shades of green activation

HeyMickeyUSoFine

Mouseketeer
I read that the tickets of Shade of Green come activated. It didn't really one way or the other but we've since had some changes come up. My stepfather is actually the one purchasing the tickets. Something came up in his family and now he's going to be delayed until 2 days after we arrive. There's nothing he can do to change his dates, and we can't either due to work. We're only going to be there 5 days. So its not like we can wait and do other stuff until he gets there like we would be able to on an extended stay. Is it 100% certain that we won't need him to get into the parks?

I read that the tickets of Shade of Green come activated. It didn't really one way or the other but we've since had some changes come up. My stepfather is actually the one purchasing the tickets. Something came up in his family and now he's going to be delayed until 2 days after we arrive. There's nothing he can do to change his dates, and we can't either due to work. We're only going to be there 5 days. So its not like we can wait and do other stuff until he gets there like we would be able to on an extended stay. Is it 100% certain that we won't need him to get into the parks?

Depends on which tickets he purchased. If they are regular MYW tickets then you should be fine. If it's the military promo tickets then you'll need him to activate them at the parks.

They are the military promo tickets. We usually always buy them when we get there. This is the first time he pre-purchased through Shades of Green. We were actually trying to same some time...that really worked out.

Depends on which tickets he purchased. If they are regular MYW tickets then you should be fine. If it's the military promo tickets then you'll need him to activate them at the parks.

Salute tickets bought from Shades do come already activated. They are the regular plastic tickets that anyone can buy, but at the Salute price.

They are the military promo tickets. We usually always buy them when we get there. This is the first time he pre-purchased through Shades of Green. We were actually trying to same some time...that really worked out.

While I can't be 100% sure since we have not taken our trip, I am at least 90% sure that you'll be okay since I have bought ours, and they are in my possession. There have also been many, many reports from other military members who have pre-purchased from Shades that have reported that they are indeed activated, and no action is needed when you get to Disney.

Salute tickets bought from Shades do come already activated. They are the regular plastic tickets that anyone can buy, but at the Salute price.

While I can't be 100% sure since we have not taken our trip, I am at least 90% sure that you'll be okay since I have bought ours, and they are in my possession. There have also been many, many reports from other military members who have pre-purchased from Shades that have reported that they are indeed activated, and no action is needed when you get to Disney.

Wow - that sets a precedent! I thought the military member had to be present, since the discount was based on that service? Who's to stop someone from buying the discounted tickets, then reselling them at a profit?

Wow - that sets a precedent! I thought the military member had to be present, since the discount was based on that service? Who's to stop someone from buying the discounted tickets, then reselling them at a profit?

Absolutely nothing, and that's why many of us really don't like it, but for OP's situation it's definitely convenient. Hopefully those in the military retain their honor and refrain from doing so. It's been this way for about a year now. I think we would have heard some murmurings if it was happening.

Absolutely nothing, and that's why many of us really don't like it, but for OP's situation it's definitely convenient. Hopefully those in the military retain their honor and refrain from doing so. It's been this way for about a year now. I think we would have heard some murmurings if it was happening.

How would anyone know if it was a resold ticket or not? That's why they can do it - if you don't have to show ID in person, anyone can use the ticket.

I have Salute tickets from SOG. They are all listed on my MDE and say active. I'll bring them and ID to park my first day as a precaution but they are supposed to be already activated.

The military member is supposed to use one of the tickets at the same time as the others benefitting from the military discount. Years ago all the tickets had to be activated before use and the military member and everyone else using the tickets had to be present for activation. For two or three years now the tickets at Shades of Green do not need to be activated.
So, in answer to OP's question, you can probably get away with it.
I don't know the answer to DisneyOma's question, but I suspect if enough people circumvent the rules Disney or SOG will tighten up on the use of military discounts or not offer them at all. I know with hurricane Matthew our flight was delayed a day while our son's (who we were sponsoring) was not. Even with a hurricaine SOG would not bend the rules and let him check in a day before us, so I doubt they would have sympathy for your current situation.

Thanks for all your responses. We'll see. I guess we'll have to prepare ourselves for the possibility of losing 2 park days.

As for reselling the tickets, there will always be a way around things and always someone looking for a way. There was still plenty of room for fraud when the tickets had to be activated at Disney. We always spend the first night in Downtown Disney so that's where we would get our tickets. We would be walking around or somewhere eating when he went to buy the tickets. He didn't have to provide our names or have us present with our ID. The tickets got locked to us when we used them the first time at the parks, and he usually wasn't with us then because he likes to sleep in the next morning after arrival. So while the fraud may be a little more confined to a service member actually living in Florida or one on vacation and buying extra tickets to sell......it was still there.

Furthermore, I'd like to believe that most of our military folks are morally above going through the hassle of trying to scam Disney, and I respect Disney for giving the benefit of the doubt to those that we've entrusted to protect our country and way of living.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter