~~~ Sew, we’re debt FREEEEEEEE!!! And headed to DLP! ~~~ Spring 2018

I am usually not a floral person, but I love the patterns you have picked for your sets!! I actually purchased a romper last summer that was a really similar pattern with a navy background.

So exciting that your trip is coming up so soon!! It sounds like you've got some really exciting stuff planned (of course, DLP!!!) but I know my brother, the history teacher, would be insanely jealous about a visit to Normandy. That sounds simply incredible.

I can’t believe your trip is soon here. How exciting! I feel like I keep on saying this, but I truly love all the clothing you are making.

I’m glad you were able to get the rolling duffle at 50% off. Persistence pays off.

Your trip to Europe sounds fabulous! How great to combine time with family and also seeing the sights. You should definitely be able to pack light because you'll be able to mix/match your clothes. They look great - love the colors and patterns. We're taking our first trip to Europe in Sept. and I'm getting very excited! Rhine river cruise then at the end some extra days in Switzerland. Hope you have great weather and get to do all the things on your to do list!

Just LOVE the patterns you selected on your outfits! So excited that everyone gets to do a little something on your upcoming trip. You all are going to have a fabulous time.
Soon we are heading to WDW and to my surprise my brother and sister in law will be joining us. I have very excited. My brother and I have not been to WDW since we were kids together.

Safe travels on your trip and have a wonderful time!!!

Hello,
I just found your PTR and after I read the first couple pages just skimmed through it. Your title intrigued me, because we're also trying to follow the Dave Ramsey plan and become debt free. I know we can do better but I'm proud to say we've paid off over $18,000 in the last 6 months and are also hoping to be debt free by 2020. It's a lot hard work but it will be worth it really soon. We're also taking a trip to Europe and DLP and planning a trip to WDW for next year. I tried finding the dates you we're leaving for Paris, but I couldn't find it. When are you going? Our trip is in July! We've been saving and planning for over two years and are proud to say it will all be paid for in cash. We're leaving our kids behind for the first time ever, but my husband is taking me for my 40th birthday and the extra cost of taking two other people is staggering .

Joining in! Can't wait for your trip!

I am so envious of your talent! My mom is just so darn crafty. She makes all my wreaths for my doors. She can sew anything just like you. Me? I've got to find the tape if one of my husband's buttons falls off. Those aprons are so cute!

Only a month behind on quotes... :(

WOW! you are so talented. Hopefully the next pair of shorts / pants will be easier to make.

Thanks Lillian... They are going easier, for sure - but I am still not done with them, and not sure I will finish before we leave?

Did I ever mention how much I hate putting in zippers? It's not that I don't know how. I just don't like them. You do such a great job on everything you make.
The rolling duffel look really great for travel but knowing me I'd put everything I own in it.
Thanks for explaining why Josh wasn't going to DLP it makes sense now.
I don't have any real plans for vacation. I should clean the sewing room, though.
Enjoy your Sunday
Liz

Hahaha... I don't mind inserting them, most of the time - I have it down to a pretty seamless operation on my bags... but inserting them into clothing is a totally different process.

Well, I am definitely filling it up. :lmao:

No problem... Him and his brother are taking a nice weekend trip to Belguim - on a brewery tour... That's right up their alley. ::yes::

Same - My sewing room is embarrassingly messy right now, and I need to clean it before we leave. :scratchin

That will be nice to have them with you at the airport. :)

I think that the show I like was on the Toon Studio side in the Animagique Theater. I really enjoyed the tap number and the parts where the cast came right into the audience. Really well done.
The rolling duffel looks great. The airlines sure do not care for our luggage very well, my hard side cases are horribly scratched and dented and damaged from flights. I am definitely going soft next time, plus duffels have way more pockets and compartments.

I'll see if I can locate it... I know many people have recommended the Mickey and the Magician show to me - so I am trying for that one.

I know - I hate spending money on checked luggage... but I can't believe how much room I have left in this one.

I am usually not a floral person, but I love the patterns you have picked for your sets!! I actually purchased a romper last summer that was a really similar pattern with a navy background.

So exciting that your trip is coming up so soon!! It sounds like you've got some really exciting stuff planned (of course, DLP!!!) but I know my brother, the history teacher, would be insanely jealous about a visit to Normandy. That sounds simply incredible.

Thanks! I am finding that ALL of the clothes I am making - the tops are all florals... I dunno, I just love them a lot this year.

We are very excited about Normandy - and just all of France. I never once in my wildest dreams ever thought I'd see it with my own eyes.

I can’t believe your trip is soon here. How exciting! I feel like I keep on saying this, but I truly love all the clothing you are making.

I’m glad you were able to get the rolling duffle at 50% off. Persistence pays off.

Right - it's even closer now! :woohoo:

Thanks! I am still having so much fun making it! LOL

Yes - and I am so thankful now that I am packing - it is so much smaller than my hard sided suitcase, but I can fit SO MUCH MORE in it!

Not long until your trip. I’m so excited for you

Thanks! Me too! We are getting super close now!

Your trip to Europe sounds fabulous! How great to combine time with family and also seeing the sights. You should definitely be able to pack light because you'll be able to mix/match your clothes. They look great - love the colors and patterns. We're taking our first trip to Europe in Sept. and I'm getting very excited! Rhine river cruise then at the end some extra days in Switzerland. Hope you have great weather and get to do all the things on your to do list!

Thanks! We are getting so excited! :woohoo: We cannot wait! And we are so fortunate that we can combine a trip with family and to see new places. :lovestruc

Thanks! I am trying to pack light - but it's really not necessary - we have so much luggage space coming home - plenty of room for souvenirs.

VERY exciting for you!!! Congratulations!!!! That sounds like an amazing trip!

Thank you - I've been stalking their weather, and I am a little concerned that some of the items I made may be too warm to wear??? It's hard to know, because the Netherlands can be chilly if it's raining. ::yes::

Just LOVE the patterns you selected on your outfits! So excited that everyone gets to do a little something on your upcoming trip. You all are going to have a fabulous time.
Soon we are heading to WDW and to my surprise my brother and sister in law will be joining us. I have very excited. My brother and I have not been to WDW since we were kids together.

Safe travels on your trip and have a wonderful time!!!

Thanks! I really love them all - it's been a very fun learning process to make wearable clothing items for myself.

Yay!!! That is exciting!!! It's been a while since you posted this - I wonder if you are there now? Awww... And to be there with your brother - I hope it's a very magical trip for you all! :lovestruc

Thanks! Same to you!

Following along here too. :flower1:

Thanks! Welcome! :lovestruc

I'm excited that your trip is coming up so quickly!!!

I know - right??? It seems like we have been talking and planning this trip for years - we have actually. It's hard to believe it's approaching so quickly!

Hello,
I just found your PTR and after I read the first couple pages just skimmed through it. Your title intrigued me, because we're also trying to follow the Dave Ramsey plan and become debt free. I know we can do better but I'm proud to say we've paid off over $18,000 in the last 6 months and are also hoping to be debt free by 2020. It's a lot hard work but it will be worth it really soon. We're also taking a trip to Europe and DLP and planning a trip to WDW for next year. I tried finding the dates you we're leaving for Paris, but I couldn't find it. When are you going? Our trip is in July! We've been saving and planning for over two years and are proud to say it will all be paid for in cash. We're leaving our kids behind for the first time ever, but my husband is taking me for my 40th birthday and the extra cost of taking two other people is staggering .

Welcome! And WOW - that is fantastic!!! :woohoo: You are well on your way!

We are leaving very soon, I don't usually post my trip dates here - I am a little apprehensive due to a situation that happened many years ago (now)... It's not the people who do post in my TR that I worry about - it's the ones who don't. I will say, though - that we will be home by July, so we will miss you. That is a bummer, as I would be elated to do a Dismeet in DLP! :lovestruc

We paid for our entire trip in cash too... There is no way we could take our girls at the same time... That is why we kind of planned it the way we did. Allison went over for 12 weeks in 2016... V went over for 10 weeks in 2017... And now Josh and I are going over for 3 weeks - which for me is way more than enough... I get pretty home sick as it is - though I have gotten better over the years. ::yes:: It was so much easier for us - financially - to space the trips out over a few years, and we are very fortunate that we have a beautiful place to stay while we are there - so not too much time in hotels.

I hope you have a great trip!!! Enjoy! And thanks for saying hi! :lovestruc

Joining in! Can't wait for your trip!

I am so envious of your talent! My mom is just so darn crafty. She makes all my wreaths for my doors. She can sew anything just like you. Me? I've got to find the tape if one of my husband's buttons falls off. Those aprons are so cute!

Welcome and thanks! We are super excited!!!

Thank you! That is awesome!!! Hahaha, I used to be that way too, until I taught myself how to sew back in 2010/2011... Best "hobby" I've ever learned - it's kept my sanity many times over! ::yes::

*************************************************************************************************************

Yikes...

Thankfully I just FINALLY finished my January TR this last weekend... I was having a bit of anxiety over running two TRs at the same time - and it was just making me very overwhelmed. I don't know how others do it? I am more of a "focus on one thing at a time" type person - and I must always complete one task before moving on to the next... I know - weird.

So, first things first... I want to share a couple of pictures from when BMTL were in WDW... They were there for 10 days, and on the first day, little Lara tripped as she was getting out of the car - and they found out the next morning (after a trip to Urgent Care - which BTW wasn't any better than my experience back in January - same clinic - different facility) that she had a broken collar bone... So, it was a crazy first few days in Florida while they were there trying to get Lara taken care of and their foreign insurance figured out... but they managed to recover and have a FANTASTIC trip!

849AB0AA-1348-452A-BA03-14D3C2255608.jpg

b754f081-a566-45d7-9cb5-54a9bd00ced7.png

6bd14869-c568-4b2f-941a-fcdd4284329b.png

I've been super busy in my sewing room... I managed to finish Thomas' Pirate shorts and Lara's Pirate skirt + a coordinating Pirate shirt for myself (which I've tried to upload the pic 8 times, and it just won't go - so you'll have to take my word for it...) It's Thomas and Lara's stuff that's the cutest anyways. ::yes::

529DBF2F-F933-41C5-BBFB-C102F254EF9B_1.jpg

Also, trying to finish up a few tops that are geared towards warmer weather for our trip - as I fear that some of the items I'd made for my capsule might be a bit too hot?

48A5E96F-983D-4F02-940E-151B5FE912CF.jpg

B68C4F57-58CC-46A8-9376-23491689C600.jpg

8B4F3BF4-0C16-4EA8-80B1-B55721CCAEAF.jpg

B464CFF2-F652-4962-92E2-266A89BF9B71.jpg

Remember during V's grad trip - we had Silhouettes of the kids done in WDW? Myrthe sent me pictures of them hanging in their new house - the kids have both changed so much since then!

08EE9511-4C62-4394-8AEE-6FB9D1D4369F_1.png

The girls are doing well... Staying busy and working hard!

Allison had her 20th birthday a couple of weeks ago...

And today happens to be V's 19th birthday - no pics of her yet, as she has already run out the door to work. I think we are going out for dinner tonight to celebrate?

**************************************************************************************************************

OK - in other trip news...

Our countdown is very small at the moment - we are in SINGLE DIGITS!!!! :woohoo: It's hard to believe isn't it??? Coming into the final countdown crunch for me, as I start to close up shop at work and wind down...

Packing is in full force!!! I am mostly packed, except for the few items I keep pulling out of my luggage to wear. LOL

I booked a dinner show for Myrthe and I at DLP - we are so excited!!! Me especially, as I have never done a dinner show at Disney before - and I've always wanted to.

E1B52F13-B671-47BF-84B1-913E3E15210A_1.png

Myrthe also booked our hotel... It's not a Disney hotel, but it is one of the "good neighbor" hotels - or the equivalent of that over there.

We are all getting so excited for this trip and cannot wait to see all of our family and spend time with them... It's been 7 years since we have been to The Netherlands, almost excatly to the day.

I hope you all are doing wonderful!!! I miss you all! Hopefully now that I am done with the other TR - I can convince myself not to be so overwhelmed and to check in a little more often.

Prayers and pixie dust to all! :grouphug:

D~

Last edited:
How incredible that the trip is single digits away now!!!! Eeep, I can't even imagine how excited you all are. I seriously cannot wait to live vicariously through your pictures and then hear all about it when you return. Good luck wrapping things up and getting packed to go!

Wow, it has been forever since I checked in here! Fun to see some planning for DLP...you will have to take lots of pictures and share with us! Ihad a coworker who went and said it was familiar but then so different at the same time. :)

The sleeveless top in your picture above looks very flattering on you. I hope you get a chance to wear that one on your trip. :)

I booked a dinner show for Myrthe and I at DLP - we are so excited!!! Me especially, as I have never done a dinner show at Disney before - and I've always wanted to.

The dinner show sounds like fun. The only dinner show that we have seen at Disney is Hoop Dee Doo review. But the wild west one looks a whole lot more impressive. :)

Well I hope you take lots of pictures to share. Too bad we're not there at the same time, but I look forward to hearing about your experience. We won't be staying on property either. We'll be staying over by Val d' Europe. Should be nice being near restaurants and shopping. Have fun!

That wild west show looks like so much fun! I think you should take some of the stuff that might keep you warmer. Not sure what the weather is like, but it might change on you and get chilly. I still remember a 4th of July when we were in Germany when we were all wearing sweaters and coats! Weather was crazy!

Single Digits!! Somehow I thought you were going next month. Can't believe it's here. Looking forward to the photos and review of DLP as well as the rest of your trip. We need to find time to go back to Europe. We left when DS left was 1 and it would be fun to show him around where he spent the first year of his life!

Single digit dance -- that's so awesome! You're going to have such a wonderful trip. That dinner show looks like it will be really fun. Love all of the cute clothes you've been making -- those clothes for Lara and Thomas are adorable. But poor Lara -- breaking her collarbone at the beginning of the trip! I hope it didn't slow them down too much and that they were able to have fun.

I admire everyone who can actually complete a TR -- I have an incomplete one from a long time ago, and an incomplete PTR from a long time ago...I just can't seem to stick with it. I absolutely love your PTRs and TRs!

Single digits - wow! I can only imagine how excited you are! Sad about your niece's accident at WDW - glad it didn't ruin their trip. Your clothes look so flattering on you. Wonderful you can sew for yourself and get the fit just right. I'll be anxious to hear about your trip and see pictures!

They were there for 10 days, and on the first day, little Lara tripped as she was getting out of the car - and they found out the next morning (after a trip to Urgent Care - which BTW wasn't any better than my experience back in January - same clinic - different facility) that she had a broken collar bone...

Oh my. Poor kid.

Cute!

I really like this one.

And today happens to be V's 19th birthday -

Happy Birthday to V!

The dinner show sounds fun. We haven't done one yet. I'm thinking about doing it on our quick stay pre-cruise in Nov but there's also 100 other things that I'm considering. :yo-yo:

I can't believe how close your trip is!!! Eeek!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts