Service Unavailable Error

Last night I got an “unexpected database error” message when trying to visit the site. The page wouldn’t load. And switching connection and browser did nothing. Not sure if this is related or a new problem.

Last night I got an “unexpected database error” message when trying to visit the site. The page wouldn’t load. And switching connection and browser did nothing. Not sure if this is related or a new problem.
What time and time zone was it? There is another, far more minor issue we are looking into that is causing about 15 minutes of downtime around mid night eastern. Any info on a time would be helpful

What time and time zone was it? There is another, far more minor issue we are looking into that is causing about 15 minutes of downtime around mid night eastern. Any info on a time would be helpful
It was around 9 or 9:30pm pacific time. So that timing lines up with midnight Eastern.

@WebmasterAlex I saw it at 12:06 AM EDT (Friday). It was back up by 12:16 when I tried again.

An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later.

Dave

Hi everyone. Apologies for not reading through the entirety of this thread. Ever since the server change, I have repeatedly received error messages that prevent me from accessing the boards. Private browsers don’t help. Usually , but not always, clearing cookies does. This is very annoying!

Just got the “unexpected database error” again tonight. Noticed it just after 9:00pm pacific time. Tried to access the site again just now and it obviously worked. So whatever that issue is, it’s still around, although it does seem to be consistent and short.

Just got the “unexpected database error” again tonight. Noticed it just after 9:00pm pacific time. Tried to access the site again just now and it obviously worked. So whatever that issue is, it’s still around, although it does seem to be consistent and short.
Yup, 9 pm every night Pacific Time for about 10 minutes. I suspect this is completely a planned outage, although I am not sure why they don't have a backup (buddy) server to switch to. And I think Midnight Pacific, 3 am Eastern might be a better time for that, however I don't know what their usage patterns are like.

Yup, 9 pm every night Pacific Time for about 10 minutes. I suspect this is completely a planned outage, although I am not sure why they don't have a backup (buddy) server to switch to. And I think Midnight Pacific, 3 am Eastern might be a better time for that, however I don't know what their usage patterns are like.
See John’s post above. Doesn’t seem to be planned but is a known issus.

See John’s post above. Doesn’t seem to be planned but is a known issus.
Our host is going to move some processes up by one hour to see if the problem goes along with it. Please continue to let us know if you see the issue

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter