September 9, 2018 WBTA - Dover to New York

Hi! Decided to unlurk and make an account. Starting to get excited about the cruise! My 4th Disney cruise (2nd westbound transatlantic) with DH and 2 kids (9 & 5). Will be ending a 2.5 months long travel with this cruise so pretty stoked about it.

Someone mentioned Uber & Lyft in NYC in the above comments. Uber & Lyft drivers in NYC are actually required to have TLC licenses so just some FYI.

I have yet to book my transportation in London to Dover (not staying at a Disney recommended hotel) so will look into calling Disney about it.

Anyhow, Hi!! :ccat:

Welcome aboard!

I am taking the London City Center Transfer that leaves from DoubleTree Hilton Victoria that I booked through Disney. They told me I should be there by about
9 am as it leaves around 10am on Sunday Sept. 9th if that helps. I am not staying at a Disney recommended hotel either, am staying at the St Emins hotel in between Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey.

I’m also staying for a couple of days before this cruise and getting Disney transportation from London Heathrow. The Disney representative told me I have to call the transport people 48 hours before the cruise to see what time I have to show up at the airport. They told me that can’t give me location or times when I can show up because I didn’t book my hotel or flight through Disney. Is that correct?

Think I will hit some museums and then Harrods. That should take up most of the day as the Natural History Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum are close by and Harrods is a straight shot up the street by bus or tube. The museums are free (Harrods will not be HAHAHAHA)::yes::

We're doing the Exclusive Houses of Parliament Tour & Skip the Line Westminster Abbey Tour on Saturday.

Hi Adora227,

I am also taking the DCL transportation from Heathrow to the Magic. I emailed Disney and was told to meet the representative in the Arrivals Hall of Terminal 3. I assume that's where people come out of customs with their luggage? And to be there no later than 11am. I will be calling again before I leave the US on the 5th and hope I don't have to make an international call from London to Orlando. I guess I could figure it out if I have to, though.

Do you want to trade info so we can keep in touch about it? And I should be able to get wifi at the hotel the night before. Doesn't look like there is free wifi at the airport. Oh, looks like if you sign up you can get it . . but I probably won't.

I tried to message you but you have to have 10 posts so I can do that.

Hi Adora227,

I am also taking the DCL transportation from Heathrow to the Magic. I emailed Disney and was told to meet the representative in the Arrivals Hall of Terminal 3. I assume that's where people come out of customs with their luggage? And to be there no later than 11am. I will be calling again before I leave the US on the 5th and hope I don't have to make an international call from London to Orlando. I guess I could figure it out if I have to, though.

Do you want to trade info so we can keep in touch about it? And I should be able to get wifi at the hotel the night before. Doesn't look like there is free wifi at the airport. Oh, looks like if you sign up you can get it . . but I probably won't.

I tried to message you but you have to have 10 posts so I can do that.
I’d love to trade information so we can keep in touch. Not sure how to message someone on here. The Disney representative gave me 3 different numbers to call them one is not supposed to cost us anything if we call from the local hotel.

Hey boys and girls, did you hear on the podcast show on 07/10/2018 that Pete Werner will be in London from Sept 6-13????? He is thinking of doing a
fan meet either the 7th or the 8th!! The details have not been ironed out yet as far as I know.
Would that be cool or what!!pixiedust:

I didn't catch him saying he was there from 6th - 13th? I thought they were only in town either the 6th or 7th?

I say that as I thought it a bit of a coincidence they were in town the 6/7th then a certain cruise ship sets sail on the 8th!

I didn't catch him saying he was there from 6th - 13th? I thought they were only in town either the 6th or 7th?

I say that as I thought it a bit of a coincidence they were in town the 6/7th then a certain cruise ship sets sail on the 8th!

My first thought, but I listened again and he said 6-13 with a Dis meet either the 7th or 8th.
(our ship sails on the 9th)

What cruise ship is that? The Magic sails on the 9th :D

Ha! Touche with the dates!! We get married the day before so it's all a bit of a blur at the minute!!

I’d love to trade information so we can keep in touch. Not sure how to message someone on here. The Disney representative gave me 3 different numbers to call them one is not supposed to cost us anything if we call from the local hotel.

I think you have to have 10 posts and then I can message you. You have 3 so far. So keep posting. I'll check back at the beginning of August and see if you have 10 and then I'll write you! I can have someone back here in the US make the call and text me. And I'll check again with my Disney agent. I find contacting during the week is better than the weekend. Absolutely we'll exchange info. Where are you staying? I am at the Hilton Garden Inn Heathrow Airport - in Hounslow. Price has gone up - it's $100 a night now but still not bad. I am thinking about getting to the airport around 9 on Sunday, just in case?

Almost ready, just purchased a pirate hat pirate:and a tiaraprincess:....just need Lion King tickets and some pound notes. By the way, I wonder how much to bring?
Any thoughts??

How long will you be in London? I just hit a BANK ATM when I get there. NOT the ones in the airport that are run by Currency Exchange companies.

Just need pounds for pre cruise London and then Portland. Ireland takes Euros.

IRISH POSTAGE STAMPS
The website is back up. It costs €1.50 to mail postcards from Ireland. Not cheap. But they have some pretty stamps. I ordered a bunch of €1 and then some 50 cent stamps. Website not too hard to figure out. Shipping is €1.50 which is quite reasonable.

In case you are interested in mailing your cards from Cork.
http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/IrishStamps/Home

Last edited:
PICK UP FOR DCL TRANSER FROM LONDON HEATHROW for passengers not staying at a DCL hotel

Just receive this back today:

7/19/18
Hi Lee,
I rechecked with my Embarkation Guest Services and they assured me it is still Terminal 3 at the Arrivals section at 11:00a.m. There will be several Disney Cruise Line Representatives there to offer assistance. You can certainly arrive earlier if you like.
I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance in planning your visit, please feel free to contact us.
Have a Magical Day!
Anna

Thanks girl of the south for posting about the dcl transfer. Wish they had included how early they would be there. I did this trip last year and can’t remember the time I got there. I made the mistake of flying in the day of the cruise I got lucky and made it but will never do that again.

I think you have to have 10 posts and then I can message you. You have 3 so far. So keep posting. I'll check back at the beginning of August and see if you have 10 and then I'll write you! I can have someone back here in the US make the call and text me. And I'll check again with my Disney agent. I find contacting during the week is better than the weekend. Absolutely we'll exchange info. Where are you staying? I am at the Hilton Garden Inn Heathrow Airport - in Hounslow. Price has gone up - it's $100 a night now but still not bad. I am thinking about getting to the airport around 9 on Sunday, just in case?
We are staying at the Novotel hotel it’s the old one. We think we will go about the same time as well if the bus is full I can always wait for the next one but don’t want to arrive at port too late.

Almost ready, just purchased a pirate hat pirate:and a tiaraprincess:....just need Lion King tickets and some pound notes. By the way, I wonder how much to bring?
Any thoughts??
Lion king tickets I’m jealous we will be in London a few days but haven’t thought about seeing anything. We saw wicked last time you gave me a good idea to look for s show to see. We also grab money at an atm but only once as my bank charges me way too much to use overseas. We use our credit card whenever possible as there are no foreign transaction fees associated with the card and this way don’t have to worry about carrying so much cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter