September 2018 discount watch

I’m sure this is a common question but I can’t find the exact answer:

So if I already have a room reservation, and room only discounts are announced(in same or similar category), can I call to modify my existing reservation to new(lower) rate? Or will I need to book a new reservation and cancel the original? If I cancel, will I lose my coveted ADRs? Thanks!
You can apply the discount IF it is offered for the same room type and date combination that you already have booked. Discounts do not always apply to every room type unfortunately. I would have a plan “B” in case your current room type is not covered.

Does anyone remember AP discounts for September 2017? Specifically at AS Music and Riverside?

I got an AP rate at music at the end of Nov/beginning of December 2017 for an average of 88/night.

Wondering if I can expect something similar at Music and how significant a discount Riverside would be.

So if the free dining/room discount is supposed to drop in 3 days, has no one heard what the discounts might be yet?

I REALLY want a room only discount. Dining Plan doesn't work for us and we are staying at Poly. Poly has been my bucket list resort for 20 years and hubby and I aren't getting any younger. I am prepared to pay rack as I already have it booked. I am worried to see that most reports are excluding Poly in the upcoming offers.

I REALLY want a room only discount. Dining Plan doesn't work for us and we are staying at Poly. Poly has been my bucket list resort for 20 years and hubby and I aren't getting any younger. I am prepared to pay rack as I already have it booked. I am worried to see that most reports are excluding Poly in the upcoming offers.

I'm in the same boat. We're booked at Contemporary and are willing to pay rack rate (20th anniversary trip), but I REALLY don't want to. My guess is there will still be RO discounts at the resorts excluded from FD. At least, that's been the trend. You never know what they're going to do next.

Hi Everyone,
Has anyone stacked the RO discounts with Orbitz discounts before? I’m keen to know if Orbitz updates their prices around the same time Disney drops the deal, or if they take a while to update things.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone stacked the RO discounts with Orbitz discounts before? I’m keen to know if Orbitz updates their prices around the same time Disney drops the deal, or if they take a while to update things.
Thanks!
there is no stacking discounts...ever...

if your booking through Orbitz how can you add Disney discounts? Maybe Im confused?

In the past (and apparently from previous posts here for this year's summer room only), Orbtiz applies on their initial quote the room only discount that Disney puts out. You aren't adding the disney room only discount, it is simply the only quote you get from Orbitz. Then, you add on the 15% Orbitz coupon which has now been capped out at $150. In the past the 15% discount was not capped and so this was a great deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter