ºoº September 2018 Check-In Thread ºoº

So excited!! We'll be there the 14th through the 18th celebrating our daughter's 16th Birthday. (Her birthday is on the 12th, but we wanted to be sure to see Fantasmic, so made the trip over the weekend-plus we are pulling her out of school at the beginning of her junior year, so we are trying to minimize the impact on that!) It will be hubby, (who is only a lukewarm Disney fan) myself, DD16 and DS10. DD is a HUGE Disney fan, so we are excited! I currently have 3 different hotels booked. :-) Camelot Inn, DelSol and Portofino. Portofino is waaaay cheaper, but it's just such a long walk! Leaning towards DelFino. Planning on a Fantasmic Dinner package. Either RBT or Hungry Bear. My family wasn't thrilled with the BB menu, so I ordered us seat cushions off Ebay!! :-)

Wow how exciting!! I hope the rates improve :) is this your family’s first trip to Disneyland?
No, it will be 5 years to the day since we were last there. Did WDW last yr and Tokyo Disney a few years ago #DisneyFanatic.
Is it your first? I keep reading abt how insane the crowd levels are this year and am worried. When we were there 5 years ago it was fine. Tokyo Disney was just insane - we only managed to get a fraction of the rides we did in Disneyland. Our first day there will be a Sat (and my birthday) so am hoping it won't be too OTT in terms of crowds.

No, it will be 5 years to the day since we were last there. Did WDW last yr and Tokyo Disney a few years ago #DisneyFanatic.
Is it your first? I keep reading abt how insane the crowd levels are this year and am worried. When we were there 5 years ago it was fine. Tokyo Disney was just insane - we only managed to get a fraction of the rides we did in Disneyland. Our first day there will be a Sat (and my birthday) so am hoping it won't be too OTT in terms of crowds.

Oh wow! That’s exciting tho, it will have changed a bit in the past 5 years. We last went in April (spring break and easter) last year and the crowds were insane. We’ve also been for New Years so feeling pretty prepared for crowds again I think! Are you getting the 10 day pass? If so you’ll have plenty of time to take it slow :)

Hi, we will be there 12th-17th. Staying at VGC. So relieved that the Halloween decorations will be up, as I was panicking that due to last years dates, the main rides would be closed for the overlay. Flying in from Australia, so need to make the most of it.

My husband and I are headed down September 18-26 staying mostly at VGC and Motel 6. We're going with a girlfriend of mine who's never been... the forth member of our traveling party is a little bit up in the air it was supposed to be her husband but he changed jobs recently so now it might be a mutual friend... we shall see!

Didn't see a thread for September so I figured I'd start one!

Going for the FIRST TIME EVER, September 24th-29th! Staying at HoJo...but that could change. Lol. :cool1:
IF your staying on property, keep a look out for free dining plan. Sept is the slowest season for Disney and sometimes they offer great deals.

IF your staying on property, keep a look out for free dining plan. Sept is the slowest season for Disney and sometimes they offer great deals.

This is the Disneyland board and no such thing exists for Disneyland (sadly or happily depending on your view of the dining plan)

Sorry didn't realize Disneyland doesn't have some of the stuff Disney World does. I have only ever been to WDW.

Oh wow! That’s exciting tho, it will have changed a bit in the past 5 years. We last went in April (spring break and easter) last year and the crowds were insane. We’ve also been for New Years so feeling pretty prepared for crowds again I think! Are you getting the 10 day pass? If so you’ll have plenty of time to take it slow :)
I've heard US school hols are a nightmare for crowds! We have a 5 day pass. Figured we will have heaps more spare time as my gals won't need to meet every princess (we spent longer queuing to meet Tinkerbell and at Princess Faire last time than all rides combined!)

Visiting September 7th -14th (park days 9/9-9/10 and 9/11-9/13) staying at the Courtyard Anaheim Theme Park with our 4 and 2 year old. We took them last April (2017) and are excited about our return trip!

I'll be staying at the Grand Californian for my honeymoon from September 10 to 16. We typically go to Disney World, so we figured that made Disneyland a bit more of a special trip.

Booked a trip for my family of 4 from September 2-12 (park days 4-6th, 10-11th) on a bit of a whim. Anyone been during this time? Can you offer any insight into what the weather is typically like? I have done some research but I am getting anything from miserable heat to bring a jacket for the chilly mornings/evenings. We are from Hawaii, so no strangers to heat and humidity. In fact, I tend to wear jeans every single day and get cold whenever it is less than 78 out. I am worried, however, that it will be unenjoyable and am almost second guessing my decision. I'm also hoping that the crowds will be on the lighter side during this time. Last time we went to Disneyland was mid May 2016 and we ended up being overrun by high school students :crazy2:

I'll be staying at the Grand Californian for my honeymoon from September 10 to 16. We typically go to Disney World, so we figured that made Disneyland a bit more of a special trip.

Congrats to you (a little bit early)! We enjoy the Grand Californian Hotel. DH and kids love riding Grizzly Rapids over and over at night until they are all soaking wet, then they head back to the room! They usually close the ride down!

Booked a trip for my family of 4 from September 2-12 (park days 4-6th, 10-11th) on a bit of a whim. Anyone been during this time? Can you offer any insight into what the weather is typically like? I have done some research but I am getting anything from miserable heat to bring a jacket for the chilly mornings/evenings. We are from Hawaii, so no strangers to heat and humidity. In fact, I tend to wear jeans every single day and get cold whenever it is less than 78 out. I am worried, however, that it will be unenjoyable and am almost second guessing my decision. I'm also hoping that the crowds will be on the lighter side during this time. Last time we went to Disneyland was mid May 2016 and we ended up being overrun by high school students :crazy2:
We were at DLR last September during the time you will be there. The weather was perfect for us! Sunny, warm and comfortable. I don’t remember the exact temperature, but we wore shorts and short sleeves during the day, and we were very comfortable. It was busy to us, but we used MaxPass, and had no trouble getting FP for any ride that we wanted. We’re rope drop people, getting to the parks as early as possible, using the MM/EMH is very helpful for shorter lines.

I am going with my sister September 18-21 to celebrate my birthday (Sept. 15). Currently booked at the Candy Cane Inn but considering Disney property to make the trip extra special.

Sorry didn't realize Disneyland doesn't have some of the stuff Disney World does. I have only ever been to WDW.
Thank god, Disneyland is not DW and all DW is a Corporate theme park that Walt had nothing with except point at a map with stick. Now our land is being turned into is a Marvel amusement park...just my opinion.

Jack

Thank god, Disneyland is not DW and all DW is a Corporate theme park that Walt had nothing with except point at a map with stick. Now our land is being turned into is a Marvel amusement park...just my opinion.

Jack
I may have to make a trip to Disneyland sometime. What is your favorite thing about this park?

My friends and I are going for the first time ever Sept. 26-Oct. 2. We are staying at the Anaheim Discovery Inn.

We have our flights and hotel. We need to get our Halloween party ticket and get our park tickets yet.

Since it is our first time in California, what is the weather like during that time of year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter