Share your story from visiting DHS’ SWGE!

enjoyed galaxies edge....theming was awesome...there are interactions with props thru the mde I think....we didn't do any interactions but they sound cool...lots of merch of course..we did the droid and liked it..cast members are fun...smugglers run was good....ogas cantina was a cool place but didn't enjoy being so packed in standing at a table while I look over at others sitting at a large comfy table..rant over....overall great job by Disney

We just got back from WDW today. I visited SW:GE on Monday 10/7. We left Beach Club on the slow boat at 5:30 and after the crazy mob of people in bag check, we were in the park at 6:20. We headed to TSL for SDD but it went down while we were in line and they cleared the line so we headed to SW:GE around 7:15. The land is awesome! I loved everything about it. The Falcon was amazing to look at. I was really impressed. We got in line with a posted wait time of 45 minutes. We were on and off in 21 minutes. The line moves really fast with no FP+ option. Me and my 8 yo daughter were Pilots while my wife and 5 yo daughter were gunners or whatever is right behind us. I was on the right so I got to jump us to light speed. My impressions of the land itself were awesome. My impressions of the ride …..... it was okay. I mean it was fun but I wouldn't wait more than 30 minutes to ride it again. And yes I am a huge Star Wars fan and I watched A New Hope in the theater when it came out when I was 10. I am looking forward to ROTR as it looks to be the headliner for the land.

Loved the land. We visited 4 times this week either around 8am or the evening. Enjoyed seeing it during day and night.

We rode Smugglers Run 4 times and got both pilots and 1 gunner every time. With a party of 3 this is highly likely. Really enjoyed the ride and my 10 yr old did great at the Rt pilot. She was very interested to score higher each flight. We had read a lot here and watched the freeform special.

We built droids and the backpacks were plentiful this week. The only piece out of stock was the clear and black R-unit head.

The CMs were fantastic! Even the photographers took extra time to set up special poses. More so when we had the droid along. That was true at the front of the park too.

My daughter wore her Rey costume one morning and was recruited by Vi, summoned by Kylo and scouted by Rey. It was a highlight. She was also selected as the Rebel spy on Star Tours. It was a enjoyable morning to say the least.

Glad we took the time to experience GE and all that it offers! Thanks for all the insight here. We were not disappointed.

We were there last week and felt GE had some good and some okay/meh.

GOOD - The land itself is great. I'm glad we had a chance to see it at dawn and dusk (on different days).

GOOD - Oga's. I say this with the belief that I will probably never go back. It was a one and done experience but it was a good one and done experience.

OKAY/MEH - MFSR itself. I have a lot to say about this ride:

1) We were lucky enough to do all 3 jobs. The first time we were engineers, then pilot, then finally we managed to get gunner.

2) I can see how this ride will absolutely suck perpetually for CMs handing out the cards. Our 2nd ride they assigned us engineers and we asked for something else. I could instantly tell that they get asked that 1000000 times per day.

3) The ride felt like a souped up Star Tours with button pushing to me. Engineer role was terrible and the vantage point wasn't great either. Pilot and gunner were ok but it was kind of annoying when the pilot was unable to properly steer.

With all of that said I enjoyed the land but as of now find Toy Story to be superior (and this is coming from a Star Wars fan born in '77). Hopefully the "real" ride will eventually open and make it obvious that MFSR was only ever supposed to be the Na'Vi River Journey ride of the duo.

2) I can see how this ride will absolutely suck perpetually for CMs handing out the cards. Our 2nd ride they assigned us engineers and we asked for something else. I could instantly tell that they get asked that 1000000 times per day.

Something I mentioned on another thread is for the WDW version, it would be cool if they could scan our magic bands and look at what positions we've done before then give us a position we haven't done/done the least.

I think the only thing that would make a difference is provide videos of the positions and how to do each job through out the queue. The language barrier is a real problem that Disney did not think of addressing. The cards given at job assignment are in english and most people won't even bother to read them anyways. So a visual explanation would be helpful. My DD is one of very few CM that speaks Spanish and she is called constantly to try and explain positions
As far as kids not reaching the buttons this was just a design flaw for sure, either up the height requirement or they should've made the pilot seat adjustable to come closer to the panel.

I am a bit slow here but I think video (be it live action or like animations of the controls to simplify things) would be really good to show everyone how things function. You could have the audio in English and the closed captioning in Spanish (and/or other languages)

Also, i think they could try to convey the "demands" of each position so maybe people could decide if they are up to piloting (or if their kids are up for piloting, etc.) as like a soft way from discouraging people who maybe aren't aware of what they are getting into from piloting, at least their first ride

Obviously some people will still want to but might help a bit

We visited during EEMH on Monday ( 10/21). Went to Toy Story Land first then rode Smugglers run with a posted wait of 40 minutes at about 7:35. At 10 AM after a FP+ for ToT at 9:15. We went to our room and napped and returned for a 3:05 Savi appointment. DH loved the experience. He was “sure” it would be dumb and juvenile and he would be the only adult building a light saber. L O L. I was shocked to see two parents buying 3 light sabers for three children as they watched and helped. Everyone else was late twenties to early sixties.

I then went on to build R2-V1....The first Minnesota Vikings themed R unit to return to our hometown.

So much themed fun. Even the torrential downpour while we enjoyed an ale in Docking Bay 7 was fun. Who knew it rained so hard on Batuu.

I just returned on 10/25 from my trip. Went to DHS on Tuesday and was able to get in the single rider line (Hah! Lots of people were in that line whom were NOT single riders. Jerks can't read I guess.) on Smuggler's Run. It was okay but not great. It was difficult to fully enjoy the action on the screen while at the same time keeping an eye on the panel I was
'in charge' of during the duration of the ride. But the action and motion were pretty well done. I jus felt I missed too much of it. The rest of Galaxy's Edge was okay but considering all the hype it got it was a letdown.

Single rider isn’t just for solo travelers. It’s for anyone that doesn’t mind riding alone. That being said,
I don’t think very large groups should use it. Happens at Universal all the time, the sr queue will suddenly jump to 30+ mn because a touring group went in...

Single rider isn’t just for solo travelers. It’s for anyone that doesn’t mind riding alone. That being said,
I don’t think very large groups should use it. Happens at Universal all the time, the sr queue will suddenly jump to 30+ mn because a touring group went in...
Gotcha. I thought it was strictly for solo (pun intended) riders. Thanks for the clarification.

Just back from my first trip to Batuu... mixed feelings. lol I really enjoyed it (but Pandora is still definitely #1 in my book for many reasons), but I can tell that if you aren't a big Star Wars fan, you may not dig the vibe (I'm a fan, but some in my family are not). I just went one morning, got there right around 6:05 or so, so I saw it in the dark and the light, and got to see sunrise there (it was cool to be there then). I ate at Docking Bay 7 and enjoyed the younglings breakfast platter after riding Smugger first.

As the previous poster mentioned; I agree, too much going on to really enjoy the ride. It feels like a short video game that relies on everyone else's skill... not exactly enjoyable if you don't stack the deck with your own people who can do well. It was fine, not great, not bad. The biggest surprise of the day for me; I loved the blue milk. Yes, indeed, I'd order that anywhere, not just on Batuu. I enjoyed the Stormtroopers' interactions with everyone, and I do think if you wanted to immerse yourself and roleplay around with CM's, you could (if not, the extent of immersion as far as interaction was lotsa "Bright Suns," and "Til the Spires").

An example of an immersion/interaction; my shirt was a Disney Dog shirt that says "Life is Ruff" which a CM read off, I answered, "Well... except in Disney," then quickly corrected myself, "I mean, except on Batuu." The CM look at me and slyly said, "Well, that all depends on who you hang out with here..." I grinned and headed on into ride Smugger, but I had the feeling I could've asked for a referral. Kinda fun too to ask, "where's the closest refresher?"

My only souvenir; a Spira gift card coin that got lots of comments outside of Galaxy's edge.

At first the area is confusing to navigate, but after you make the rounds a couple of times, it gets easier.

Had a great time last night at GE. Was live streaming and got great reactions and conversations with Vi and some Batuuans in the Marketplace. Vi and I talked about recruiting for the Resistance and then when we were about to leave she and I at the same time said "ignite the spark" she laughed and told me "you beat me to it, light the fire"
Waiting to order food at DB7 the Batuuan told me all about his dealings with Oga and Dok and how he owed them a lot of credits.

Visited at 8:45pm so the land was empty, MFSR wait was posted at 15 mins. Love seeing everyone taking pictures with their lightsabers all lit up, very nice
Trie the Surly Sarlacc (still a bit too sweet for me but better than the sour sarlacc) and the Galma snack mix (really enjoyed it)

Had a great time last night at GE. Was live streaming and got great reactions and conversations with Vi and some Batuuans in the Marketplace. Vi and I talked about recruiting for the Resistance and then when we were about to leave she and I at the same time said "ignite the spark" she laughed and told me "you beat me to it, light the fire"
Waiting to order food at DB7 the Batuuan told me all about his dealings with Oga and Dok and how he owed them a lot of credits.

Visited at 8:45pm so the land was empty, MFSR wait was posted at 15 mins. Love seeing everyone taking pictures with their lightsabers all lit up, very nice
Trie the Surly Sarlacc (still a bit too sweet for me but better than the sour sarlacc) and the Galma snack mix (really enjoyed it)
I have a feeling if I lived on Batuu I would owe Dok and Oga a lot of credits too!
I did not care for the sour sarlacc but think I would like the Surly one. I don't mind sweet drinks and I really liked the Cliff Dweller, which I know some think it too sweet. Maybe I enjoyed it so much because it came from a cute little Porg mug!

Something I mentioned on another thread is for the WDW version, it would be cool if they could scan our magic bands and look at what positions we've done before then give us a position we haven't done/done the least.
Late response but this would be nice. Got engineer both times when I went bc I was solo and only got gunner bc two others in single rider line wanted to ride together and for some reason didn't want to use the normal line. So I kinda lucked out with that swap but I really want to be pilot next time I'm there. When I first rode I went in the normal line bc I wanted to experience the full queue and when I got to the end the CM was like "wait did you not want to be engineer and that's why you did this?" and I didn't know better so I said "uh no just wanted to see the whole queue area".

Late response but this would be nice. Got engineer both times when I went bc I was solo and only got gunner bc two others in single rider line wanted to ride together and for some reason didn't want to use the normal line. So I kinda lucked out with that swap but I really want to be pilot next time I'm there. When I first rode I went in the normal line bc I wanted to experience the full queue and when I got to the end the CM was like "wait did you not want to be engineer and that's why you did this?" and I didn't know better so I said "uh no just wanted to see the whole queue area".
I'm pretty sure the whole point to "single rider" is to ride singly. Those two should have been made to take whatever they got because they chose to get into the single rider line, which I'm sure was much faster for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!