seriously sold out?

smahoney6

Mouseketeer
Trying to book a last minute fall break trip and I'm not getting any availability on the official disney resort page...is there any use to keep checking for last minute cancellations?

Trying to book a last minute fall break trip and I'm not getting any availability on the official disney resort page...is there any use to keep checking for last minute cancellations?

Call and check online, maybe also check with travel agents/agencies as well.

We just booked a last minute long weekend. When I put in the full range of dates nothing popped up. But when I put in each night separately there was availability. Try that. Then I had to call and speak to someone in guest services to have the reservations combined. Pain in the butt - but it worked.

What are your dates? I stalked MDE daily for our upcoming trip the first week of Nov. and finally got an Epcot area hotel a little over a week ago when nothing had been showing for weeks. You just have to keep searching for someone to cancel and grab it. Different hotels show up all the time.

we'd like to go thursday the 19th to sunday the 22nd of this month...the day to day checking worked too- thank you for the suggestion! I am going to keep checking as well

The consecutive days can throw off the booking. When we went over Labor Day (last minute) I was able to do Friday to Sunday but nothing available Friday to Monday. So instead of each individual day maybe you can 2 reservations by breaking up the days.

Try checking day by day individually. Disney seems to have instituted some minimum/maximum night stays that masks availability sometimes.

Try checking day by day individually. Disney seems to have instituted some minimum/maximum night stays that masks availability sometimes.

This is exactly what they are doing.

It's pretty deceptive. I don't recall this happening in the past. Could be wrong.

We thought about trying another quick weekend this weekend. I know looking 2 days from now is going to be difficult, so I'm not expecting anything great.

But if I search Friday only, I get 2 options, but if I search friday-sunday, voila, 5 different options magically appear!

So they are purposely holding out rooms for people who are doing more than 1 night?

ETA: For example, if you search for Friday night, AoA Fam suite is unavailable. But if you want Friday through Sunday, it is available...Hmm.

This is exactly what they are doing.

It's pretty deceptive. I don't recall this happening in the past. Could be wrong.

We thought about trying another quick weekend this weekend. I know looking 2 days from now is going to be difficult, so I'm not expecting anything great.

But if I search Friday only, I get 2 options, but if I search friday-sunday, voila, 5 different options magically appear!

So they are purposely holding out rooms for people who are doing more than 1 night?
If I'm recalling properly from all the anecdotal stories I've seen, it appears that sometimes they are holding them out for some sorter stays as well. The parameters seem to vary.

We are looking at the week after Thanksgiving and also getting NO availability at any resorts when we search regardless of using our AP or looking at rack rate. It's crazy to not be able to search for rooms in a block. I can't believe every room is booked for the week that is generally one of the lowest attendance of the year. I'll try breaking it down day by day and see if that helps.

We are looking at the week after Thanksgiving and also getting NO availability at any resorts when we search regardless of using our AP or looking at rack rate. It's crazy to not be able to search for rooms in a block. I can't believe every room is booked for the week that is generally one of the lowest attendance of the year. I'll try breaking it down day by day and see if that helps.
Try searching for package prices. I did this twice a day last week and eventually got my daughter 6 nights at pop then selected no ticket option so just paid for room. This was for week after thanksgiving.

Try searching for package prices. I did this twice a day last week and eventually got my daughter 6 nights at pop then selected no ticket option so just paid for room. This was for week after thanksgiving.

I need five nights 11/28 to 12/3 and have been checking every day multiple times. I was able to get AKL for the first two nights but the problem seems to be November 30th. Idk why?

But if you book each day separately doesn't that technically count as a different room? (asking for a friend)

But if you book each day separately doesn't that technically count as a different room? (asking for a friend)
It may. The reason it shows like that may be "room orphans." You may not be booking the same inventory unit.

I need five nights 11/28 to 12/3 and have been checking every day multiple times. I was able to get AKL for the first two nights but the problem seems to be November 30th. Idk why?
Oddly Tuesday is the day that messes things up. Many times I have read that the day has the fewest check outs so less availability. Over the decades I have had a problem with that day myself too.

ok...here's my concern. I have a 4 night stay booked right now at a value resort - I could get a special rate that saves me about $25 total overall, but would have to book each of the 4 nights individually due to their weird system availability. If I book each night individually, I have to prepay 100% cost upfront - as they take 1 night min deposit for each ressie, correct? That's a lot of $ to tie up now for a room only stay months away. Would you do it to save $25?

ok...here's my concern. I have a 4 night stay booked right now at a value resort - I could get a special rate that saves me about $25 total overall, but would have to book each of the 4 nights individually due to their weird system availability. If I book each night individually, I have to prepay 100% cost upfront - as they take 1 night min deposit for each ressie, correct? That's a lot of $ to tie up now for a room only stay months away. Would you do it to save $25?

No way.

Seems like a lot of hassle. And you might have to check out and back in each night if they can't keep you in the same room for some reason.

Nope...

Reactions: shh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!