September 2018 discount watch

Mousesavers says that last year's summer discounts came out 3/27/17 and September discounts (room discount as well as free dining) followed on 4/24/17. This year's summer discounts came out almost a week earlier on 3/21, but it seems Disney is still following the same in-general end of the month trend.

Last edited:
Following. Trying to decide if I should stick with a Disney operated hotel and AP discount or try for a discount at Swan/Dolphin.

Hopefully sweet September deals will help me make up my mind.

Thank you for all of this. We are currently booked in a deluxe cl room at WL. Like I said before, there are very few rooms that sleep 6. At most other places we would have to get 2 rooms to fit us, and the cost ends up being more than the one deluxe room. We are staying 6 nights, but we were not planning on doing park hopper this trip. Last time we had it and we did not even park hop. I don't know, maybe we would this time since the kids are a little older.

Really consider the parkhopper if you stay at WL. Popping over to MK in the evening us a huge perk of this resort and you should take advantage of it.

We also have 4 kids and our next trip we are thinking art of animation suite, although I will miss WL!

We're booked in September already - hopefully our first stay at a Deluxe. Hoping for a good RO discount... just waiting for them to release!

I am still waiting... thinking if I book now then Disney will have less incentive to discount their rooms :)

I am still waiting... thinking if I book now then Disney will have less incentive to discount their rooms :)
I keep wondering about that someone else mentioned that and it makes sense... If plenty is booked Disney has no reason to put our discounts...

Also waiting on room only for September. We’re going for the F&W fest so free dining would be overkill. The last few years they came out in mid to late April. Following here so I don’t blink and miss it

I keep wondering about that someone else mentioned that and it makes sense... If plenty is booked Disney has no reason to put our discounts...
Absolutely! Disney puts out discounts in order to fill the rooms, not out of the goodness of their collective hearts!! If they see that 3/4 of the rooms are booked, they won't put out a terrific discount.
I had a room booked at BLT for Sept 15-18, but decided to sell that particular contract. So, had to cancel that reservation. Now I need something to replace it but I don't want to book at rack rate!!! I'm doing down the end of April, so if there is a decent bounceback I can book that. Otherwise, will just have to wait until a discount appears!!

Super concerned after seeing the summer AP discounts drop today. Hoping for something a bit more for my dates, Sept 8-10 for Poly.

Out of curiosity, why is the AP rate concerning?

The dates I was looking at as a test (in August) had much less of a discount than I expected. Like 15% vs. 20-30 that I expected. So I'm hoping my actual travel dates in September have a better AP discount.

The dates I was looking at as a test (in August) had much less of a discount than I expected. Like 15% vs. 20-30 that I expected. So I'm hoping my actual travel dates in September have a better AP discount.
I think there is a decent chance in that bc its the fall and school goes back into session.. that's normally why they put out better discounts then

Super concerned after seeing the summer AP discounts drop today. Hoping for something a bit more for my dates, Sept 8-10 for Poly.
IIRC our dates are usually more "last minute" than the general discounts, so September-October will be "fall" discounts and they'll show up in June. :/

Does the fall discounts (room) usually come out the same day as the "free dining"?

Following as well. I’m one of those people who will not book until a discount comes out and if it doesn’t I don’t book at all. Rack rates are nuts.

I’m sure this is a common question but I can’t find the exact answer:

So if I already have a room reservation, and room only discounts are announced(in same or similar category), can I call to modify my existing reservation to new(lower) rate? Or will I need to book a new reservation and cancel the original? If I cancel, will I lose my coveted ADRs? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter