Shipping a package to our hotel to save costs??

Jinnyboom

Mouseketeer
Wondering if anyone has done this...and if so...has it been successful???
I am hoping to do avoid breakfast costs and to be able to snack in our rooms since the parks close early during our December trip.

My thoughts...
Inexpensive toaster and hot pot, manual can opener..(will leave toaster and hot pot behind)..thinking of sending instant soups, oatmeal, snacks..that can be had in the room and taken to the parks..baggies..small packets of drink mix..to add to the free ice water that can be had in the parks..disposable cameras..(so much cheaper at home)...snacks from the dollar store..chips, pretzels, pop tarts, razors..(what with the new security measures at the airport)..etc...
We will be making a grocery stop to pick up bottled water, bagles, bread, cream cheese, a cooler, etc...
Thoughts and additional suggestions are so welcomed!!
Thanks in advance!!

Hi jinnyboom!

I think that you have some money saving meal ideas. :)
But why not just pack the toaster and hot pot and food items? We did not take the appliances, but we did pack a couple of suitcases and bags with cereals, pop-tarts, fruit and cereal bars, Pringles, snack crackers etc.
We made a grocery store stop too for the things that you mentioned.

We usually order that stuff from Netgrocer.com - and have it delivered to the resort the day before we check in! You can get cereal, crackers, chips, candy, juice boxes, bottled water, granola bars, etc, etc from them - just no perishable items.

It always arrives on time, and is waiting for us at the front desk when we check in!

Rhonda, if you have it delivered the day before you arrive, does the hotel accept it? I would be worried that they'd refuse it since we aren't even guests there yet. I like the plan but think I'd rather have it delivered the day after we arrive. What is net grocery? Just like that netgrocery.com ? Also, do you know if they offer Saturday delivery?

Thanks, Carla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter