**September 2019**

Are they picky? Adventurous? How old is the child?

She's 7 and supppper picky! My niece is a hot mess, but I love her. She likes Casey's Corner though. Everytime we go to Ohana's she never eats cause she's either exhausted or she is SO hungry we have to get her something on the way over. Everyone else has no allergies or anything.

I find BOG very impressive for lunch! We do 'Ohana every trip too and its hard to beat Tonga Toast for breakfast!

We have an inside joke about BOG, for YEARS we've tried to get ADRs but we haven't ever gotten the chance. Well, my sister's family has been cause my sister has been to Disney a few times without us(HOW DARE SHE!). My mom and I now joke that we will never get to meet the Beast especially since he's only a nighttime staple and we just can't justify the cost of the meal at night now since we use the DDP and it's signature. I'd seriously still love to go to BOG lunch.

As a group of adults, we’re prob pretty boring, but our must do’s are always Ohana, Homecoming, Yak & Yeti and the Wave breakfast :laughing: But there are definitely tons of restaurants we haven’t tried yet, too!

Looking up Homecoming and it looks really awesome actually. Now you are giving me something to think about. I always forget how many different restaurants are there. ALSO we love 1800 Park Fare for breakfast! I just hope the newbies in the group love it too.

Yesterday was our ADR day! My husband and I and our 2 best friends are heading to WDW Sept 8-15. We got

Sept 9- Crystal Palace @ 8:25am (going to keep trying for an 8am) and Skipper Canteen @ 4pm
Sept 10- Storybook Dining @ 4:15pm*
Sept 11- Sci-Fi Dine In @ 1:45pm
Sept 12- Bon Voyage Breakfast @ 7:30am and Teppan Edo @ 1pm
Sept 13- no TS
Sept 14- Be Our Guest @ 4pm

*I originally couldn't get Storybook dining before 8:45pm which didn't work since we wanted to go there for dinner before MNSSHP. But I checked one more time, on a whim, before heading to work and there happened to be a reservation for 4:15pm. I freaked out! So now we have everything we hoped for. We're still a bit bummed that we'll be there so close to SWGE opening but we're being optimistic and looking forward to our Adventure.
We have an 8:20am ADR for Crystal Palace on the 9th too.

When do the Magic Kingdom gates open for general admission on EMM days?

Gates open at about 7:45 on a 9 AM opening day. If you don't have an EMM wristband or BoG ADR, you will not be able to get into any of the lands until 9, but you will be able to shop, go into Starbucks, get pics on Main Street, etc.

Thanks for the replies on EMM. I was afraid they wouldn't open the gates until later because EMM hours are quoted as being 7:45 to 10 am.

Thanks for the replies on EMM. I was afraid they wouldn't open the gates until later because EMM hours are quoted as being 7:45 to 10 am.

EMM includes breakfast, the 9-10am time slot is for the EMM folks to eat while the regular day guests arrive.

EMM includes breakfast, the 9-10am time slot is for the EMM folks to eat while the regular day guests arrive.

Thank you. That was the piece I wasn't understanding.
With the new EMM date announcements I was afraid I might have to tweak my plans but I feel much better now.

She's 7 and supppper picky! My niece is a hot mess, but I love her. She likes Casey's Corner though. Everytime we go to Ohana's she never eats cause she's either exhausted or she is SO hungry we have to get her something on the way over. Everyone else has no allergies or anything.

I would try for Storybook because it looks like a great compromise between fun character meal and enjoyable food.
I think SciFi is a lot of fun and a unique Disney type of experience.

Thank you to whoever cancelled their 5:15pm ‘Ohana reservation on our first night!!! :upsidedow
A very unexpected surprise this morning. 165 days!

Gates open at about 7:45 on a 9 AM opening day. If you don't have an EMM wristband or BoG ADR, you will not be able to get into any of the lands until 9, but you will be able to shop, go into Starbucks, get pics on Main Street, etc.
Does it mean that I can enter the park before 9 even if I do not have EMM wristband or ADR? Do you think Starbucks will be open before 9am?

The boyfriend and I are officially booked for September 21-27th at Pop, and yesterday morning I managed to get a reservation to Be Our Guest for dinner on our last night!! This will be a first time visit to WDW for both of us, (and the USA for one of us) so I couldn’t be more excited.

Galaxy’s Edge was announced 2 days after I made my deposit (specifically trying to AVOID it) and I initially went through the 7 stages of grief but now I’m almost over it and can accept my first visit will be busier that I anticipated.

Last edited:
The boyfriend and I are officially booked for September 21-27th at Pop, and yesterday morning I managed to get a reservation to Be Our Guest for dinner on our last night!! This will be a first time visit to WDW for both of us, (and the USA for one of us) so I couldn’t be more excited.

Galaxy’s Edge was announced 2 days after I made my deposit (specifically trying to AVOID it) and I initially went through the 7 stages of grief but now I’m almost over it and can accept my first visit will be busier that I anticipated.
Added to roll call.

ADR day was yesterday, we got almost everything exactly when we wanted it.

Sept 21 Liberty Tree (family tradition)
Sept 22 O’hana (8:50, need earlier time)
Sept 24 Tusker House
Sept 24 Storybook Dining
Sept 25 BOG lunch and Crystal Palace
Sept 26 Garden Grill

There were lots of options for the places we wanted, except Ohana. Even Chef Mickey (which we didn’t keep) and Storybook had options on multiple days.

I posted this similar question in a different thread but since we are all going the same time'sh, I will ask y'alls advice too (yes, I am from Texas)
4 nights, 3 parks - MK, HS & AK

I always feel I am not at Disney until I see the castle (uggghhh, need a new mindset probably) this whole time I have been planning to do MK on Friday (first park day) it is also MNSSHP (not attending) so the park will close early, we will not see any fireworks BUT I've read the crowds are usually lighter. OR should I go out of my weird Disney mindset and go to MK on Saturday? More park hours, get to watch fireworks but more crowded...ALSO, BOG dinner is the top priority for this trip, going on Saturday will give us more dining time options, opposed to the handful on Saturday due to park hours. What are your thoughts or suggestions? What would you do?

Then I must decide AK on Friday or Saturday
and HS Friday or Saturday.
Sat in m.k. Is too crowded for us.....we like party days even if not attending

ADR morning came and went without a hitch. Got everything we had planned. Hope everyone else towards the end of September has the same luck.
Wooohooo...fingers crossed, my day is Saturday...was Storybook on your list?

ADR day was yesterday, we got almost everything exactly when we wanted it.

Sept 21 Liberty Tree (family tradition)
Sept 22 O’hana (8:50, need earlier time)
Sept 24 Tusker House
Sept 24 Storybook Dining
Sept 25 BOG lunch and Crystal Palace
Sept 26 Garden Grill

There were lots of options for the places we wanted, except Ohana. Even Chef Mickey (which we didn’t keep) and Storybook had options on multiple days.
This gives me hope for Storybook...can't wait until Saturday to see if I laugh or cry...lol

This gives me hope for Storybook...can't wait until Saturday to see if I laugh or cry...lol

This morning was my 180 days. I focused on some other hot properties like BOG and V&A first and by the time I got to Story Book, which was a 60+7 day reservation, I could only book for 2 instead of the 6 I needed. So if that's important to you hit it pretty quickly!

This morning was my 180 days. I focused on some other hot properties like BOG and V&A first and by the time I got to Story Book, which was a 60+7 day reservation, I could only book for 2 instead of the 6 I needed. So if that's important to you hit it pretty quickly!

Wow, I didn't realize Storybook Dining was in such high demand! One of you has to do a trip report and let us know how it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter