sharing an individual pizza at via Napoli

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
I am going with the kid on our upcoming trip and had planned to share a large pizza without realizing just how huge that thing is. I can myself eat about 1 full sized slice of pizza and the kid usually eats 2-3, so at MOST we'd eat half of a 20" pizza.

Do you think we could get away with sharing the individual pizza + an appetizer? if I have 1 slice and he has the other 3 do you think I will walk away feeling unsatisfied?

Costwise it is probably a few bucks MORE to do it this way but I am having a hard time going in there and pitching half of a pizza. I might just have to get over it though ;) But weighing my options.

10" sounds very small to share but when I see the pics it looks bigger than I expected it to be.

as long as you are paying cash...my cousin and I did exactly that...we ordered/shared the risotto balls and four cheese pizza in September. I ate one of the two-piece appy and one slice of pizza (a quarter of the ind. pie) and was full. I am pooh-sized. (They also brought out a couple of slices of bread and oil, but I don't remember eating it.) They didn't bat an eye, and gave me the AP discount.

I will say that the other pizzas with toppings per se, were very sparse on the cheese...so that may make a difference. I'd probably eat more and maybe not so much of the crust if we had a different pizza. It was our first time, and was very good. Service was excellent. We were there for an early dinner, and it was maybe a third full. We got seated immediately. Be forewarned, it is LOUD! We still liked it.

as long as you are paying cash...my cousin and I did exactly that...we ordered the risotto balls and four cheese pizza. I ate one of the two-piece appy and one slice of pizza (a quarter of the ind. pie) and was full. I am pooh-sized. (They also brought out a couple of slices of bread and oil, but I don't remember eating it.) They didn't bat an eye, and gave me the AP discount.
yes paying cash for a late lunch/early dinner before FEA dessert party so also do not want to end up being stuffed.

And yes, that is exactly what I was planning on! The risotto balls sound good. I had bariatric surgery and can just about eat 1 full sized slice of pizza. I rarely eat it anymore so we wanted to give via napoli a try and I was thinking of splitting a large so we could each pick our type but then we wanted the same type and full grown adult friends of mine (2 of them) who eat normally said they ended up pitching a lot.

edited to add: we would probably get the 4 cheese or the pepperoni. The festival of arts is also going on so we could pick up a snack if we need it at the food booths too. I think I will go with the individual, eyes definitely bigger than stomach if I order a 20"!

the risotto balls were very good, and filling. I was expecting cheese, but it was mostly ground meat. I am getting hungry just thinking about it! I think you and your son will be full. The table next to us ordered the focaccia (spelling?) bread appy when we were getting ready to leave, and it looked good. You could mop up the extra sauce with it. I think we missed the boat on that....

Also, thinner crust, but the individual pizza is about the same as Dominos' medium. It has a light char, which we enjoyed.

My husband and I split an individual pizza on every trip to Via Napoli. We also get either the calamari or risotto balls and are always stuffed.

I am going with the kid on our upcoming trip and had planned to share a large pizza without realizing just how huge that thing is. I can myself eat about 1 full sized slice of pizza and the kid usually eats 2-3, so at MOST we'd eat half of a 20" pizza.

Do you think we could get away with sharing the individual pizza + an appetizer? if I have 1 slice and he has the other 3 do you think I will walk away feeling unsatisfied?

Costwise it is probably a few bucks MORE to do it this way but I am having a hard time going in there and pitching half of a pizza. I might just have to get over it though ;) But weighing my options.

10" sounds very small to share but when I see the pics it looks bigger than I expected it to be.
Defintely shareable and allowed:). Basically, as long as each guest orders at least one dish when using the dining plan they are fine. As for OOP meals do as you like as there are no restrictions placed on you. Even on the DDxP we only order 1 small pie and split between 3-4, a salad and a few apps normally. I'm another lover of their arancini which taste nothing like the street fair variety- this is a good thing;). The ulgy sundae is nothing to sneer at either.

I think splitting the individual pizza and getting an app is perfect. Since youre paying cash, they wont give you a hard time. Go for it!

Also, thinner crust, but the individual pizza is about the same as Dominos' medium. It has a light char, which we enjoyed.
see 10" sounds smaller... a medium pizza would be plenty for me and the kid!

My husband and I split an individual pizza on every trip to Via Napoli. We also get either the calamari or risotto balls and are always stuffed.
oh awesome. 10" just sounds so small to me but it looks way bigger than that in the pic, more like 14" i'd guess!

Defintely shareable and allowed:). Basically, as long as each guest orders at least one dish when using the dining plan they are fine. As for OOP meals do as you like as there are no restrictions placed on you. Even on the DDxP we only order 1 small pie and split between 3-4, a salad and a few apps normally. I'm another lover of their arancini which taste nothing like the street fair variety- this is a good thing;). The ulgy sundae is nothing to sneer at either.
I meant in a practical sense not whether it is allowed, we are OOP so I knew it was allowed. Sounds like PLENTY of food especially 4.5 hours before a dessert party! I am an old fashioned NYC italian rice ball lover but I have only had it once out of NYC and it was an italian lady from there who made them homemade... I'm not sure if by "street fair" you mean the feast of san gennaro... I had a good one there but it was from a real restaurant that had a booth set up outside their storefront and it was like 15 years ago, lol. We used to get them from the deli counter of the local butcher in brooklyn, now I am really dating myself! A good one is a super rare treat. I was thinking we could do dessert but since we are doing the FEA dessert party that night I am going to have to put the brakes on that, only so much dessert a girl can eat (the kid on the other hand.... gelato is one of his favorite food groups!)

yes - as long as you are not on the dining plan
yup not on DDP, just good old fashioned cash. We are doing DDP first half of a split trip and I moved all of my expensive character AYCTE then and moved via Napoli to the second half cash only part.

I think splitting the individual pizza and getting an app is perfect. Since youre paying cash, they wont give you a hard time. Go for it!
great, thanks! I definitely have a bit of "eyes bigger than stomach" action going so I tend to err on the side of overordering, but I saw that is a 20" pizza for the large and that is even bigger than the 18" we get at home, which is HUGE and as I said which we can barely finish half of... if the kid is starving we can finish half but I'd rather not pitch more than half of what I order! It's a chance to try a couple of things too. 10" just sounded so tiny to me for sharing but the photos all make it look much bigger than that. Maybe they stretch it so thin so it gets larger!

great, thanks! I definitely have a bit of "eyes bigger than stomach" action going so I tend to err on the side of overordering, but I saw that is a 20" pizza for the large and that is even bigger than the 18" we get at home, which is HUGE and as I said which we can barely finish half of... if the kid is starving we can finish half but I'd rather not pitch more than half of what I order! It's a chance to try a couple of things too. 10" just sounded so tiny to me for sharing but the photos all make it look much bigger than that. Maybe they stretch it so thin so it gets larger!
I find the individual pizza pretty big, and I can eat. If the kid is still hungry after, you can get a snack/dessert some place else in epcot. That's always fun! Perhaps a pastry or ice cream from france? Yum!

Last edited:
see 10" sounds smaller... a medium pizza would be plenty for me and the kid!

oh awesome. 10" just sounds so small to me but it looks way bigger than that in the pic, more like 14" i'd guess!

I meant in a practical sense not whether it is allowed, we are OOP so I knew it was allowed. Sounds like PLENTY of food especially 4.5 hours before a dessert party! I am an old fashioned NYC italian rice ball lover but I have only had it once out of NYC and it was an italian lady from there who made them homemade... I'm not sure if by "street fair" you mean the feast of san gennaro... I had a good one there but it was from a real restaurant that had a booth set up outside their storefront and it was like 15 years ago, lol. We used to get them from the deli counter of the local butcher in brooklyn, now I am really dating myself! A good one is a super rare treat. I was thinking we could do dessert but since we are doing the FEA dessert party that night I am going to have to put the brakes on that, only so much dessert a girl can eat (the kid on the other hand.... gelato is one of his favorite food groups!)

yup not on DDP, just good old fashioned cash. We are doing DDP first half of a split trip and I moved all of my expensive character AYCTE then and moved via Napoli to the second half cash only part.

I was covering all the bases in case a firstcomer was reading:).
Yeah, back in my "daze", you could get a nice light and tender well seasoned ricotta ball at most any shop owned by Italians. My kiddos grew up in Brooklyn and many was the day we'd make a meal that started at a Italian specialty store on Court Street in Carrol Gardens. Good days and eats!:cool:

I find the individual pizza pretty big, and I can eat. If the kid is still hungry after, you can get a snack/dessert some place else in epcot. That's always fun! Perhaps a pastry or ice cream from france? Yum!
yeah that thing must be much bigger than 10". I mean the only reason I was thinking about it is I just was involved in the purchase of a 10" wall clock, lol. So I know exactly what size it is and it's not that big. But the photos I've seen look at least as big as the 14" wall clock we were also looking at! I feel confident in the individual size even for sharing now!

I was covering all the bases in case a firstcomer was reading:).
Yeah, back in my "daze", you could get a nice light and tender well seasoned ricotta ball at most any shop owned by Italians. My kiddos grew up in Brooklyn and many was the day we'd make a meal that started at a Italian specialty store on Court Street in Carrol Gardens. Good days and eats!:cool:
Hello stop making me drool. I lived in an italian neighborhood (sheepshead bay, no longer italian) and way took for granted pizza by the slice, rice balls, pretty much any italian delicacy I wanted. I did end up with a NY Italian though so his mom takes pretty good care of me for that but they do not make rice balls - the last good one I had was the ones his old neighbor made while visiting. I used to work in SoHo so loved to hit up San Gennaro at lunch every so often. The good old (fat) days, lol.

We're two averaged sized adults, but we weren't super full after our individual size pizzas back in October. I got the four cheese and DH got the margherita. Both had extremely thin crust, which made it not very filling to us. On our last trip a few years ago, we split the large and had maybe 2 slices left over.

Another idea is to add on the bread as well. As I recall, it was only a couple bucks and they bring oil and it was seasoned with rosemary. We've had it in the past and it was very good, and a little something extra.

Hey girl! My mom and I split the arancini and an individual pizza. Of course, we had dessert, but could have left feeling quite satisfied without dessert.

Lisa, if you are still hungry or the kid wants more, order a dessert. In my opinion, Via Napoli has soe really good desserts on the menu, and I always save room, for one. I think you will be fine with an appetizer and individual pizza. My DD eats about what you do, and she always brings most of her individual pizza home whenever she orders one anywhere. No one offers to share with her because we know her DH is going to scarf that puppy down as soon as he gets in from work, so no waste. In Disney you generally have to throw away food you do not eat, so I woudl not over order.

We're two averaged sized adults, but we weren't super full after our individual size pizzas back in October. I got the four cheese and DH got the margherita. Both had extremely thin crust, which made it not very filling to us. On our last trip a few years ago, we split the large and had maybe 2 slices left over.

Another idea is to add on the bread as well. As I recall, it was only a couple bucks and they bring oil and it was seasoned with rosemary. We've had it in the past and it was very good, and a little something extra.

I think it also depends on how hungry you are when you show up. We usually do 2 TS in a day spaced about 5 hours apart so I likely will not be ravenous when we show up. I've also had bariatric surgery and my son is 10 and while he can eat, I would say he still does not eat quite as much as an adult. Maybe a rather light eating adult but nowhere near as much as my boyfriend or his 15 year old son do. I can see someone with a bigger appetite not being super full though!

Hey girl! My mom and I split the arancini and an individual pizza. Of course, we had dessert, but could have left feeling quite satisfied without dessert.

oh good, it should be plenty then! The kid is crazy for gelato so he'll be wanting that but we have free flowing desserts coming up 4 hours later so i am tempted to put the brakes on that, but who knows what will happen on vacation. What happens on vacation, stays on vacation lol.

Lisa, if you are still hungry or the kid wants more, order a dessert. In my opinion, Via Napoli has soe really good desserts on the menu, and I always save room, for one. I think you will be fine with an appetizer and individual pizza. My DD eats about what you do, and she always brings most of her individual pizza home whenever she orders one anywhere. No one offers to share with her because we know her DH is going to scarf that puppy down as soon as he gets in from work, so no waste. In Disney you generally have to throw away food you do not eat, so I woudl not over order.

yeah I was really caught on it being called 10" - I do not think it is 10" really! That is pretty small and I'm not worried about me as much as the kid sharing it with me. But pictures of it make it look much bigger than that and everyone's advice makes me feel better about doing that. I don't know why I worry at all, it's not like I've ever gone hungry at Disney... there's always more food right around the corner!

If it helps Casey and I usually share an individual pizza, but she normally eats just 1 piece and I do 2, sometimes, 3.

My husband and I always split an individual mushroom pizza then also split a dessert. This keeps me from overeating and him from wasting food.

If it helps Casey and I usually share an individual pizza, but she normally eats just 1 piece and I do 2, sometimes, 3.
My kid can eat 2-3 normal sized pieces but maybe 3 small pieces will hold him. He more often eats 2 and truth told that is probably enough for him, so 3/4 of that one should be enough for him I'd guess. I think I'm more worried about him having enough than me. I had decided to just get the large then a friend came back from there with her husband and was like "OMG it was huge and we left a lot!" I started rethinking that strategy. It's only like $10 more for the large but I just can't stand the thought of pitching it (or carrying it around for the remainder of the evening, as I learned is a far more common thing than I thought on another thread!)

Anyone want to share a large pizza with us on 1/25? lol.

My husband and I always split an individual mushroom pizza then also split a dessert. This keeps me from overeating and him from wasting food.

sounds like the consensus is that for average and below eaters it should be enough. Bigger eaters probably not, but we are not big eaters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts