September is a good time to celebrate 40 & 10! - Updated 9/13

Btw, love your planner! Super cute.
I agree! I am a paper/pencil person so I have a Mom Planner that I love and a WDW planner that I REALLY love.
So, my planner, I have to say I loooooveee! It is called a Happy Planner and it makes me happy. you can tear pages out and move them around. They make all kinds of stickers and stamps to use with it. It's very relaxing to write out and see what the week ahead holds for me. It's been awhile since I have used an actual planner but the girls are getting busier and busier with sports and stuff. So, it is becoming more and more useful!

Yum! That bread service looks aaaaammmaaaaazzzzzzing!

Happy ADR day! I hope you got everything you were hoping for!
Seriously the bread service and the WDW Radio review totally swayed me back to NEEDING to go there on this trip. I told DH about the bread service and he was sold!

Oh no, I missed it. How did it go? I'm sure i will find out when I read through the rest of this thread. I am behind, obviously!
It's so easy to fall behind. I am posting right after this what ADR's that I got! Stay tuned! :mic:

Honestly you probably have a few days, if not more, to go back in and modify, or add ADRs. It will take a while for everything to start booking up. Maybe even a few months. It is only just now that I am having trouble changing some of my ADRs and really I'm not having that much trouble, other than not getting the exact times I want or not seeing availability for the ROL package.
I mean let's be real, it's NEVER set in stone, until we show up for the reservation, right?!?

I'd say pretty good. Its still not going to get dark til almost 8 right? They have so much nighttime stuff now, I bet they stay open til 10.
Just yesterday they pushed the time back, I think we are now at 9:00 PM!

The one I booked did say 1st showing.
I was ready @chunkymonkey's trip report and it sounded like her recent ROL dining package was for the first showing only. Sounds like you need to plan for that. Which I think will be ok for us...

I think lately they have been only doing 1 showing of Fantasmic and I think the dining plan is only for the first one regardless of how many they have per night.
I am so torn by this. I really want to see Fantastic, cause you got to figure at some point it will be going away. And we haven't seen it yet. But we are a house of Star Wars fans... (hence my handle name) And I know that my fam will probably want to see the Star Wars Fireworks again.) Provided they are still showing them then.

I love this!! I think we are doing the Disney character encyclopedia this year...maybe.
We have two of them! We love them! When the girls were little we made one for each of them. (Bad idea #1) They are heavy to lug around. But I insisted that they each have one. And after the first trip, they did, they would read them like a book and talk about the autographs and what happened during those meets. They have been great! We have made new pages for some of the newer characters if you need any. PM me I can send you them. (We had Staples cut the binding off and make it spiral bound)

But now that we have gotten the majority of the autographs, we are running out of spaces, and etc. I wanted something else to use.So, this will be awesome!

ETA: No I am going to have to buy a ton of buttons! Shame on you! LOL
Sorry, more Tinkerbell ideas to come! You have all been fore warned! ;)

That pin is amazing!!! Super gonna nab a birthday one for DD. Thanks for posting the link!
I love them!!! So much better than one with a CM's handwriting. Some are not as neat as I would like!

Stay Tuned! I am going to write an update on my ADR Adventures next!!!!

My ADR's!!!!

Tuesday, September 19th
Ohana @ 3:35
  • I find it funny that it is 3:35. It seems so specific. But I am guessing they do that for most first seatings? I feel like we had a 5:05 seating at Whispering Canyon Cafe last trip and it was def the beginning of service.
  • I think this will work well, (hopefully) We will fly in, check in to the hotel. And then we can head to an early dinner and then to a park. We can head to EPCOT via Monorail or MK, if we change our mind. Or really AK if we decide we need some extra time there.

Wednesday, September 20th
BOG lunch @ 11:15

• I moved this to today so that we def get to go and try it.
  • I love that this is 180 +1 Day and I still couldn't get a noon reservation! I pity the people who don't know to make reservations ASAP!
  • This is a little early and I tried doing BOG on Sunday, but I feel like we would cancel it then. And really for us, if we are eating at a regular counter service, we do try and eat sometime between 11 & def before noon. So, really this isn't different.
Skipper Canteen @ 6:20
  • This day is a Magic Kingdom all day day. We will probably take the boat back and relax mid-day when it gets hot. Maybe swim.
  • So, I figure this gives us plenty of time to go back to the room rest/swim and make it back into the parks for dinner.
  • This is always a favorite for all of us, so hopefully it stays!

Thursday, September 21st
Tusker House @ 1:00

• So, based on DH's comments about not wanting to take the bus "too" much. I am planning on staying at AK all day. So, I figure a lunch reservation, will get us out of the heat and off our feet at hopefully just the right time.
  • Maybe I will try and schedule a Festival of Lion King Show after lunch as well, to extend the "rest" time...
  • Animal Kingdom is now open till 9:00PM but I think we will stick with the all day plan for now.
  • I will have to keep an eye out for the ROL Dinning Packages once they release them.

Friday, September 22nd
Sanaa @ 1:50

• So, the bread service and the review I listened to TOTALLY put this restaurant back on my radar! It will be a pain, we will have to leave Wilderness Lodge, take the boat to MK, then hop on a bus to AKL. But with a 1:50 reservation we can relax all morning since we will be go go go at Animal Kingdom the day before. Then head out for dinner and then to the party. (That is still technically announced yet, so you never know!)
  • But I figure we can eat, then head straight to MK for the party and the night!

Saturday, September 23rd
OH Saturday! It has become my trouble day! It was Friday, with the party and all. But once I decided to put Sanaa back in. I feel "better" about that day. But now, that threw a wrench into the plans for today....
Trattoria al Forno @ 10:40
  • I was shooting for the latest reservation that they had. Knowing that we would be out late the night before and would def need to rest in the AM today. Right now, it looks like the last seating is 11:00 but The latest I could get was 10:40.
  • Which I don't love, that means we would more than likely need to leave WL around 9:30-ish? Which isn't a whole lot of resting..
  • This could also wait till February. I think I am the most excited about it. (Well that and the girls don't know about it, since this trip is to be a surprise...)
Ohana @ 8:55
  • This became a back up if DH said he didn't want to trek out that way after just doing that with Sanaa...
  • But I couldn't get a later time since I didn't want to give up Trattoria just yet. So, we will see. I could always as a last resort get a WCC breakfast reservation, I would think..
  • We do want to do this but it can wait till the February trip, if need be.
Beaches & Cream @ 5:00
  • So, because of all of that above, I on a whim reserved a Beaches & Cream reservation for dinner. I was kind of thinking that way we could just head to HS when we were ready. Not be dictated by a dinning reservation.
  • But how easy/hard would it be to go from HS to Beaches & Cream? We can take the boat right from the entrance of the park, correct? This might be another dinning reservation, where we might share a Table Service Credit, if we ended up doing this, as well...
So, I don't know what I want to do with this day. I was also thinking of getting a reservation for Sci-Fi again. We really liked it last time. And I feel like it's days are numbered as well. I don't see how it will fit into that park in the long run. Plus we wouldn't have to leave the park once we got there. And again, we could rest as long as we wanted in the morning and head out.

But you could say the same for doing a breakfast at Whispering Canyon that morning. We could roll downstairs have a hearty breakfast, swim for a bit then get ready for the day. Maybe I should start a poll! I don't know what to do......

Sunday, September 24th
Plaza @ 12:00 noon

• I booked this last thinking a couple things, it would be a good back up if we bale on Saturday's reservations and still have counter service credits left.
  • Plus we have never been here. And did you see those Fries?!?
  • I also started thinking, that we might only use one Adult Dining credit at Sanaa, if we get the bread service app (which is not included on the plan) And the Lamb Kefta Sliders app (which also sound amazing) DH and I could easily split the Potije meal, as it comes with two cups of the butter chicken (or at least that is what we would order) and we could easily split that with the 2 apps that aren't part of the plan.
  • Enter the Plaza, as a lunch, DH and I could easily split a sandwich from there and those fries!

Well, that is what I got. And now, I am feeling the urge to log in with my mother's account and make a few more ADR's. You know for good measure! :) Let me know your thoughts/advise. I am open to it all!

So, I already made a slight change....

I cancelled the Ohana breakfast, it was at a weird time to be leaving WL. And I made a breakfast reservation for Whispering Canyon Cafe for that morning instead. I got a 9:00 am reservation, which I figure will be perfect, we can sleep in after MNSSHP throw some clothes on, go down have breakfast, go back to the room, put bathing suits on swim a bit then get dressed and head out to HS for the rest of the day.

I did keep Trattoria al Forno just in case, for now. And I kept Beaches and Cream as well for now. I tried to get a Sci-Fi Drive in reservation but my choices were 4:10 or 7:15! Craziness!!! I am thinking that Beaches and Cream will eat into our time at the park with travel and all and us coming later in the day. So, if we didn't want breakfast, Sci-Fi would be more convenient. But I didn't love the times... So, I will keep checking. But I think I like breakfast better at the resort than a sit down dinner anywhere that day.

I also got our confirmation booklet in the mail! Super exciting!!!
FullSizeRender.jpg

Not as exciting as getting your magic bands, but still...

AND.....
FullSizeRender 2.jpg

My fast pass day is on my birthday! This is to be a Birthday/work anniversary trip, so super ironic!!! We are headed to Syracuse to the FingerLakes that day, so I will have to get our fast passes reserved, make sure the car is packed, the girls are ready for camp and have what is needed for the weekend with my mom all before we have to leave and drop the girls off at camp! Yikes!

I don't have much else to report. I started swimming this morning and it has been kicking my butt. I have been so tired at night that I can barely keep my eyes open!

It is called a Happy Planner and it makes me happy.
I tried to google it but a lot came up so I would live the link if you get a chance. I have one called The Mom Planner, which does have tear out pages, stickers, monthly and weekly pages, etc...but I like to keep my options open.

Seriously the bread service and the WDW Radio review totally swayed me back to NEEDING to go there on this trip. I told DH about the bread service and he was sold!
Yay!!

They are heavy to lug around.
Yeh, I think I've decided against for this reason.

BOG lunch @ 11:15
I like the lunch!

It will be a pain, we will have to leave Wilderness Lodge, take the boat to MK, then hop on a bus to AKL
You could Uber. I haven't done it myself but I hear lots of people do.

Beaches & Cream @ 5:00
I ended up cancelling mine. Next trip I want to stay at BC or BW so we will just do it then.

I also got our confirmation booklet in the mail! Super exciting!!!
So exciting! We never got one this time. Maybe bc we rented points or bc it was a room only.

We are headed to Syracuse to the FingerLakes that day, so I will have to get our fast passes reserved, make sure the car is packed, the girls are ready for camp and have what is needed for the weekend with my mom all before we have to leave and drop the girls off at camp! Yikes!
Sounds like a very busy day!

I tried to google it but a lot came up so I would live the link if you get a chance. I have one called The Mom Planner, which does have tear out pages, stickers, monthly and weekly pages, etc...but I like to keep my options open.
Micheal's is where I got mine. http://www.michaels.com/create-365-...-happy-mind/10508294.html?productsource=PDPZ1
I love how versatile it is! There are lots of folks on Pintrest and easy selling different templates to print out to use this it as well. I am totally addicted to it! And I just found on etsy, someone making Disney inspired covers, that I may or may not need to get...
http://www.chipandco.com/organized-disney-inspired-planner-accessories-256097/
I have been hunting for a good planner pages for this trip, but i might just make my own.

A bunch of us use the Staples version of this for work... It's called the Arc System for Staples. It's more plan but perfect for work even, since you can switch sections around, print an email and punch the holes and add it to you notebook.

Yeh, I think I've decided against for this reason.
I will try and post some photos for you of the girls book. I do love the book. I love that they looked at it after the fact and that it had purpose after the trip. If you can get them to share one, it wouldn't be "as" bad.

I ended up cancelling mine. Next trip I want to stay at BC or BW so we will just do it then.
I am kind of thinking the same. I really want to stay at Beach Club one day. And Beaches and Cream, Trattoria al Forno, & Cape May Cafe would all be on my hit list then...

Let's see how many more ADR changes you make before your trip lol! Since getting back I've decided I need to not only change some ADR's but also some park plans around.
Every time we got in the elevator at WL last week I would read the WCC breakfast menu that was hanging on the inside elevator wall, and I would think I wanted to try it. It just didn't fit in our plans but next time we stay there I'm going to try it. Looks good!

I'm going to go back and reply to your reply but it looks like ROL packages may open tomorrow for later dates. I do not know how far in advance but apparently the dates are loaded on the calendar, it's just not bookable yet. Check it out!

Ok, I saved the link. Like I said, I have my Mom planner for this year but I'll save that one and look into it, in case I like it better. As far as Disney, I bought one from Limelife Planners. You may have seen it on my PTR:
IMG_3177.JPG
IMG_3178.JPG
IMG_3179.JPG
It's very skinny so it will fit in one of my park bags. It has packing, budget, planning, etc sections. I love it. And I still have my spreadsheet and touring plans. Yes, I'm planning obsessed!

So I'm back again! Looks like the show won't be every day in September based on the dining packages calendar...but the 21st is showing up on the calendar! Hopefully you can grab a package!

Let's see how many more ADR changes you make before your trip lol! Since getting back I've decided I need to not only change some ADR's but also some park plans around.
Every time we got in the elevator at WL last week I would read the WCC breakfast menu that was hanging on the inside elevator wall, and I would think I wanted to try it. It just didn't fit in our plans but next time we stay there I'm going to try it. Looks good!
Ha! I am pretty sure as you were typing that, I was changing a reservation!

I went ahead and cancelled Beaches and Cream, I want to go there one day but I don't think it makes sense to leave HS when I know we won't be getting there at RD that day. (I secretly hope to one day stay at BC and hit Beaches & Cream, Cape May Cafe, & Trattio al Forno) But at any rate, I cancelled Beaches and Cream and grabbed a 4:10 for Sci-Fi. It's early but maybe not a bad thing, as we will want to see at least (1) night show in that park.

WCC breakfast does sound good. It will be interesting to see which we choose, Sci-Fi or WCC for that day! Did you get breakfast at Geyser Point? I really want to get the crab cake eggs benedict! I love eggs benedict and crab cakes!!!

I am 99% sure I am going to cancel the Trattoria al Forno breakfast as well. I know we can take an uber but I don't like having to meals days where we might want to uber. But I will probably hold onto that one just a little bit longer...

img_3177-jpg.228877
I remember that! I will check it out! I love the cover. I do want to figure out some cheat sheets to bring with me in the park. I always forget what snacks I wanted to try and little things to check out. Like picking up the phone in the hat shop to hear people talking... EVERY trip I say I want to do it and I always for get!

And really, aren't we all obsessed with planning and planners, that's why we are on here, right?

So I'm back again! Looks like the show won't be every day in September based on the dining packages calendar...but the 21st is showing up on the calendar! Hopefully you can grab a package!
I just tried to book one, and the date is there but it is saying nothing is available. Maybe they haven't loaded the actual bookings in yet?!? I will have to check later today. We are headed to the Franklin Institute today.

And how lucky is that, that as of now they aren't offering them everyday, that our AK day lined up! now I just need them to actually have times available.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! For the heads up!

I always forget what snacks I wanted to try and little things to check out. Like picking up the phone in the hat shop to hear people talking... EVERY trip I say I want to do it and I always for get!
This one has a wish list page so I just always add that stuff to that page!

And really, aren't we all obsessed with planning and planners, that's why we are on here, right?
This exactly!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! For the heads up!
No problem. It's kind of my thing...lol. Just ask @ariane37!

Thank You!!!!! I was able to score a ROL package FINALLY! And I got the exact same time. Woo Hoo!
Yay! So glad you got it!

Did you get breakfast at Geyser Point? I
We did not. We ate breakfast one morning at Territory Lounge and another in MK. We did walk out to Geyser Point the first morning to check things out and saw many people eating breakfast while sitting out there. First, how peaceful and pretty (when the weather is nice)! Second, while I don't remember specifically seeing anyone eating the eggs benedict, we did stare at pretty much everyone's food lol and it all looked great.

Hi. I followed you over from Mo's PTR. I have made my ADRs and changed them about a million times. Very hard to decide if you are picking the perfect restaurants for your trip. I love your snack choices.
My first ever trip to WDW, I wanted the carrot cake cookies with the cream cheese frosting filling. We were needing to go to Rock n Rollercoaster and I finally found the shop, so decided to go in and grab it and I would eat it after the ride. I took maybe one bite. Well, I put it in the little basket thing in front of me on the roller coaster. During the ride, my daughter decided she thought my purse might fall out (cookie sandwich was in my purse) so she slams her big foot onto my purse to save it. (That purse wasn't going anywhere. It was perfectly safe.) So, we get off the ride and the cookie is destroyed. No way to save it. Just a mashed glob in the paper bag. I was so sad. Have never bought another one. Maybe one day.

Hello Everyone!

Life has gotten super busy, particularly this week and next. Between the holiday and all the days off for the girls, it's been a juggling act to say the least!

Second, while I don't remember specifically seeing anyone eating the eggs benedict, we did stare at pretty much everyone's food lol and it all looked great.
Thanks! I will let you know if we get to try it or not.

Hi. I followed you over from Mo's PTR.
:welcome:

Just a mashed glob in the paper bag. I was so sad. Have never bought another one. Maybe one day.
That is so sad. We will see if I get one. We always get to the park and I forget where everything is...

So, I don't have any real updates...

I do have a few more things to add to my food lists!

IMG_8151.jpg
I "NEED" this glow cube! It's so pretty! Of course, I took a screen shot of this when it was in my feed. And now I don't remember where I can get it in Animal Kingdom! Ok, I just looked it up.

It's from Thirsty River Bar & Trek Snack and it's non-alcoholic! So, this will be a fun drink for the girls!
Pink Lotus (non-alcoholic)
Strawberry Pureé, Lychee, and Odwalla® Lemonade (Non-Alcoholic)
$4.49

When I was just looking for the drink description, I saw this:
Popcorn
in a Lotus Blossom Bucket

Anybody know what the Lotus Blossom Bucket looks like?

We are just chillin today. So, I started my cheatsheet bucket list snacks and drinks. I will probably mess with the layout some more, but here is my first stab at it.
Disney Snacks.jpg

My plan is to print them out, laminate and cut them up, so I can bring the ones that apply to that park. Let's see if THAT happens!

I "NEED" this glow cube!
Have you seen the Derby hat one from HS? I need that one!

My plan is to print them out, laminate and cut them up, so I can bring the ones that apply to that park. Let's see if THAT happens!
Very ambitious and I like it! Good luck lol. I made note cards of our daily plans for last Nov., first time doing that. Brought them down there and proceeded to leave them in the room every single day :thumbsup2
Happy Easter!

Love the snack info sheets. Hopefully, that works out for you. I may have to try something like that, because I always forget what I want to try or where to find it once in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!