Shop Disney

Madame

DIS Veteran
Is the APP no longer available in Canada? I downloaded & ordered from it just a few weeks ago. Now it’s telling me to update it, but when it sends me to iTunes it’s giving me a message that it’s not available in my country or region.

Yes, but I was shipping to a mailbox company in Detroit & using it to get the DVC discount which no longer r works on the website 😕

I have both US and Canadian Apple Store accounts. Logged in with my Canadian account, I got the same error message. So I logged out and then in with my US account. The US app store shows me the app with an "update" button but when I click on the update button I get the message " "Shop Disney" No Longer Available; the developer has removed this app from the App Store".

The version it shows is 6.0.1 which is 1 month old.

I wonder if there is a temporary problem due to IOS 13 and them having a problem with the compatible version ?

Maybe someone who has only a US apple account can try and see what they get.

SW

I have both US and Canadian Apple Store accounts. Logged in with my Canadian account, I got the same error message. So I logged out and then in with my US account. The US app store shows me the app with an "update" button but when I click on the update button I get the message " "Shop Disney" No Longer Available; the developer has removed this app from the App Store".

The version it shows is 6.0.1 which is 1 month old.

I wonder if there is a temporary problem due to IOS 13 and them having a problem with the compatible version ?

Maybe someone who has only a US apple account can try and see what they get.

SW
Thanks! Wouldn’t be a first for Disney tech if it is just a glitch 😂

I have never been able to download the ShopDisney app in Canada. It always told me that it wasn't available in my region. Did you happen to download it before when you were in the States? It doesn't even come up as an option when I search the App Store.

I have never been able to download the ShopDisney app in Canada. It always told me that it wasn't available in my region. Did you happen to download it before when you were in the States? It doesn't even come up as an option when I search the App Store.
I thought so too, but I was sitting on my couch at home when I downloaded it to order my DVC Dooney. I remember being surprised at the time. Maybe being able to download it was a glitch.

I have it on Android, seems to still work. I haven't ever really used it though. I put together orders, see how much shipping is and figure I'll just wait.

I hope this isn't considered a hijack... but following from what you all are discussing... where do you buy Disney merch in Canada? I'm fine with online but as someone mentioned, the shipping to Canada from US is ridiculous. Plus I found a great shirt on ShopDisney that for some reason wouldn't ship to Canada...

What do you all do?

I hope this isn't considered a hijack... but following from what you all are discussing... where do you buy Disney merch in Canada? I'm fine with online but as someone mentioned, the shipping to Canada from US is ridiculous. Plus I found a great shirt on ShopDisney that for some reason wouldn't ship to Canada...

What do you all do?

Some high-end items won’t ship — whether it’s the item or where it’s produced, I don’t know. I wanted the Disney vera Bradley bag which wouldn’t ship to a Canada and a few other things. I was heading across the border to Buffalo for a weekend so I opened a Kinek account (heard about here) & gave myself time to have order ship. Shipping from shopdisney was free in US. The location in a Niagara Falls NY would hold a package for 30 days and charge $5 per package. Now, Disney split my order in 2 so I ended up paying $10 but still cheaper. I didn’t go crazy ordering though - I was only going for the weekend with my teen to shop and you still have to claim these orders as part of your customs alottment. But I really wanted that bag! :rotfl:

On this end of the border, the Disney Stores have started to carry a lot more adult clothes and decor — even park ears. I have found Disney Chrismas decor and wrapping paper at Costco. Pandora & Swarovski have Disney items. For teens, there’s Hot Topic, EB Games - even Torrid has some accessories (same company as Hot Topic). I find the occasional stuff at Winners/Homesense, Walmart, etc Always keeping the eyes open.

Duties at the door are so not worth it!

What do you all do?

https://www.crossborderpickups.ca/
I used them when purchasing the Mickey waffle maker which doesn't ship to Canada. You can pick it up at one of their warehouses in the GTA or have them mail it to your house for a fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter