September Exercise Challenge - Get Fit For Fall!

GrandAdmiralStrife

DisDad #744
Welcome to the September 2019 exercise Challenge! It may be summer still and hot (101 in Austin TX today) but finally, school has started, pumpkin spice is in the air, and the holiday season is speeding towards us...

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal, and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. (You can post daily or just catch up when you can.) You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since September 30 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 450
20 minutes/day = 600
30 minutes/day = 900
45 minutes/day = 1350
1 hour/day = 1800

One of the special motivations of our Disney exercise challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Clear Skies Blue
25% - Burnt Orange (Hook'em HORNS!)
50% - Sage Purple
75% - Turf Green
90% - School House Red

100% - Gold Star

We’re officially starting this challenge on September 1st, but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Another thank you for keeping this group going, GrandAdmiralStrife!

I'm dropping down to 1200 for this month. I hate to do it, but I'm supposed to not do anything strenuous for 2-4 weeks, and that includes riding. I can still go see my sweet fur babies and do easy care work for them, but that's it. On the positive side, weeding is out! : ) Yay! I did the last of that for awhile last night because I knew the beds would just be out the window shaming me for all the world to see for the next few weeks if I didn't try to tackle as much as I could before my minor procedure this morning.

As for minutes so far, I did nothing more active than sleeping today, but managed to accrue 320 minutes of horses, weeding, and walking the first two days of the month.

320/1200

Adding this to our ‘medical report ‘ - I was all set for a gym day - even put out my stuff last night. But the weekend of the grandkids and a backyard party took their toll. I pulled muscles in my back and can barely lift my arm.
So we’re a group of walking (or not!) wounded. Ugh!!! Here’s hoping we all heal soon and get back to our regular days!
And, yes, @sophy1996 , it IS time for food and wine! We’re going in mid November. Anyone else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!