SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Edit to add: We always have wi-fi trouble at SOG, one trip I wasn't able to connect at all.

Same here, as in every one of my SOG stays the connectivity has been rough, and I've often just taken my laptop and walked to the main lobby and used it there where connectivity is usually better.

I apologize in advance because this has probably been asked here in the past but it would take forever to go through all posts. I got about 15 pages in. I'm trying to set up My Disney Experience but it won't take the SOG confirmation number. I get this message:
"Your reservation cannot be located as entered. Please try again or call (407) 939-1947 or 0800 1690 749 (UK) for assistance. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

It may take up to 72 hours before you're able to link a reservation to your account if staying at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel, Walt Disney World Swan Hotel, Shades of Green Resort or a hotel listed under "More Great Hotels" on our site."

So, I have to call? I was hoping to get it done today but I can't stay on hold for a long time while at work. Thanks in advance!

I apologize in advance because this has probably been asked here in the past but it would take forever to go through all posts. I got about 15 pages in. I'm trying to set up My Disney Experience but it won't take the SOG confirmation number. I get this message:
"Your reservation cannot be located as entered. Please try again or call (407) 939-1947 or 0800 1690 749 (UK) for assistance. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

It may take up to 72 hours before you're able to link a reservation to your account if staying at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel, Walt Disney World Swan Hotel, Shades of Green Resort or a hotel listed under "More Great Hotels" on our site."

So, I have to call? I was hoping to get it done today but I can't stay on hold for a long time while at work. Thanks in advance!

When did you book your reservation? If you just made it, wait a day or two, that should do the trick :). If you made your reservation prior to today or yesterday, recheck your confirmation email, there should be two different confirmation numbers (if memory serves, one is called an "itinerary number"?). If you don't see a different #, I'd call SOG and ask for the MDE confirmation #.

I see a "walking to Poly" theme here. I just wanted to add that when I stayed there as AD on per diem for a conference in Orlando, when I was free and able to explore, there had been a robust, multi-pax sized golf cart that regularly took individuals from SoG to Poly. The conference was a good 4 years ago now, but it was running then. This might still be a thing today?
To be fair, the golfcart, which has been around for several years will take you to the property line at the road and not all the way to the Poly. We've only ridden once when coming back because they were there and offered. It literally saves you about 3 minutes. But, yes, it's still there. Just remember to tip.

When did you book your reservation? If you just made it, wait a day or two, that should do the trick :). If you made your reservation prior to today or yesterday, recheck your confirmation email, there should be two different confirmation numbers (if memory serves, one is called an "itinerary number"?). If you don't see a different #, I'd call SOG and ask for the MDE confirmation #.
Thank you!

Thank you!
Good luck!
Just to add, I pulled up my own upcoming reservation, the one that goes in MDE (probably) starts with a #5. I'm not sure if that # changes, but it's been a "5" the last two trips and seems familiar in general (I looked up some old emails from previous trips and many only had one number on the original email and it's not the one you put in My Disney Experience.)

Do you have an account on the Shades of Green website? If so, it lists both numbers when you log in and pull up "Find reservations"

You can walk to the Polynesian and monorail or boat from there (depending on their hours), but I'd just take an uber to the Contemporary and walk from there (you can't uber to MK; if you try to do that, you'll end up back at the ticket and transportation center). You could even walk to the TTC from SoG, depending on the age and fitness of your group (my brother and I have done it, my dad, not so much!).
You can take a Minnie Van to MK though. They are able to go some places regular Lyft and Uber can't.

Nevemind, looks like at least $20. I figured it out on the Lyft app. But, cannot figure out the correct drop off location. Will keep messing with it.

The Minnie Vans have an assigned spot in the bus stalls at MK, but it's on the first or second row, I think. I'm positive our SOG to MK ride was more than $20 (week after Thanksgiving) despite us having a discount code (but I can't check as it was my dad's app), and it took several tries to get a ride (it'll time out after a while and you have to resubmit the request. A CM driver told us it's because Disney/Lyft only allow them to stack two rides, I think). But oh how my dad loved the door to door service!

Same here, as in every one of my SOG stays the connectivity has been rough, and I've often just taken my laptop and walked to the main lobby and used it there where connectivity is usually better.
Seems to be a common thing. Last time we stayed there, the wifi in our room only worked in a few (apparently random) spots in the room and our cell phones just straight up didn't work at SOG. Worked just fine in all the parks, other resorts, etc though

This last time when I booked I encountered the same error. Eventually (a week or so) I used the chat feature on MDE, and they were able to resolve the issue. The reservation was under my Spouses name and MDE under my name, so it wasn't recognizing it. Easy fix.

If this isn't your circumstance, is wait a day or two and resubmit.

I see a "walking to Poly" theme here. I just wanted to add that when I stayed there as AD on per diem for a conference in Orlando, when I was free and able to explore, there had been a robust, multi-pax sized golf cart that regularly took individuals from SoG to Poly. The conference was a good 4 years ago now, but it was running then. This might still be a thing today?

It is, just ask at Bell services for the Shady Shuttle, and they will run you down to the end of the drive. Last week when we were there, the golf cart was out of commission so they were using a mini van. :)

Hi all!! Im having such a hard time deciding between staying at Caribbean Beach or Shades of Green!! Right now, we have reservations for both, and i need to cancel one. My husband is a DOD civilian, and this would be our first time staying at SOG- and we've never stayed at CBR either! We are going without our boys this trip, so the larger rooms at SOG aren't as huge of an issue for us... BUT we would save about $500 staying there.... so enough for a couple nicer dinners over the trip... SOG definitely seems nice, but theres something about getting on the Magical Express at the airport haha , and the theming that Disney hotels have. we're only going for 4 nights, otherwise i would probably do a split stay with a couple nights at both! LOL

Hi all!! Im having such a hard time deciding between staying at Caribbean Beach or Shades of Green!! Right now, we have reservations for both, and i need to cancel one. My husband is a DOD civilian, and this would be our first time staying at SOG- and we've never stayed at CBR either! We are going without our boys this trip, so the larger rooms at SOG aren't as huge of an issue for us... BUT we would save about $500 staying there.... so enough for a couple nicer dinners over the trip... SOG definitely seems nice, but theres something about getting on the Magical Express at the airport haha , and the theming that Disney hotels have. we're only going for 4 nights, otherwise i would probably do a split stay with a couple nights at both! LOL
I can't speak for CB, but we love SOG! We're doing a split stay this week with CSR (got a terrific military discount there) but we always miss staying at SOG so opted to book one night (and then added another when the opportunity presented itself). We've stayed only at a handful of Disney resorts (CSR, ASMo, and AoA) since we usually stay at SOG. Aside from the resort itself, we also love SOG's proximity to Poly/MK/Monorails. While we love Disney resort theming (and the more the better, lol), we don't miss it while at SOG. (We watched MK's NYE fireworks from the top floor of the garage one year :) ).

Hi, I answered on the other thread. But, it's probably a tough decision! The $500 is a good savings, but then would you use it anyway towards more table service dining, or other Disney specific expenses? We love SOG, particularly on the proximity with monorails/Poly/TTC, and the grounds. But, we've also done a split stay at WL and BC. Loved the convenience of the magic band, have to say, in the other resorts. Loved the proximity to Epcot at BC and the boardwalk by it, but hated the room. Zero experience on how CBR resort is. Tough call!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!