September 27th, 2018 - 7 Night Canada Cruise from Quebec

Anisum

DIS Veteran
Hello all, I'm very exciting to be taking this cruise. It will be my first Halloween on the High Seas cruise. I figured since there wasn't a thread for it yet I would start one for those who wanted to discuss this cruise as it approaches.

One thing I wanted to note was that I had called Disney to get the information on port transfers for those who are interested and would like to share my results. I also shared this on the Quebec, Saguenay, and Baie-Comeau thread.

From YUL to Port: $70 per person (USD)
From YQB to Port: $40 per person (USD)

Also relevant are the times which have been updated to be slightly vague:
  • Latest arrival time to Québec City will fly into Québec City International Airport on Embarkation Day: 11:45 AM - 2:00 PM
  • Latest arrival time to Québec City will fly into Montreal International Airport on Embarkation Day: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Thanks!

Hello all, I'm very exciting to be taking this cruise. It will be my first Halloween on the High Seas cruise. I figured since there wasn't a thread for it yet I would start one for those who wanted to discuss this cruise as it approaches.

One thing I wanted to note was that I had called Disney to get the information on port transfers for those who are interested and would like to share my results. I also shared this on the Quebec, Saguenay, and Baie-Comeau thread.

From YUL to Port: $70 per person (USD)
From YQB to Port: $40 per person (USD)

Also relevant are the times which have been updated to be slightly vague:
  • Latest arrival time to Québec City will fly into Québec City International Airport on Embarkation Day: 11:45 AM - 2:00 PM
  • Latest arrival time to Québec City will fly into Montreal International Airport on Embarkation Day: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Thanks!

Thanks for getting this thread started. This will be our 9th Disney Cruise and also doing the back to back for the cruise out of NYC and down to Bermuda and back, so will get our platinum status!!! We are especially excited as this itinerary will be something different vs the other cruises we've done on Disney. We are flying in to Quebec City on Tuesday PM, spending the day sightseeing Wednesday, boarding and relaxing on the ship Thursday and then doing more excursions on Friday before the ship departs that PM. I know its going to be a magical time!!!

Thanks for getting this thread started. This will be our 9th Disney Cruise and also doing the back to back for the cruise out of NYC and down to Bermuda and back, so will get our platinum status!!! We are especially excited as this itinerary will be something different vs the other cruises we've done on Disney. We are flying in to Quebec City on Tuesday PM, spending the day sightseeing Wednesday, boarding and relaxing on the ship Thursday and then doing more excursions on Friday before the ship departs that PM. I know its going to be a magical time!!!
Nice! It will also be my 9th cruise! I'll have to wait a little longer to hit platinum. It sounds like you guys already have the first few days planned out. I still have to look into excursions for Friday but I imagine we too will be relaxing on the ship on Thursday.

Hello! My DH and I are booked. All ports are new to us. This will be DCL #28 for me. We just purchased airfare from Detroit to Quebec and arrive on the 26th. We booked a room at Port Royal. We plan to stay in NYC for a few days. Looking forward to this new adventure!

Jan

Last edited:

Wow! 28... how awesome! Once we retire, hope to get up to that number. We are at the Le Capitole in Old Quebec, coming in from Kansas City, MO. Looking forward to seeing the new updates on the Magic as well! The Magic was our 1st Disney cruise, so it has sentimental feelings for us, though they all are wonderful ships!

Zipp, our first cruise ever was on the Magic in July 1999. We, too, have sentimental feelings about the Magic. Our favorite server on the Magic will be on board for this cruise, another plus!!

This will be my first cruise on it following the dry dock the Magic just completed so I can't wait to see the changes. I lived in NYC for a few years and there's so much to do there. You will have a great time staying for a few days.

We have been debating about this cruise. The new *GT rates they have released are making it very tempting to book.

Thanks for the info about the GTY rates. We are in the process now of canceling and re-booking. The group on other social media is also aware of the new rates.

Just booked the VGT rate for this cruise!
Still figuring out travel plans and accomdations for pre and post cruise.

We have cruised on other lines before but this will be our very first cruise on DCL. I am sure I will have many questions. We are flying in to Quebec City the day before the cruise just to be safe and explore the city a little before getting onboard. Being a Canadian, I have to say I have never been to Quebec other than a couple of stopovers at the Montreal airport. For this cruise, I am a little confused about the check-in time on Sep 27 (Day 1). I understand that the ship is staying put and not leaving until the afternoon of Day 2. But when will passengers be able to actually start to check-in on Day 1? The Day 1 all aboard time on the Disney website (11:59 PM) is not very helpful.

We have cruised on other lines before but this will be our very first cruise on DCL. I am sure I will have many questions. We are flying in to Quebec City the day before the cruise just to be safe and explore the city a little before getting onboard. Being a Canadian, I have to say I have never been to Quebec other than a couple of stopovers at the Montreal airport. For this cruise, I am a little confused about the check-in time on Sep 27 (Day 1). I understand that the ship is staying put and not leaving until the afternoon of Day 2. But when will passengers be able to actually start to check-in on Day 1? The Day 1 all aboard time on the Disney website (11:59 PM) is not very helpful.
Since this is a new itinerary I don't know that we will know until it gets closer. I know for Europe however that they usually have people cleared off the ship between 11-12 and are loading people on between 12-1 depending on what time they finish off loading. In those scenarios you could check in really early but would be sitting for the whole time. For this cruise it's a bit different since the previous sailing is also staying in Quebec for the day prior to disembarkation which all together could mean an earlier or faster disembarkation since they don't have to clear customs day off. My thought would be that whatever the earliest check-in time listed when inputting your check-in information would be the earliest you could feasibly start the check-in and embarkation process. I'm gold so I can find that out June 14th but if anyone on this cruise is Platinum they may be able to let you know sooner.

Usual DCL boarding time starts approximately 11:30 am to 12 noon. I haven't found anything to suggest a later boarding time. We are flying in the day before as well. Our plan is to explore QC on September 28, as we are in port for most of the second day. Looking forward to getting on board the Magic as it's been four years since we last sailed on her. FYI: Muster drill is at approximately 4 p.m. on the day we board. Not sure about sailaway party. This is a different type cruise for us.

My husband and I just booked this cruise yesterday. This will be our 9th Disney cruise and our 4th on the Magic (our favorite ship). Looking forward to getting the planning started.

I'm really curious how the first day works, since we don't actually leave port until 4:45pm on the 2nd day. I haven't seen any Quebec City excursions listed on DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts