Settled on my dates, reassure me!

MusicalAstronaut

DIS Veteran
I don't know why I'm still not in love with my dates for my "Christmas" trip - maybe I'm worried about using too much PTO or spending too much money by being there an extra day. But I've decided to fly down on Friday Nov 29 and fly home the morning of Thursday December 5th. I'd love to stay for the opening of ROTR but I just can't miss that much work. RT it was $70 to fly which is why I chose those days, and I'm staying with a friend. Oh, I've also had a December 2nd Candlelight Processional package booked since they went on sale, so that is why I'm not trying to find a better weeked. She has to work a couple days while I'm there (Saturday, half of Sunday, & Wednesday) so I'm hoping I can use Hertz points to rent a car so I don't have to get a Lyft to & from the parks on those days (I really don't want to have to pay $60 a day to get there & back). Plus, I'm pet/house sitting for her those days so I'll need a way to get back to see the fur babies a couple times a day. :) I'm trying to focus on how I'll get to be there through Wednesday (when I normally leave all sad on Tuesday) and it's going to be really fun and of course I'll be able to rent a car and I can bring food so I don't spend all of my money in the parks. Will anyone else be there that week? Please tell me to take a deep breath & that I'll have fun! :headache::earseek:

Oh, I have no doubt that you'll have a blast! Thanksgiving weekend will be busy. But, I think it will be less so beginning on Monday. We went one year the week of thanksgiving and had such an amazing trip! Have fun!

I'm going there around that time (Arrive Nov 30, leave Dec 8) and I've also started my vacation the Saturday after Thanksgiving before a couple years back. You clearly chose the right dates.

I'm not sure why you think that you might not have fun. It's a great time of year. We're flying down on the evening of the 28th (OK, that part won't be fun since we won't arrive at our resort until about 2:30 am) and leaving on the 6th of December. That's our favourite time of year at WDW - first week of December. Usually decent-ish weather, not too terribly busy, decorations all up, trees and gingerbread concoctions, lots of speciality/seasonal drinks, and the holiday food booths at Epcot. How can you not have fun!?

I'm not sure why you think that you might not have fun. It's a great time of year. We're flying down on the evening of the 28th (OK, that part won't be fun since we won't arrive at our resort until about 2:30 am) and leaving on the 6th of December. That's our favourite time of year at WDW - first week of December. Usually decent-ish weather, not too terribly busy, decorations all up, trees and gingerbread concoctions, lots of speciality/seasonal drinks, and the holiday food booths at Epcot. How can you not have fun!?
I’m like weirdly worried that my trip is too long or too short. I keep telling myself that it won’t be too busy that weekend & I’ll be able to explore all of the Christmas stuff at my leisure. I think I’m just worried about “wasting” PTO or getting bored by myself. I did make a list yesterday of all the seasonal treats I want though & that made me more excited!

We'll be there the same week, although don't arrive until Sunday and leave Saturday 7th. Weather looks to be nice so far. Last week it was calling for rain and thunderstorms 3 of the days, now it has updated to only expected showers on the 7th. Mid to high 70's all days.

We'll be there the same week, although don't arrive until Sunday and leave Saturday 7th. Weather looks to be nice so far. Last week it was calling for rain and thunderstorms 3 of the days, now it has updated to only expected showers on the 7th. Mid to high 70's all days.
Nice! Originally this was supposed to be an epic week-long trip where I didn't come home until the 8th (I was going to do Universal too) but that got scrapped. I would've flown down Sunday, but Friday was so much cheaper. Looking forward to those high 70s! That sounds perfect.
We will there then too 11/29-12/7
Do you have an annual pass? If you are not staying on property and don’t have an AP, you will have to pay to park at the parks.
I do have an AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts