Share your Black Friday finds!

Only thing for sure is the buy 1 get 1 30% off iTunes gift cards.

Just wanted to mention, I buy the iTunes cards at Walgreens every year. They have buy $30 in iTunes cards and get a $10 Walgreens gift card. I buy enough to pay for DS's apple music for a year and then use the Walgreens gift cards to buy Steam or PlayStation gift cards.

I think they are also offering the $10 Walgreens gift card with $50 iTunes purchase this year, but that's not as good of deal.

I have my eye on the GoPro deal at Target. It's $349 and you get a $50 Target giftcard. Hubby races cars and borrowed one all last season, so this seems like a good gift! Also want to stock up on DVDs for my Disney collection and I like to get one of those big comfy blankets on sale. Our dog always seems to "claim" them so I have to restock every year!

Also keeping an eye on cruise line websites for a good deal, but that tends to happen more on Cyber Monday.

Other than that, I pretty much go shopping with the intent of if I find something then great, if not then it's no big deal!

Every year I shop Kohls online for their One Big Throw for $8.99. I get them as teacher gifts. I'm hoping for an additional 15% off. I can't see on the ad what the free shipping limit will be, so it may make sense to order online and pick up in store by Wednesday to avoid the madness.

Google Home Mini - lots of places have them for $29, will probably get it from Target with the $10 giftcard deal they have. Or I may decide the top buttons being disabled is just a deal breaker for me and pass altogether.

I'm hoping for a decent DSLR deal for DD17. What I've seen advertised so far isn't hitting the mark. I'm hoping Canon or Nikon do a better deal on refurbs on Black Friday than they've had lately. Or that Adorama or B&H come through with a good kit deal at the last minute. This is a (very expensive) bonus gift for DD that I didn't originally have budgeted, so it has to be a good deal.

And of course, Home Depot's $1 Poinsettias!! I always pick up a half dozen of those. I get up before dawn on Friday morning and drag my you-know-what down to the local store JUST to get those. Then I come home and go back to sleep - anything else I either get online, or I don't get!

Google Home Mini - lots of places have them for $29, will probably get it from Target with the $10 giftcard deal they have. Or I may decide the top buttons being disabled is just a deal breaker for me and pass altogether.

What does this mean? I was looking into the Google Home or Echo Dot, but this is all new to me!

What does this mean? I was looking into the Google Home or Echo Dot, but this is all new to me!

Google released the Mini a few weeks ago - basically it's their competitor against the Echo Dot. Smaller than the full-size Home. But there was an issue with the device recording things when it wasn't activated, and it turned out it was a problems with some "sticky" buttons on top. So they disabled those buttons. Voice commands still work, and so do the volume buttons on the side, but the top buttons that you could also use to control some features now don't work. There are many articles out there on it. Here's one: http://www.businessinsider.com/google-home-mini-disables-top-button-after-privacy-mistake-2017-10

Since most people use the voice commands, it's probably not a big deal for most people to have the buttons disabled. But it can cause issues in certain situations (Example - phone call. You can't use the buttons to turn off the device, you have to use voice commands. Might not be convenient during a phone call...)

Last edited:
We are considering a smart TV but haven't decided for sure.

Target has several $10 small appliances and DD is getting married in April so I am buying one of each of those for her brither's to give her and the fiancé as pre-wedding/family shower type presents.

Kohl's always has good clothing sales so I am sure I will be stocking up on long sleeved shirts for my boys.

Waiting for Ulta as we got the only other girl cousin in the name draw.

Google released the Mini a few weeks ago - basically it's their competitor against the Echo Dot. Smaller than the full-size Home. But there was an issue with the device recording things when it wasn't activated, and it turned out it was a problems with some "sticky" buttons on top. So they disabled those buttons. Voice commands still work, but the top buttons that you could also use to control some features now don't work. There are many articles out there on it. Here's one: http://www.businessinsider.com/google-home-mini-disables-top-button-after-privacy-mistake-2017-10

Thank you! Just yesterday I was comparing the two, and they seem pretty equal... but sticky buttons is kind of an issue!

Can anyone help with American Girl Doll Wellie Wishers doll? Do these things ever go on discount anywhere? My kid wants the Emerson doll. Target’s sale excludes American Girl.

Yes, thanks. Last year it was 8%. I am paying with a few gift cards so I may or may not get ebates. I also want to order on the 20th because I really want my Apple Watch (late birthday present to myself) but I'm thinking ebates may go higher next Thursday or Friday???
I noticed the Ebates commercial and it has Kohks at 12%. I belong to Sunshine Rewards and I only get 2%. I thought wow, that has to be a mistake.

We just bought a place and had to replace all of the appliances - every single one! So Home Depot got all our holiday money (for the next few years ;) ).

I have been getting a few small things for DD from Amazon since they are running their pre BF sales. And will shop Old Navy tomorrow when they start their BF sales for card members. They will have their cozy socks for $1 and we live in those most of the year.

Can anyone help with American Girl Doll Wellie Wishers doll? Do these things ever go on discount anywhere? My kid wants the Emerson doll. Target’s sale excludes American Girl.
I got an American Girl catalog in the mail yesterday. It had a 20% off coupon, but I'm not sure if that doll was included. I can check when I get home tonight and see.

After looking around some, I think I'm going to try to pick up the Samsung 3 Chromebook on sale for $119 at Walmart. I'm going to plan on being on the website before 6 to start trying to buy it. I'll also get 5% back with my Chase Freedom card!

Other than that, I plan on a few smaller items here and there. Need some blankets and some jeans from Old Navy.

Find someone with a Costco membership. They've had Wellie Wisher sets in store for a few weeks now. It's a doll plus a trunk and some accessories. I don't remember all the details because we're into the full-size AG at my house. But a Kit Kitteridge set was $130 with the doll, book, reporter set, reporter outfit, and some of the meet accessories. That might give you some parallel idea of the cost/inclusions.

As for which one they still have, well, that will depend on what already sold out. But I think all of them were originally part of the promotion. And my store definitely still had a display of them (again, no idea which ones were still there, but it was a pretty full looking display).

I'm hoping for a decent DSLR deal for DD17. What I've seen advertised so far isn't hitting the mark. I'm hoping Canon or Nikon do a better deal on refurbs on Black Friday than they've had lately. Or that Adorama or B&H come through with a good kit deal at the last minute. This is a (very expensive) bonus gift for DD that I didn't originally have budgeted, so it has to be a good deal.

And of course, Home Depot's $1 Poinsettias!! I always pick up a half dozen of those. I get up before dawn on Friday morning and drag my you-know-what down to the local store JUST to get those. Then I come home and go back to sleep - anything else I either get online, or I don't get!

Kohl's has a cannon on sale black friday for the same price as everyone else. After Kohl's cash and discounts it would be cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts