Sharing dining plan

JulianneR

SmokeyMouse
We are family of 6. 2 adults and 4 kids. We are booking two rooms with 1 adult and 2 kids each. We are thinking of only getting the dining plan for one room and sharing the credits since we don’t want to commit to a table sit down every day. We are there for 7 nights so if my math is right, we’d have 7 adult TS and 14 kids TS then a total of 21 CS that are non specific and 42 snack credits. I figure I can stretch this to 3 sit downs with my family and then various counter services throughout the parks to share. My kids are 9,6, 5 and 5 so the lil ones don’t eat that much.
Has anyone done this?

Doing this next month. Me and DD16 are staying at BWV for 7 nights. We have some friends staying at Port Orleans for 6 nights. So I booked the Deluxe Dining and we are splitting it. The Deluxe Dining gives you 3 Dining Credits per day per person (can be TS or CS) and 2 snacks per day per person. You might want to look into doing the Deluxe as it could cover alot of your dining. (we eat breakfast in the room so don't use credits for that).

So, for 7 nights you would have 63 dining credits and 42 snacks. Then you can book more TS restaurants or character dining. With kids splitting some meals this probably could get you through the entire week. Also with the Deluxe Dining at TS Restaurants - you get Appetizer, Meal, Dessert and Drink. I know the Deluxe is more but may be worth is since 2 of them are kids pricing.

If my calculations are correct. You would pay $888.93 for Regular Dining and $1372.61 for Deluxe. Difference of $484.68. With much more flexibility and more food.

Good point. I didn't event think to get the deluxe plan to share. That makes sense to get more table meals.

I'm not 100% sure what the official stance is, but I know we tried to do this a few years back (2 rooms booked, both with Free Dining, upgraded one room to deluxe and split the credits with the standard dining room), and we were questioned by the staff multiple times, and once even rejected (I believe at the Brown Derby) so I don't think this is allowed and it's certainly frowned upon even if it is. That's not to say it won't work, because clearly it does for some, just pointing out my experience.

Edit: I'm also seeing some say that it didn't use to be allowed, but now is, so again I really don't know, this was probably 4 years ago for me, so I'd call to be sure.

Last edited:
You are now allowed to share credits with someone not on the dining plan?
The language that restricted using credits for other people was removed from the dining plan brochure for the 2016 or 2017 plan year. It still lists credits as “non-transferable.”

Just got back on Saturday Night. DD and I stayed at the Boardwalk and got the Deluxe Dining Plan. Friends of ours stayed at a different resort with no plan. We split our meals with them. Never had a problem using 4 TS or CS at one time. No one even questioned it. I will have to say though that even splitting the Deluxe Plan with 2 others - it was still way too much food. Definitely would not do that again.

I emailed Disney:

Walt Disney World Guest Mail (guest.mail@wdw.disneyonline.com)
To:you Details

Dear Paula,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

As long as you are dining together and have the entitlements, you are able to use it for other guests dining with you. I hope this helps and that you have a MAGICAL visit with us.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by replying to this email or by calling us at 407-939-7765 and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Garrison Swenson
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

We are planning on dining with two other family members who will not have the dining plan. Can we use table service credits to purchase a meal for them?

Thanks,

Paula

You can have 1 room w 1 adult and 3 children, get the dxdp and have 12 meal credits per night to use for the family.

The nice thing about deluxe, imho, is the appetizers

If you have any light eaters, an appy could be there dinner

It is really a math exercise. What is the cost of dining w the different plans

You can conceivably have 2 ts per day for the family w dxdp
A nice character late bfast or early lunch and a nice dinner. W 4 small kids sitting for an hour for a meal can be a nice break. Rest, cool off, hydrate, refuel, share the fun of the morning and the plan for the rest of the day

Something to think about

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter