Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

My plan for 7:

Global Pet Foods;
Sobeys;
Foodland;
Rexall;
Metro;
Shell; and
LCBO.

Should be reasonably easy for me to do those ones. It seems they have a lot more random stores this year.

Ok here is my attack plan, shouldn't be too hard:

My card:
1 - BMO going to buy Amazon and LCBO gift cards at Shell, and then use them to do the airmilesshops one and an extra LCBO one
2 - Sobeys, regular groceries
3 - Metro - some flowers for me mwahaha! Maybe two pointsettias
4 - Shell - gas and giftcards
5 - Foodland, regular groceries
6 - Rexall, having to wait until December will need to remember
7 - AM Shops - I have stuff waiting on a higher multiplier, x2 just isn't enough, lol
8 - Jean Coutu, can hit this one over the holidays
9 - LCBO, pick one of the wines for my BIL

DH's card:
1 - Sobeys, regular groceries
2 - Metro - flowers for wifey heheheh
3 - Shell fill-up
4 - Foodland, regular groceries
5 - Staples - always need new printer ink
6 - Children's Place - 3 boys always growing, always need new "dark blue" pants for school uniform
7 - AM Shops, again, waiting for good multiplier
8 - Rexall

You all know i have the historical info regarding all of these promos and that i would HAVE to pull up the info about the BMO Mastercard coupon :P Here you go!
  • MM 2017 - 25 transaction, no minimum spend required
  • StB 2017 - 25 transaction, no minimum spend required
  • MM 2018 - 20 transactions, no minimum spend
  • StB 2018 - 20 transaction, no minimum spend
  • MM 2019 ** this is where the change started! - Threshold spend of $250 at partners
Answers to questions already asked:
  • No minimum spend per transaction, just need to keep track of the TOTAL spend over the 6 week time frame
  • You need to use your card at SPONSORS stores IN STORE, not online
  • Mastercard assigns a code to MERCHANTS and not what you buy there so yes, buy gift cards and it will count
  • This is a ONE bonus per card, you'll earn either 50 for spending at least $350 OR 100 miles if you spend over $750 but that's all, you can't earn anything more than 100 miles
  • Go ahead and use your MasterCard to complete one of the other offers -- Buy your Metro flowers with this card and it will count towards both offers
Let me know if there's anything else you think isn't clear.
Regarding the underlined portion: where do you see the restriction that it has to be used in the physical store and not online?

I may be able to make it work 7 on two cards. The rona/lowes buys ( $12 for the construction glue each store) is a cheap buy. They would be my only buys to chase miles. I could find a use for it eventually.

Shell $10 (gift cards) *2
Rona $12 glue *2
Lowes $12 glue *2
Metro *2 (hoping they eventually have a spend miles one)
Rexall *2
Children's place *2 (I'm going to miss this one when my kids are too big for the clothes)
Bmo on one
HBC on the other

*edit - If I do an Am shop ($100) at staples with my bmo card, would that kill two birds and get me $100 towards the bmo spend? That would be awesome as I need to buy another gaming chair.

Hi Hon
Thanks for the idea about the glue at Ronas and Lowes
My youngest son is always building things.(stocking stuffer).
Just a heads up Rona requires a coupon BUT Lowes does not for the glue.
Thanks again
Hugs
Mel

Regarding the underlined portion: where do you see the restriction that it has to be used in the physical store and not online?
It's not written down anywhere explicitly so I'll remove that line of information. I'm going from a previous experience that someone else had over one of these promos that they ended up needing to fight over with both Airmiles & Mastercard. AM will always defer the credit card offers to the credit card company themselves and then MC fell back on the small detail of "Click on the categories below to find partners near you " claiming that the inferred reference to using the card IN STORE was enough to not honour some charges as valid.

Since i REFUSE to spread information that I'm not able to provide direct proof for, I apologize for any confusion this might have caused for anyone. We won't be risking using our card for anything other than in-store purchases because, like i mentioned before, we get better return on our AMEX and I'll be tracking the amount we charge and then the MC goes back into my wallet.

It's not written down anywhere explicitly so I'll remove that line of information. I'm going from a previous experience that someone else had over one of these promos that they ended up needing to fight over with both Airmiles & Mastercard. AM will always defer the credit card offers to the credit card company themselves and then MC fell back on the small detail of "Click on the categories below to find partners near you " claiming that the inferred reference to using the card IN STORE was enough to not honour some charges as valid.

Since i REFUSE to spread information that I'm not able to provide direct proof for, I apologize for any confusion this might have caused for anyone. We won't be risking using our card for anything other than in-store purchases because, like i mentioned before, we get better return on our AMEX and I'll be tracking the amount we charge and then the MC goes back into my wallet.
Thank you for the information. Certainly no need to apologize. All these experiences are important to note. I just thought that I wasn’t looking in the correct spot for the terms and conditions. It made me start to wonder what else I was getting wrong lol!!

Of course there's a coupon for 300 miles with the purchase of a Dewalt miter saw at Lowe's two weeks after I bought a Dewalt miter saw there...

This one is going to be a tough one for me. I can easily get Shell, Lowes and Airmilesshops. LCBO should be an easy one as well. Lots of maybes - Staples for Christmas cards, Rexall if I can hold out to buy epsom salt, Budget since my husband might be going out of town for work, Metro if I make it out there, and can find some Christmas greenery for not too expensive, and the Children's place assuming I can find things I like at a good price. I might also do our grocery shopping at Foodland one week if I'm only short one partner.

I just did the Metro catering. $25 for 50.
The hot food section worked. Pizza is on for $10, bag of chicken strips for the kids to snack on (pa day tomorrow) and a side $5.

Plus spend 95 am for 25 back starting today for 4 days ( not the best offer but whatever.

Also had a $50 spend for 25. So not bad.

So let me get this straight...you just purchased $25 worth of stuff at the hot food counter for the catering coupon?

So let me get this straight...you just purchased $25 worth of stuff at the hot food counter for the catering coupon?

lol yes. We love the pizza/chicken strips/sweet potato fries. It's something we get once a week already. So $25 for dinner and lunch tomorrow for the kids while I'm at work, isn't bad. I already shop at Metro as it's my closest store. So for a $52 shop I got 104 miles. And a check for STB

I just did the Metro catering. $25 for 50.
The hot food section worked. Pizza is on for $10, bag of chicken strips for the kids to snack on (pa day tomorrow) and a side $5.

Plus spend 95 am for 25 back starting today for 4 days ( not the best offer but whatever.

Also had a $50 spend for 25. So not bad.
What code showed up on the receipt or what showed on the receipt. Just so that others know what to look for when they do the offer.

Everyone, when you post about an offer that you completed it would be useful to report what showed up on the receipt. ie a code #, the actual AM etc.
Metro Catering 50
THANKS! I'll be adding all of these reports to a post on the first page. Currently picking away at filling out all of the opening posts ... might need to have a drink (or 6) when I'm done :crazy2:

here’s my little funny for the day:

my wife is figuring out air miles and she wants to get involved in earning towards disney. so i told her about these big events and she is excited to get it done. well i put together a list of our shops and explained that we won’t buy more than we usually do
THANKS! I'll be adding all of these reports to a post on the first page. Currently picking away at filling out all of the opening posts ... might need to have a drink (or 6) when I'm done :crazy2:

just make sure you buy it with an LCBO coupon! :rotfl:

but also thank you so much for all your work, these threads are always so helpful for big events and your work is so appreciated

here’s my little funny for the day:

my wife is figuring out air miles and she wants to get involved in earning towards disney. so i told her about these big events and she is excited to get it done. well i put together a list of our shops and explained that we won’t buy more than we usually do

just make sure you buy it with an LCBO coupon! :rotfl:

but also thank you so much for all your work, these threads are always so helpful for big events and your work is so appreciated
I WOULD but i actually can't drink anything other than water & lactose free milk .....

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I enjoy doing this and love knowing that I'm helping others. It does take me a fair bit of time to get these bigger promos started but I've created a few word documents with the common information so i cut & paste as much as I'm able to BUT when hubby keeps popping in and out of my office (aka what was our son's bedroom complete with the Disney wallpaper borders!) I lose my place and things post all wonky and then i need to fix it!

I WOULD but i actually can't drink anything other than water & lactose free milk .....

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I enjoy doing this and love knowing that I'm helping others. It does take me a fair bit of time to get these bigger promos started but I've created a few word documents with the common information so i cut & paste as much as I'm able to BUT when hubby keeps popping in and out of my office (aka what was our son's bedroom complete with the Disney wallpaper borders!) I lose my place and things post all wonky and then i need to fix it!

Nothing says classy like lactose-free milk in a wine/martini/highball glass! hehe

God love spouses who care and try, but sometimes don't quite get it. My wife is so excited to participate in an air miles event but all she's helped with before are things like Blue Friday shops. So when she saw the list of places we needed to shop for this event she looked at me like I was off my rocker...she thought we had to do them all in one week!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter