*September 2019 Check-In*

We'll be there 9/14-21 at Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Area/Garden Grove, but I saved 1 night at VGC just in case we need it for SW:GE access. I had a 1 week marriott certificate that I needed to use up. If crowds settle down a bit by then, I'll cancel the VGC room to save my DVC points for our December trip.

We're booked at Stovall's September 14-18th. DH, myself, DD, DS. We've done Halloween parties twice before, not sure if we'll do it again, they're fun and all, but not an end all/be all for us and so might just opt to save the added expense and use any party nights at CA or rest by the pool.

We had to move our dates a day forward-- it turns out DD21 starts college classes on Monday the 16th. So now we're Wed 11th- Sunday the 15th. Married DD23 and her hubby will join us Thurs-Sun.

I just bought our 5-day parkhoppers through Last Minute Travel! Can't WAIT!

Hi! Im sorry to bother this thread...can anyone help me find the December 2019 Check In. I've searched repeatedly and all I find is WDW. Thank you!

Hi! Im sorry to bother this thread...can anyone help me find the December 2019 Check In. I've searched repeatedly and all I find is WDW. Thank you!

Seems it's not been done yet. Feel free to open one if you like.

We just booked our annual September trip! Although we did Disneyland last year, we are excited to head back to Disney World this year and try another new hotel! We really like the Epcot area and have done Beach, Boardwalk, and Yacht, and are giving Swan a try! We were late to our game and missed the 180-day mark, so I’m really trying to put together dining reservations ASAP but I’m unable to get a ton ugh.

We just booked our annual September trip! Although we did Disneyland last year, we are excited to head back to Disney World this year and try another new hotel! We really like the Epcot area and have done Beach, Boardwalk, and Yacht, and are giving Swan a try! We were late to our game and missed the 180-day mark, so I’m really trying to put together dining reservations ASAP but I’m unable to get a ton ugh.
That sounds wonderful! I’m always amazed at the amount of planning and reservations that go into a WDW trip compared to Disneyland. This thread is for Disneyland trips, though, so I can’t add you to the list on the original post. Anyway, have fun planning! I always think that’s half the fun!

That sounds wonderful! I’m always amazed at the amount of planning and reservations that go into a WDW trip compared to Disneyland. This thread is for Disneyland trips, though, so I can’t add you to the list on the original post. Anyway, have fun planning! I always think that’s half the fun!

Haha yes I saw that! I was just hanging out on the Disneyland side for a bit and decided to hyjack lol :lovestruc. You are all going to have such a wonderful time! It was the best time to go, and I honestly wish we were going back there instead of Disney World because it is 100% much easier to plan!!! It’s so laid back and wonderful! Very jealous of you all heading there!!! Last year Matterhorn was closed and I was SO BUMMED!! Have fun :love:

Me!!

DH and I will arrive on September 24th - checking in to DLH. First park day is the 25th, and we are there until the 27th late in the day. Then we are off to a hotel in Hollywood where we will spend the Saturday doing all the touristy things. Then we get the heck out of dodge, pick up a rental car and spend several days driving the coast to our final destination of San Francisco.

Disney portion is my 50th birthday trip, and the rest of the trip is for our 25th anniversary.

I'm SO excited!!!

Hi!! Going to be in Disneyland September 16th to 18th for our son's second birthday!! I can't wait!! It'll be my second time (first was over 10 years ago), and my husband's and son's first visit!

Is 3 days enough to experience the two parks? Also, anyone can recommend a restaurant to celebrate a birthday?

Hi!! Going to be in Disneyland September 16th to 18th for our son's second birthday!! I can't wait!! It'll be my second time (first was over 10 years ago), and my husband's and son's first visit!

Is 3 days enough to experience the two parks? Also, anyone can recommend a restaurant to celebrate a birthday?
At that age, you won't get to experience everything, but it will be plenty for a little 2 year old and tons of fun. Everything takes longer with a baby. Go with the flow and be ok with not getting to do *everything.* Preserve naps/sleep when possible, it'll make the trip more enjoyable for all.

That sounds so fun for a toddler birthday! Maybe a character meal, if he likes the characters? Sometimes little ones are kinda scared of them but sometimes they are just all about the characters. Goofy's Kitchen might be a lot of fun, or the Stitch breakfast over at Paradise Pier. Or breakfast at the Plaza with Minnie and Friends-- the most characters.

3 days is probably good, though I kind of prefer 3 full days with a half day on one or both ends. Like, we're coming in on a Wednesday and going to the parks probably midday. Then 3 full days. Then a morning before we fly out at 3 p.m. But your 3 days might be just right for your little guy without overwhelming him. I second Jperiod's suggestion of naps-- I believe that at any age, everybody does better when you ditch the parks midday when it's crowded, go back to your hotel, and get in a nap or rest, maybe a little splashing in the pool. Also, go with the flow, toddler speed. Stop and smell the flowers. Wave at Mickey. Shorter stroller naps can be awesome, while Mom and Dad have a glass of something reviving- maybe a margarita on the Wharf if you partake of such things. :)

Where are you staying? Adding you to the thread on the OP. Hope your trip is wonderful!

My daughter and I are going Sept. 15-20. I haven't booked air yet as I am hoping we can hit up the Halloween party on the 20th. I am hoping it won't be too crazy with Star Wars Land opening.
Stardusty, where are you staying? Updating the front page. :)

At that age, you won't get to experience everything, but it will be plenty for a little 2 year old and tons of fun. Everything takes longer with a baby. Go with the flow and be ok with not getting to do *everything.* Preserve naps/sleep when possible, it'll make the trip more enjoyable for all.

That sounds so fun for a toddler birthday! Maybe a character meal, if he likes the characters? Sometimes little ones are kinda scared of them but sometimes they are just all about the characters. Goofy's Kitchen might be a lot of fun, or the Stitch breakfast over at Paradise Pier. Or breakfast at the Plaza with Minnie and Friends-- the most characters.

3 days is probably good, though I kind of prefer 3 full days with a half day on one or both ends. Like, we're coming in on a Wednesday and going to the parks probably midday. Then 3 full days. Then a morning before we fly out at 3 p.m. But your 3 days might be just right for your little guy without overwhelming him. I second Jperiod's suggestion of naps-- I believe that at any age, everybody does better when you ditch the parks midday when it's crowded, go back to your hotel, and get in a nap or rest, maybe a little splashing in the pool. Also, go with the flow, toddler speed. Stop and smell the flowers. Wave at Mickey. Shorter stroller naps can be awesome, while Mom and Dad have a glass of something reviving- maybe a margarita on the Wharf if you partake of such things. :)

Where are you staying? Adding you to the thread on the OP. Hope your trip is wonderful!

We were at WDW for his birthday last year, which was a blast. He LOVED the characters then, so I'm hoping it'll be the same this year. As of right now, we're staying at the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn, although that could change if the on site hotels end up having any discounts. Last year he napped while I wore him in a carrier, but I doubt that'll be the case this year, so I'm planning on a midday break. Are there any splash pads in the parks? They were great last year for cooling down when it was so hot.

I like the idea of adding a half day. I'll have to see how much extra that would be.

Oh, sorry. I scored a studio villa at The Grand by renting points 11 months in advance. It will be our first time staying there so we are super duper excited.

Oh, sorry. I scored a studio villa at The Grand by renting points 11 months in advance. It will be our first time staying there so we are super duper excited.

Was it 11 months to the day? I tried to rent pts for a studio there last week with no luck. Just wondering for the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts