I get to see all the Halloween decoration and go to the first Mickey's party! Bonus! Hope I can redo all our fabulous reservations from the first go-round.

And I am totally still wearing all my birthday shirts and buttons ;)

Finally a thread for us!! We'll be going Sept 10-16 staying at Desert Inn. It'll be 4 of my DDs (12, 15, 17, 20) and myself! I'm not a Halloween person so was sad to see the earlier start day (although I knew decorations would be up). The good thing is that we won't have to wait till Friday for HM and SM to open. We go at this time for lower crowds but we'll see how the earlier start day for Halloween time affects that. I am having trouble finding affordable airfare. We've never paid more than $200 RT. I can't find anything lower than $236. Maybe too early still. I prefer SNA or LGB. Really don't want to hassle with LAX unless we flew in there and out of one of the others. Anyway . . . can't wait!!!

Hi there! How exciting, where are you staying? We are flying from Sydney too :)
Yes me too, we jumped in too early last year and purchased Disney tickets, then 4 weeks later the dollor went up quite a bit! So trying to hold off on buying anything for a while this time.
We're staying at GCH, v excited! We've only paid for a deposit which is why this crappy dollar situation is stressing me out.

We will be at GCH September 15-20 to celebrate my 50th birthday! Woohoo!

My birthday was in Feb. and we had to cancel my official birthday trip just a couple of days before we flew out, as my mother was incredibly sick and ended up in the hospital. Now I get to see all the Halloween decoration and go to the first Mickey's party! Bonus! Hope I can redo all our fabulous reservations from the first go-round.

And I am totally still wearing all my birthday shirts and buttons ;)
Hope your birthday is amazing :) I will also be celebrating my bday there, I love how genuine everyone is when they say 'happy birthday' when they see your badge :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!