Serial Pretrip reporter, back at it again! February 2019 PTR

I am loving your PTR!
We are going the first week in March and I am already way too excited for the long countdown, we have had to postpone TWICE already :/

I had growing pains as a kid too, they are awful awful awful and I pray none of my kids get them like I did.
I am glad that you have answers for your daughter- the medical field can be like a maze sometimes trying to get answers!

And your photos - AhMazing...makes me not want to do my own PTR :D

Thank you! That was going to be my first question, where is your PTR?!?! You must do one! Helps keep the crazy excitement at bay.

Oh I hate postponing! I had a PTR that was called the Neverending PTR at one point, around d 2010. We were having financial problems and I was so down but I NEEDED Disney to look forward to, so I just keep planning and having to postpone until it finally happened. Persistence pays! :rotfl:

Welcome and as soon as you get a PTR going, post the link here so o can follow! I love seeing other people's plans around the same time trip. And the more pics, the better!! :artist:

I know your impulse is to go, go, go.. but maybe you both need to start prepping for a different type of trip. After all, if you push it to the extreme and then she's out for the rest of the trip after the first day- then it's just not worth it. Maybe try to add one more day (I know it's super hard with your business, so that may be out of the question). Then just go easy. Let her sleep in a bit. You can go take pictures around the resort, or journal, or drink your 900 cups of coffee outside while she sleeps. Go half a day somewhere with a plan in place (say Frontierland only) then come back and sleep for 2 hours. Then go back out and do like Fantasyland.

I know this goes against EVERYTHING in your bones when doing a Disney trip. But it may be what saves the Disney trip. Start prepping now for a different kind of touring plan so that she doesn't have to go in the chair.

See now I'm bossy Tweedle telling you what to do. Hahahaha!

I know your impulse is to go, go, go.. but maybe you both need to start prepping for a different type of trip. After all, if you push it to the extreme and then she's out for the rest of the trip after the first day- then it's just not worth it. Maybe try to add one more day (I know it's super hard with your business, so that may be out of the question). Then just go easy. Let her sleep in a bit. You can go take pictures around the resort, or journal, or drink your 900 cups of coffee outside while she sleeps. Go half a day somewhere with a plan in place (say Frontierland only) then come back and sleep for 2 hours. Then go back out and do like Fantasyland.

I know this goes against EVERYTHING in your bones when doing a Disney trip. But it may be what saves the Disney trip. Start prepping now for a different kind of touring plan so that she doesn't have to go in the chair.

See now I'm bossy Tweedle telling you what to do. Hahahaha!
Why do you have to be the voice of reason all the time?? It's like the damn water all over again. :rotfl2:

I will consider it. A bit. Maybe a nice break at the pool each day. She can nap, I can lay in the sun with sunscreen slathered on my one arm and my face(cant handle the age/sunspots anymore) :cool:

Hi Karen! I am so excited to see a cupcake on here!! I fell off the Dis wagon for a bit because work was so crazy. I mainly go on the Swagbucks page since I am constantly working at trying to get money for our Disney habit. We went as a family in November (right after Thanksgiving) and had an amazing time! It was my 2 years post-cancer celebration trip. We went again in Feb with my BFF and her family. We were there for Princess. DH, my BFF, and I ran the 10k. Then all our kids ran the 1 mile race. My DD had a BLAST and wants to do the 5K with DH and I in 2019. DH, BFF's DH, and I ran the 1/2 marathon. Poor DH was sick at the start of our trip and he was a real trooper getting through the 1/2. We had a very respectable time considering. When we finished and were on the monorail home I said to DH, I HAVE to do this race in 2019. So rooms our booked and we will be back for it!

I will admit, we did the obligatory Via Napoli dinner the night before the 1/2 and I was looking around for you all, but sadly no cupcakes. I believe Carol and Betsy were there for the race, but I didn't see them.

Maybe we will run into you in Feb! We are booked at AKL at the moment, but we are going to switch at the 7 mth point to the Poly if we can. DD really wants to stay there again.

Hi Karen! I am so excited to see a cupcake on here!! I fell off the Dis wagon for a bit because work was so crazy. I mainly go on the Swagbucks page since I am constantly working at trying to get money for our Disney habit. We went as a family in November (right after Thanksgiving) and had an amazing time! It was my 2 years post-cancer celebration trip. We went again in Feb with my BFF and her family. We were there for Princess. DH, my BFF, and I ran the 10k. Then all our kids ran the 1 mile race. My DD had a BLAST and wants to do the 5K with DH and I in 2019. DH, BFF's DH, and I ran the 1/2 marathon. Poor DH was sick at the start of our trip and he was a real trooper getting through the 1/2. We had a very respectable time considering. When we finished and were on the monorail home I said to DH, I HAVE to do this race in 2019. So rooms our booked and we will be back for it!

I will admit, we did the obligatory Via Napoli dinner the night before the 1/2 and I was looking around for you all, but sadly no cupcakes. I believe Carol and Betsy were there for the race, but I didn't see them.

Maybe we will run into you in Feb! We are booked at AKL at the moment, but we are going to switch at the 7 mth point to the Poly if we can. DD really wants to stay there again.

Yay Jennifer!!! I'm so glad you are here! I'm so happy you've been able to do so many races,(and your family is joining in!!) I've fallen off the running wagon because of my stupid knees, but this planning has gotten my itch back so we are hoping to do W&D 10k in 2019. I admit, I momentarily considered different dates in february because I know I will see everyone will their medals Monday and I will be jealous! Maybe I should just bring mine from previous years, no one would notice. :rotfl:

Good luck with Poly, I've never started there but oh how I love AKL! I may have to convince TweedleDum that points at AKL for w&d is what we should do!

Glad you found me! I've been less than active in the cupcake page!

Why do you have to be the voice of reason all the time?? It's like the damn water all over again. :rotfl2:

Omg- I forgot about being a water pusher. I'm cracking up!!!!

It was my 2 years post-cancer celebration trip.

Hi Jennifer!! :wave: I just want to say CONGRATS ON 2 YEARS!!!! I think Karen and I are going to be there November 2019. Maybe we'll see you at that one?!?! Pretty soon I'm gonna butt my way into her PTR and make it part mine. Like a true Tweedle. :)

Hi Jennifer!! :wave: I just want to say CONGRATS ON 2 YEARS!!!! I think Karen and I are going to be there November 2019. Maybe we'll see you at that one?!?! Pretty soon I'm gonna butt my way into her PTR and make it part mine. Like a true Tweedle. :)

You know we are best as a duo!
AliceinWonderlandtweedledumandtweedledeess.jpg

I think November 2019 will be my year for W&D! Thank on the congrats, it feels pretty awesome!

P.S- You need to modify the Tweedle picture to say "Pretend like we are going to drink a bunch booze".

Quick tattoo update!

I got some more filled in on my sleeve yesterday! Super excited, I love how its turning out. It made me realize how much longer it will take though, with how long it took to fill in these sections! I've had 4 sessions so far and there will be at least 4 more! :scared1:

Anyway, yesterday Rabbit and Alice got filled in! It's so hard to get a picture that shows what they look like properly since I'm swollen and bloody.

20180412_163238.jpg

20180412_151633.jpg

20180412_151657.jpg

20180412_163109.jpg

20180412_193610.jpg

IMG_20180413_095634_616.jpg

IMG_20180413_095634_618.jpg

IMG_20180413_095634_617.jpg

That about it for an update! I have messed around with itineraries a bit but it's so far off, I'm gonna change it a couple more times probably! :laughing:

Last edited:
That looks so beautiful!

I can't wait to see you plans! For the dates, I found this year to not be that bad when we were there for Princess. The fact that you will be there just as it is wrapping up and that is when the winter breaks in the northeast wrap up should make things fine. You are a veteran as well so you know how to navigate around.

The tat is coming along stunningly. :love:

Is the Week you are going also Presidents Day weekend? I only ask because I know A LOT of schools around here (ours included) not only have that Monday off but build in the winter conferences that week too. So a lot of Northern schools will use Feb as a break since the kids typically have 3 extra days off around a weekend. (they do the same in early October around Columbus Day).

That looks so beautiful!

I can't wait to see you plans! For the dates, I found this year to not be that bad when we were there for Princess. The fact that you will be there just as it is wrapping up and that is when the winter breaks in the northeast wrap up should make things fine. You are a veteran as well so you know how to navigate around.

That was my hope, that runners would he headed home that week and spring break womt have started for most. I have never thought it was really bad during Princess weekend, so fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter