Sharing at California Grill

At CG the appetizers/sushi/flatbread tends to be of a larger protion than the mains. Better off ordering 1 of each of those than sharing a main, for essentially the same price.

If you are on the Deluxe plan with three courses, it is likely going to be fine to share. I’ve shared there multiple times and have been very satisfied with the amount of food. As always, YMMV, since everyone has different appetites.

DD and I shared a steak dinner at Cali Grill and got quite a negative reaction from our server. She was friendly at first until we informed her that DD and I were sharing. For the rest of the evening she became quite rude and short with us. She rushed us through our meal.

Everything else about the Cali Grill was fabulous.

Last edited:

I shared the filet with my 11 year old son and the waiter had no issue with it all. In fact, it came out split into two plates. We ordered sushi and the meat/cheese board as apps, then shared the steak and shared dessert. I do think my son could have eaten it by himself! He has very expensive tastes!

I’ve also ordered apps as my dinner here before and never had any issue with that either. The mussels are so yummy!

I’ve also ordered apps as my dinner here before and never had any issue with tha
I eat at CG almost every time we visit and all but 1 time have had appetizers as my meal, and was actually more satisfied than the one time I ordered an actual main (scallops for the record).

Is there a minimum purchase to stay/return for HEA viewing? My DH is picky and I was thinking appetizers and a drink would be the extent of eating but not sure that's an issue or not, TIA!

Last time we were there my husband and J split a flatbread, sushi roll, and the filet. Server seemed to not care at all! It was plenty of food for 2 people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter