Shipshape Salon "Storybook Styles"

Amy M

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever used the Shipshape Salon at YC/BC with kids? It says they have "Character Couture packages" that include hair, makeup, and nails to transform you into classic Disney characters (for adults and children). They also offer kid manicures and pedicures. Just looking for something "extra" for my girls this trip. They will be 10 and 8 this trip and since we are staying at BC, this would be very convenient if it is worth the cost. TIA!

Edit: I called Disney this evening and they told me this is a new name for a previous service. It used to be called something princess makeover (can’t recall the exact name...I was driving when I was on the phone with them).

Last edited:
I have not purchased any of these packages, but DD and I got our haircut at Shipshape and they did a fabulous job. They even gave DD (age 4 at the time) Pixie dust in her hair! It was very fun!

I have not purchased any of these packages, but DD and I got our haircut at Shipshape and they did a fabulous job. They even gave DD (age 4 at the time) Pixie dust in her hair! It was very fun!
Thanks for your response!

I thought it was a lot prettier too. I think DGD will really enjoy it too. We are doing that and then the Tea in the garden Tea room. She really wanted to do the Princess Tea party but that do that in the morning so there's no way to go to the salon and then the tea. And it saves a lot of money

I thought it was a lot prettier too. I think DGD will really enjoy it too. We are doing that and then the Tea in the garden Tea room. She really wanted to do the Princess Tea party but that do that in the morning so there's no way to go to the salon and then the tea. And it saves a lot of money
What is the tea party? Is that at GF?

Haven't done the package but I have gotten a pedicure there and will be booking one for my Nov trip. It was a great experience and the two ladies my friend and I had were a lot of fun. It was a great pedi and lasted longer than the one I got at home pre trip.

It's a small salon but I liked that part, it wasn't very busy when we were there. We were the only people in the salon, everyone else coming in were getting massages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter