"She's Gotta Put the Biscuits Back in the Can" A May/June 2017 TR *COMPLETE 1/5*

Yay FOTLK!

You guys look like you had such a cute time with King Louie and Baloo, seems like a good swap for EE!

That EE pic is PRIME. Frame that image and put it on this years Christmas card.

I also LOVE the disinterested Dinosaur picture. Literally PERFECT.

Oh no, I would have died around the elementary school field trip groups. I used to tutor elementary school kids as part of my fieldwork and it made me switch my major. Nope nope nope. Not today!

Cute pics with King Louie and Baloo! Your mom's face on EE is hysterical!

Thanks! We laughed for a really long time at that EE pic!

You guys look like you had such a cute time with King Louie and Baloo, seems like a good swap for EE!

It was! I was so happy to finally be able to do this meet!

That EE pic is PRIME. Frame that image and put it on this years Christmas card.

IKR???

Oh no, I would have died around the elementary school field trip groups. I used to tutor elementary school kids as part of my fieldwork and it made me switch my major. Nope nope nope. Not today!

It amazed me how many different school groups, but especially elementary school groups that we saw.

"Is She Twelve?"
Day 7, Part 4

So before I get started with this update, I would like to share a video that was shamefully overlooked and should have been included in an earlier post.:eek:

And now, on with the show! :thumbsup2

After our time-traveling adventure, Andrea and I hopped in line for Triceratop Spin, because why not??

IMG_2399
by the2ndstar2theright, on Flickr

IMG_2400

After our ride, it was time for Nemo! Finding Nemo is one of Andrea's favorite movies, so she was really excited to see the show!

IMG_2403

From there we made our way back to the front of the park, returned Kelsey's wheelchair, and walked out to the bus stop. I think we waited 10 minutes or so, and then we were on our way back to Pop!

When we got back to the room, my first order of business was to finish decorating the window. Mom and Andrea had gotten the supplies we needed on their Target run so I got to work.

Mine & Kelsey's window:

IMG_2406

Mom and Andrea's:

IMG_3405

Everybody napped on and off this afternoon. It was about 8:30 when we left the room again, this time to walk over to AoA for dinner! We all got some make-your-own pastas to share.

Mine and Mom's:

IMG_2408

Andrea and Kelsey's:

IMG_2409

Everything was absolutely delicious! I love the fact that AoA's food court is super convenient for guests staying at Pop:goodvibes

After dinner, we walked out to the AK stop at AoA. Soon, we were back in Animal Kingdom! Since Kelsey was feeling better we decided not to re-check out a wheelchair and just see how things went. Our first stop was for some PP pics at the Tree.

AK_TRPLAZA_20170603_8049945857

AK_TRPLAZA_20170603_402847279863

While we were standing there, the Tree came to life! I wasn't fast enough to get anything on video, but it was so cool! We've never really been nighttime AK people, so I had never seen it before.:lovestruc

IMG_2411

We walked back towards Dinosaur to use the FPs that Mom had booked while we were back at Pop. There were no school groups this time, which was a plus.

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_20170603_402847154470

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_20170603_402847293553

Nope. Still unimpressed.

From there we raced towards Rivers of Light to see if we could still make it into the 10:30 show. We got there quite literally 2 minutes before it started, but we made it!

IMG_2412

IMG_2415

IMG_2418

IMG_2424

IMG_2434

https://youtu.be/BDH_sd7sXAc

IMG_2436

IMG_3407

IMG_3409

https://youtu.be/AmFS5ENITnA

I had heard a lot of mixed reactions to this show, so I wasn't really sure what to expect, but holy. moly. wow. I absolutely loved it! All the lights and the music and...just wow. I thought it was beautiful, and I am so glad we went!

After RoL, we headed towards Pandora. I'm not an Avatar fan or anything, but seeing everything all lit up was really cool. We decided we would try to get in line for FoP and just see what happened. It took us a while to find the CM holding the "line starts here" sign, and when we did, she told us that even if we got in line we probably wouldn't get to ride tonight. Since none of us really felt like standing in line for 2 hours and then being told we couldn't ride, we made our way back to the front of the park.

Lucky for us, there was a Pop bus at the stop when we walked up.:banana: We all crashed almost immediately when we got back to the room.

fullsizeoutput_992

UP NEXT: Epcot!

Sounds like a great rest of your AK afternoon!

LOVE your windows, so cute!

Love your PP pics in front of the tree at night! I really hope there's photographers out on my upcoming trip!

I'm glad to hear such a positive review of ROL!

Go with the FLOOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooOOOOOW... best show in DAK. I'm SO obsessed and so happy you guys enjoyed it!

Your windows came out so cute! I've never decorated a resort window before but it's on the bucket list for me!

That pasta from AOA looks great!

As usual, great pics from Dinosaur! #unimpressed

Wow, those ROL pics are gorgeous! I'm so glad you enjoyed the show!

I can't wait to hear about Epcot!

LOVE your windows, so cute!

Love your PP pics in front of the tree at night! I really hope there's photographers out on my upcoming trip!

Thanks so much!

I'm glad to hear such a positive review of ROL!

We really loved it! I think the music was really what did it for me.

Your windows came out so cute! I've never decorated a resort window before but it's on the bucket list for me!

10/10 would recommend. It's so much fun!

Wow, those ROL pics are gorgeous! I'm so glad you enjoyed the show!

Thanks!

I do not recall authorizing the posting of this less than flattering photo!

But you also didn't say I couldn't. :D:P

HTTP3d3dy5pbWFnZXNidWRkeS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzLzE5OS9mbHlpbmctYnktdG8tc2F5LWhpLXRpbmtlcmJlbGwtZ2xpdHRlci1zY3JhcC5naWYlog.gif

HI Lindsey just found your TR and following along quoting page 1 and then on to get caught up .

img_2027-jpg.248928

Cute board love the Mickey's

Because I was valedictorian of my class, I had to give a speech. Of course, in true Lindsey fashion, my speech was about Walt Disney. :goodvibes

Congratulations on graduation. I loved your speech. Bravo very well done and very motivating. Now to go get caught up. popcorn::

It took me a while, but I'm finally back and caught up again! :cool1:

Hello, all! Thank you guys so much for all the well-wishes as I start my freshman year.:lovestruc I'll be sure to try and remember to post a RL update every now and then. :thumbsup2

Yay! Congrats on starting your freshman year!

I really don't know what my face it doing.:rotfl2:

Me in every PP photo. haha

After our time with Mickey, we headed over to the Laugh Floor. :sulley: Mom insists on sending in a joke every time we do this (but hers has never been picked for the show:laughing:). This time her joke was "Why did Adele cross the road?"

I think I can guess this one..

To say "Hello from the other siiiddeee!!" :rotfl:

Yep!!

Haha funny!

In case you were wondering, Mom's joke still didn't get picked. :confused3

Sad day. :(

I've heard that cheesier jokes, especially Disney-related ones, and ones that have a gross/ick-factor that would make kids laugh (like the one that always gets picked about making a tissue dance by putting a little "boogie" in it) tend to get picked most often if she wants to give that a shot! :)

IMG_2291

This very quickly became my new favorite snack, and Kelsey and I both collected quite a few Mickey straws by the end of our trip. :thumbsup2

Love these! So tasty and refreshing on a hot day!

Just a sidenote, because this interaction really irritated me: Mom and I have ordered of the kid's menu hundreds of times at different restaurants across WDW property and have never been told that we were not allowed to. And even if that was a recent policy change, there's no need to be rude about it. Anyways...

Yeah, I'm surprised by this, too. I haven't heard of this being policed much in past. Definitely not at QS, but not at table service either...and you're right that she didn't need to be rude.

When we got back to our rooms, it was a little before 9. It was this night that we discovered that we could see three different sets of fireworks from right outside our doors. It was a nice way to end a day!

How cool!!

RL Sidebar: I started classes this week! This was the "First Day of School" picture I sent my parents as I walked to my first class.

Yay!! Very cute - love the earrings

At some point this afternoon, I got a call from a friend back home. I instantly was worried, because I knew she knew I was in Disney, and I had no idea why she was calling me. When I answered, she told me that my best friend's younger brother was in the in the hospital in septic shock. She basically said "I know you're on your trip, but I also knew you'd want to know."

It was a very scary couple of days, but I am happy to report that my friend's brother is perfectly fine! In fact, his doctors said that he set records for how quickly he recovered after being in septic shock. I'm so thankful he's okay, and when I see him now, he doesn't act like anything ever happened! :cool1:

Oh my goodness! How scary! Glad to hear he recovered so well and is okay now!

I'll admit, Uber is kind of sketchy to me, but everything was fine (obviously).

I agree. I get a little sketched out by Uber too. But the price makes it worth the sketch most of the time I think.

It was not long after this that we realized our grave mistake. Beaches and Cream is at the Beach Club, not the Boardwalk. Of course, you can walk between the two, so it isn't a big deal, right? Except that by now...it was raining. :eek:

Oh no!! Easy mistake to make with Epcot resorts.

Mom and Andrea each got a No Way Jose.

Yum!! We got a dairy free version of this and it was AMAZING.

I don't think anyone actually bought anything tonight, but we all took pictures of different things so we wouldn't forget things we wanted to come back for. :thumbsup2

Smart idea! I should start doing this so I can be more strategic about what I buy.

Then, having determined that walking + heat = sick Kelsey, we stopped to rent her a wheelchair to try and keep the illness at bay.

I'm like this, too. Glad you could find a better solution!

Of course, we had to stop for some pictures in front of the Tree. We took a bunch, but this was the only one that wasn't blurry.:sad1:

So cute!!

Barista: "Is that your daughter?" (Whatever, not an uncommon mistake)
Andrea: "No, she's actually my niece."
B: "What is she, like 12?"

WHAT.

shocked-150x150-gif.265720

A: "No, she's actually 18."
B: "Really? I normally really over-estimate people's ages."

Again...

WHAT.

Oh my goodness!!

:rotfl2::rotfl:

I get this a lot. I think when you have a rounder face it's a common thing. I'm 24 and I still get asked what grade I'm in all the time. More so before I cut my hair.

These are literal charts that tell you exactly what you can and can't eat with certain allergies.

unknown-2-jpg.265735

I found this picture on Google. Not the greatest quality, but you get the idea. I'd never seen these before, and it was really helpful to have, and much less time-consuming than speaking with a chef.:thumbsup2

Yeah, this is great! It's a relatively new thing in the last few months. If you don't have an allergy that's super sensitive to cross-contamination, then it's awesome and saves a lot of time. If not, I like that you can still see a chef, and it also cuts down on the wait times for people who need to wait for a chef because fewer people are waiting in line for them.

We all had a really great experience at Tusker House. It's one of Mom's favorites, for sure! We all agreed that we liked the breakfast selection better than what we saw of the lunch, but all of the food was really yummy! :thumbsup2

LOVE breakfast at Tusker House.

After our ride, it was time for Nemo! Finding Nemo is one of Andrea's favorite movies, so she was really excited to see the show!

Nemo is also one of my favourites. <3

It took us a while to find the CM holding the "line starts here" sign, and when we did, she told us that even if we got in line we probably wouldn't get to ride tonight. Since none of us really felt like standing in line for 2 hours and then being told we couldn't ride, we made our way back to the front of the park.

That's too bad! That's strange, too. That must be a new issue with only the Pandora rides. Because I was always told that if you got in a long line for a ride one minute before park close, they'd let the whole line ride, it was just that they wouldn't allow new people in the lines. But I guess with Pandora if the line is 3 hours after closing or something they wouldn't be able to accommodate that. Lame!

HI Lindsey just found your TR and following along quoting page 1 and then on to get caught up .

:welcome:

Cute board love the Mickey's

Thanks!

Congratulations on graduation. I loved your speech. Bravo very well done and very motivating. Now to go get caught up. popcorn::

You're so sweet! Thank you so much!

Yay! Congrats on starting your freshman year!

Thank you! :)

Oh no!! Easy mistake to make with Epcot resorts.

Mom and I were definitely slapping our foreheads a little on this one. We couldn't believe we had done that!

Smart idea! I should start doing this so I can be more strategic about what I buy.

It worked really well for me and Kelsey! That way we had some time to think about whether or not we actually wanted whatever it was :)

I get this a lot. I think when you have a rounder face it's a common thing.

Mom said it always happened to her too, and that I'll appreciate it when I'm older...:sad2:

That's too bad! That's strange, too. That must be a new issue with only the Pandora rides. Because I was always told that if you got in a long line for a ride one minute before park close, they'd let the whole line ride, it was just that they wouldn't allow new people in the lines. But I guess with Pandora if the line is 3 hours after closing or something they wouldn't be able to accommodate that. Lame!

I thought it was kind of strange, too. But I was also thankful for that CM being so straight-forward about it..we would have been really upset if we'd waited for hours and not gotten to ride!

"We Didn't Mean to Leave You in China."
Day 8

Our Plans:
Frozen Ever After 11:20-12:20
Via Napoli 1:15pm ADR
Character Spot 3:20-4:20
Mission: Space 4:35-5:35

This morning, my alarm went off at 6:15am, and I only hit snooze once! It's the little things. :flower1: We got up and got ready, and we left the room around 7:55am. By 8:05, we were on a bus to Epcot! :donald: (Side Note: This was a rather light day for pictures because it was a rather rainy day, so I'm apologizing in advance!:sad2:)
When we pulled up at Epcot, it was still before park opening, but we were able to get in as far as Spaceship Earth.

IMG_2441

The Jammitors came out to entertain the crowd for a bit while everyone was waiting. We couldn't see them, but it was fun to listen to them!
Once the rope dropped, we headed straight for Test Track. When we got over there to get in line, we saw a squirrel climb into a stroller! :eek: Thankfully it was an empty stroller, but it was still kind of crazy!

Soon, we were inside TT and getting ready to design our cars.

This was mine and Kelsey's car (I think).

IMG_3584

I don't have a picture of Mom and Andrea's for some reason. :sad2:

EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_20170603_402843006505

Kelsey was definitely laughing at Andrea screaming in this picture. :laughing:

Mine and Kelsey's car beat Mom and Andrea's 205 to 199. I think the best of the day at that point was like 226.

From there we walked over to the Land to get in line for Soarin! Andrea bought some kettle corn first that we snacked on while we waited. The standby was posted 75...we NEVER get in lines like that, but we knew it was only going to get worse as the day went on. It really wouldn't have been that bad except for the number of people passing us in line to catch up with their groups. It doesn't usually bother me, but this was like 15 different times. Eventually, the ladies behind us had had enough, and they started screaming at people who were trying to get past them.:eek: They then made friends with the twenty-something girl and her mom behind them, and they all...um, complained, together. At one point the twenty-something started cussing at a little boy who was near us in line...needless to say, we were ready to get on the ride by the time we got up to the front!

We waited a few minutes longer to get row B1, but soon we were boarding! Mom, Kelsey and I all LOVED the new film!! Andrea...was not a fan. I remembered her not loving Soarin when she came with us in 2012, but that's primarily because she doesn't like heights. Unfortunately, this time was no different. :confused3

After Soarin, we started towards World Showcase, with a quick stop at Club Cool.

Our first stop around the world was in Norway, for our FEA FPs.:banana:

EPCOT_FROZENRIDE_20170603_8050211954

This ride was SO cute, but I was very glad that we didn't wait five hours for it. :goodvibes

Day 8

Oh my goodness ahaha! Can't wait to hear this story...

The standby was posted 75...we NEVER get in lines like that, but we knew it was only going to get worse as the day went on. It really wouldn't have been that bad except for the number of people passing us in line to catch up with their groups. It doesn't usually bother me, but this was like 15 different times. Eventually, the ladies behind us had had enough, and they started screaming at people who were trying to get past them.:eek: They then made friends with the twenty-something girl and her mom behind them, and they all...um, complained, together. At one point the twenty-something started cussing at a little boy who was near us in line...needless to say, we were ready to get on the ride by the time we got up to the front!

Wow long line! I'm with you that it would have to be a very good reason to stay in that line. And holy cow, what a terrible line experience! I hate when tons of people save places for their whole family in line and everyone is just pushing past you when you've been waiting. That would be frustrating. But man...how inappropriate those people behind you sound...not cool!

We waited a few minutes longer to get row B1, but soon we were boarding!

Totally worth it!!

Our first stop around the world was in Norway, for our FEA FPs.:banana:

Yay!!

This ride was SO cute, but I was very glad that we didn't wait five hours for it. :goodvibes

Amen! I love FEA, but would never wait for it in those crazy stand-by lines.

Wow long line! I'm with you that it would have to be a very good reason to stay in that line. And holy cow, what a terrible line experience! I hate when tons of people save places for their whole family in line and everyone is just pushing past you when you've been waiting. That would be frustrating. But man...how inappropriate those people behind you sound...not cool!

We figured we were better off waiting 45 minutes to an hour then rather than waiting 2 hours later in the day! And, yes, "inappropriate" is a nice way to put that. 8-)

Totally worth it!!

Absolutely! We've always done this because my mom and I hate seeing people's feet dangling above our heads!

Amen! I love FEA, but would never wait for it in those crazy stand-by lines.

Exactly!

Sounds like a good start to your morning doing all 3 big Epcot rides!

It was a pretty great start. I was honestly pretty impressed with us.:thumbsup2

YAY FOR EPCOT! So excited to hear about how you liked FEA and VN!

Looks like a fun time on TT!

Ick, I hate people who get too overly aggressive in lines! Cursing at children? So gross. I'm sorry you had to stand with that for 75 minutes! :scared1:

I'm glad you thought FEA was cute! The wait times can be insane, and definitely not worth it past a certain point, but I'm glad you enjoyed it with the FP+!

I'm with ya friend!

It's completely insane to me that people are willing to wait as long as they are for certain rides. We were so happy to have a FP!

Ick, I hate people who get too overly aggressive in lines! Cursing at children? So gross. I'm sorry you had to stand with that for 75 minutes! :scared1:

Thankfully I'm pretty sure it actually ended up being less than 75 minutes, but it was absolutely ridiculous. Like I don't care if that's how you talk in your everyday life, but don't talk like that in WDW, especially not to/around little kids.

I'm glad you thought FEA was cute! The wait times can be insane, and definitely not worth it past a certain point, but I'm glad you enjoyed it with the FP+!

We loved it! There was a moment of slight panic on my part just because it seemed to go backwards for a lot longer than I remembered from the Maelstrom. But it was all good, and so so cute!

Day 8, Part 2

After FEA, Mom and Andrea decided they wanted margaritas from Mexico. While they did that, Kelsey and I walked on to Germany to get pretzels.

*Disclaimer: When the menu says "Jumbo Pretzel," it should really say "JUMBO Pretzel". Somehow, I had never gotten one of these before, so neither of us knew how big they were. We each got our own but we easily could have shared!

IMG_2444

Once we'd gotten our pretzels, Kelsey and I found seats on the edge of the fountain and waited for Mom and Andrea. Pretty soon, they were back with their drinks, so we all just sat with our snacks for a bit (Mom and Andrea ate some of our pretzels too:thumbsup2).

Now, this may make not a lot of sense considering the aforementioned JUMBO pretzels, but then it was time for our ADR in Italy! :rotfl:We made our way to Via Napoli, checked in, and sat down to wait. It wasn't long before we were being shown to our table.

IMG_2445

Mom and I decided to split a four cheese pizza.

IMG_2446

Kelsey and Andrea split a margarita pizza.

IMG_2447

Okay, confession time (and I know this opinion will not be very popular): we weren't blown away. Now, some of that may have been because I had built up A LOT of hype in my head. Some of it may have also been because I didn't read the description of the pizza very closely, so what I ordered wasn't what I thought I was getting. Nothing we had was bad, we just weren't as impressed as we had anticipated we would be. :confused3 I know, I know, we're crazy.

Anywho...

After lunch, we moved on to the good ole USA to see the 2:15 showing of the American Adventure. Shame on me, I may have dozed a little (hey, it was right after lunch, ok?:laughing:).

I made Kelsey stop to get a picture with Woody when we were done.

IMG_3687

We decided to take the boat back across toward Future World, so we made our way down to the dock.

IMG_2448

I don't think we waited very long, and soon we were back in Future World! :thumbsup2 Our first stop was the Character Spot to use our FPs. Am I the only one who thinks they seriously need to fix the air conditioning in there? :confused3 Anyways, we didn't have to wait too long before it was our turn to meet the gang!

Aaannddd...crap. It is at this point that I am suddenly realizing that our pictures from these meets are nowhere to be found! :sad::sad: I'm going to do some looking, and hopefully I will find them. :sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!