Share your Black Friday finds!

I got an American Girl catalog in the mail yesterday. It had a 20% off coupon, but I'm not sure if that doll was included. I can check when I get home tonight and see.
I'd love to have it if you're not using it. Thanks.

I'm waiting for Gamestop. My son wants a Nintendo Switch and I'm hoping they have some kind of bundle deal since no other store seems to have any kind of deal on them. My daughter wants those LOL surprise dolls/animals, I'll be lucky to even find them, let alone on sale!

Both Target and Walmart had some of the LOL surprise dolls in stock today online. I ordered two for my daughter. I haven't been able to find the large one, but the smaller ones seem to go in stock periodically.

Mostly I hoping to get inexpensive towels, sheets and pillowcases. I feel so boring :rotfl2:

We were going to try and get a Nintendo Switch but there don't seem to be any deals.

Kohl's has a cannon on sale black friday for the same price as everyone else. After Kohl's cash and discounts it would be cheaper.

It's not a model I'm looking for. But thanks for the thought!

AAFES has the one I want on sale for a good (but not great) price. I may have my brother pick it up for me since he's a Veteran and they are now allowed to purchase from the online site.

The good news is I got an unexpected bonus at work yesterday, so now I can actually get the camera without feeling like I am doing something awful!

Last edited:
Every year I shop Kohls online for their One Big Throw for $8.99. I get them as teacher gifts. I'm hoping for an additional 15% off. I can't see on the ad what the free shipping limit will be, so it may make sense to order online and pick up in store by Wednesday to avoid the madness.
I saw them in the store today, Kohls is putting out all their Black Friday items in the isle's.
I got an email this morning with a surprise percentag off. I got 40%. I also had $10 in my Rewards from Kohls, a $5 coupon and a $10 post card coupon. I purchased a Pressure Cooker. I also bought a book for my grandson, which was not on sale. It was my kids favorite book when they were little, it is a Sesame Street book with Grover and it is called; "Their Is A Monster At The End of This Book." So I paid $43 for the pot and way to much for the book. When did books get so expensive.

Both Target and Walmart had some of the LOL surprise dolls in stock today online. I ordered two for my daughter. I haven't been able to find the large one, but the smaller ones seem to go in stock periodically.

Thanks! I managed to get some of the big sister (?) ones. She really wants the pet ones but all I've seen are empty boxes of those.

I feel like this BF is a let down compared to others. Maybe because I'm only looking for a few things that don't seem to be on sale.
I got a coupon for Dicks for $25 off $100 to use BF through the weekend so I was happy about that.
My dd has to work Thanksgiving night so I'll probably just go out shopping then so I can bring her some food.

Mom is interested in an Instapot (sis has one and loves it). BJ's sale starts today $49.99 8 qt.

I usually just buy Rick Riordan books for my christmas Toys for Tots and Angel Hearts (local group - they give out things to foster kids during the year as kids come into the system) donations but was kind of thinking of branching out (and not just into Harry Potter books. . .). I try to stay at $50 or below per gift and prefer to give to teens (I was a HS English teacher many, many, many moons ago.)

Any recommendations?

ETA: This thread suddenly made me remember (thank you scard192) that my mom asked for an Instant Pot. . .whew. That would have been dire if I'd forgotten!

Last edited:
I usually just buy Rick Riordan books for my christmas Toys for Tots and Angel Hearts (local group - they give out things to foster kids during the year as kids come into the system) donations but was kind of thinking of branching out (and not just into Harry Potter books. . .). I try to stay at $50 or below per gift and prefer to give to teens (I was a HS English teacher many, many, many moons ago.)

Any recommendations?

I saw a suggestion to give bean bag chairs, saucer chairs or bungee chairs to toy drives to cover teens - I know DD has always had one or the other in her room.

I saw a suggestion to give bean bag chairs, saucer chairs or bungee chairs to toy drives to cover teens - I know DD has always had one or the other in her room.

I would have never thought of that and can see where that would be a great gift. Thanks!

nest cams on sale for $150 + 45 in kohls cash (need 2). Plus ring doorbell from best buy for 100$! oh and like 4 fire sticks, since we cut the cord and we use those are cable boxes now.

Thanks! I managed to get some of the big sister (?) ones. She really wants the pet ones but all I've seen are empty boxes of those.

My daughter also wants the pet ones, but online they all seem to be marked up to at least $25 and that doesn't seem worth it :crazy2: Hoping to find at least one at a reasonable price eventually.

I have been so busy I haven't had a ton of time to look, but I am hoping I can find a good deal on a new Keurig. At Target I need to get the XBox live card and a couple of XBox games. I know Kohls will have some things I just "need".

It's not a model I'm looking for. But thanks for the thought!

AAFES has the one I want on sale for a good (but not great) price. I may have my brother pick it up for me since he's a Veteran and they are now allowed to purchase from the online site.

The good news is I got an unexpected bonus at work yesterday, so now I can actually get the camera without feeling like I am doing something awful!

I was going to get one. Is there any reason not to? I want it to upgrade from a good point and shoot. I am not a pro. My house is decorated with my photos and figured this was a good DSLR.

I was going to get one. Is there any reason not to? I want it to upgrade from a good point and shoot. I am not a pro. My house is decorated with my photos and figured this was a good DSLR.
You don’t have to be a pro to use a DSLR. However, keep in mind that it won’t serve you any better than a nice point and shoot if you don’t learn to use it to it’s full potential. Otherwise it just becomes a bigger, heavier, more expensive point and shoot.

eta: I recommend this book to any new DSLR owner. It will help any kind of camera owner to get better photos.
https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-3rd-Photographs-Camera/dp/0817439390

You don’t have to be a pro to use a DSLR. However, keep in mind that it won’t serve you any better than a nice point and shoot if you don’t learn to use it to it’s full potential. Otherwise it just becomes a bigger, heavier, more expensive point and shoot.

eta: I recommend this book to any new DSLR owner. It will help any kind of camera owner to get better photos.
https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-3rd-Photographs-Camera/dp/0817439390
This is me. I didn't master my point and shoot. We are headed to Alaska next summer and I want good photos. I'm trying to convince my DD 14 to learn to use her dad and step mom's DSLR for her IB personal project! She's warm to the idea:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!