Several SeaWorld/Aquatica questions

DisneyParkLover

DIS Veteran
Hi! I'm a Disney veteran, but this will be my first time to SeaWorld or Aquatica since I was young, so I'm hoping you guys can educate me. So here are my questions:
1) It is $20 pp to add on a second park. Is it worth that for Aquatica? My son loves water slides, but is only 45", so there's several slides he wouldn't be tall enough for.
2) If we do go to Aquatica, is the quick queue worth it? I had originally thought I would buy it if we went because I've heard the lines can get quite long, but it says it is only good for 4 of the attractions and my son is only tall enough for 2 of them. How quickly do the lines build? Would it be worth it to ride those 2 slides multiple times.
3) Same question but with SeaWorld's quick queue. Is it worth it? How long do the lines get? Do you need reserved seating at shows?
4) Where is the reserved show seating? Shaded? Splash zone?
5) If only going to SeaWorld for one day, what would you consider "must do" shows or in what order would you rank them?

TIA!

3. Depends what time of year you are going. The crowds aren't like Disney crowds. But, it would be handy to have if you are there at a busy time.

5. I enjoyed the dolphin show tremendously. I could really have done without the one at the Sea Otter theatre. It was just as cheesy as I remember from 4 years ago. Shows were not a priority for us so I can't speak to any other. We did like the impromptu stuff like the talks at the turtle area, the outdoor dolphin habitat, the tanks at that awful simulator ride.

If you have just one day, skip the Wild Arctic ride. But definitely go through the exhibit to see the belugas & walruses.

I thought the rapid river at Aquatica was the best water ride between Aquatica & Volcano Bay. Are you spending a separate day at Aquatica? If so, it's worth the $20 each. Plus if you have the day and arrive near opening (and/or stay for closing) you should have plenty of time at the less crowded hours to be fine without quick passes.

I have a 14 and 11 year old who love water and theme parks. Given one day to do any park in any city, and they pick Aquatica. That being said - that includes a cabana, banana beach cookout all day dining, and Quick Queue.

I think it is the combination of drop slides, Roa's Rapids, and relaxation. We are probably in the minority, and I think tradition has started to play a major role as well.

Must do's for us is the dolphin show, Shamu, and the penguins (for as long as we can stand the cold). We think Sea World has the best coasters in Orlando, and Manta is unique enough for us to make the must do list. We live very near Cedar Point, so coasters are not always a must do for us on an Orlando vacation.

Reserved seating is great if you are a picture taker. Usually halfway up (no splash zone), and centered, no poles in your pictures. Plenty of good seats throughout the stadium though. And don't overlook the pet show, very funny.

I don't like the reserved seating. While it is out of the splash zones, I honestly think it's too high up (with the exception of seating at Pets Ahoy). I always sit down towards the front. Make sure to have a poncho if you do

My favorite shows are One Ocean, Dolphin Days, and Sea Lion High

Thank you for all the replies so far! If we did Aquatica it would be a separate day, but not sure if it would be better to spend another day at Disney or do Aquatica.

Aquatica may also make a god arrival or departure day plan as it doesn't have to be all day. Depending on your travel times of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter