Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

Up bright and early today--had an ultrasound appointment at 8:oo am.
Revised plan 1 card 7 shops.
:moped::moped::moped::moped::moped::moped::moped::moped::moped::moped::moped::moped::moped:

Hello Shell--no booklets that's ok I have the printed coupon--what's that the code isn't working........ok I'll come back later.......................

Good Morning Metro...No Booklets ...that's ok I have a printed coupon...what's that no Metro gift baskets ,,,ok I'll come back later.........................

Hello Sobeys ---No booklets ...that's ok I printed my own,,,,,,what's that your not sure I can buy two planters with the coupon...well let's try and if the coupon doesn't work we are canceling the order.....yes I am operating on NO coffee..........
YEAH it had to be manually input but it worked
Promo code 6. (spend $50.00 get 5x the airmiles).
So 1 offer done.

Picked up $350.00 in Gas ,Disney and Coffee cards to do me well into the New Year..BMO offer. Remember to Opt in first.
So 2 offers done.....

Son called he will be doing a $100.00 airmiles shop for me soon...YEAH!!
So 3 offers done!

Rona for Lepage's construction glue $11.99
Printed on the receipt Bonus Code#1058=20 Airmiles
So 4 offers done!

You can search LCBO prices here
A bottle of Amarula for secret santa gift
Price $38.95 1140 ml bottle
20 bonus airmiles no coupon needed
receipt says:
So 5 offers done!

great job Mel
Where did you get the Disney gift cards from ? Maybe I should do these to meet my bmo and pay off my dues ?

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/sto...tYHJunN2fPHnqWYb6iXk2V4thGGKMCP7yRvypmsoac%3D
I know it's best to wait for this promo but today was a good day for me to try.
Happy shopping everyone.
Hugs
Mel

I ordered the lasagna from metro for two Mondays from now we leave the wed for Tampa so it will be dinner Monday and lunches Tuesday . So I’m done 1. Ha ha
And I signed big kid up for rewarding your surveys so I guess technically I did 2..

Just clarifying: I can buy $100 worth of books through airmilesshops at amazon, and it still counts as a buy even though amazon itself won't award airmiles for books.
Editted to add: what about buying gift cards? Will the airmilesshop count? (again, no amazon AM)
My gut feeling will be that a solid MAYBE on the books triggering the airmiles coupon - I can't find anything that will neither confirm nor deny this and I know for a fact that buying Amazon gift cards doesn't work. BUT I do know a couple of work-arounds that will allow you to get the miles! I have noticed that when i add money to a gift card that's sitting in my account i get miles, NOT adding a new one, but topping up the one that I already have in my account (i add the little piddly amount from pre-paid visa cards that are about to expire to this so i don't lose the value!) DOES earn miles. SOOOoo do one of these 2 things : add money to a gift card in your account directly if you have one OR if you don't have one already buy a gift card elsewhere using your Mastercard (if you have one?) and that will work towards that $350 threshold. Also I've noticed that if my Amazon order contains a bunch of different things (including ones on the excluded list) it will trigger the miles for the entire order so mabe toss in something along with the books?
Air Miles doesn't care what payment is made, correct? I have $100 cash miles. I can meet my minimum required spend (say Foodland $50); pay using $50 CASH MILES and I should still receive the 50 bonus miles PLUS count as my STB purchase, yes?
100% confirm that this is NOT a problem! Here's the details directly from the back of the coupon "AIR MILES® Cash redemptions qualify towards this offer's purchase requirement"
4 - Foodland -- again wait until stuff I want is on sale but use existing cash miles to pay if it will still count as a STB?
6 - Metro -- Probably the catering menu - again, I'd like to use existing cash miles to pay if it will count as a STB?
6 - airmilesshop at Chapters - can we still order gift cards and get miles for them? If so, I need a $50 and two $25's
Not able to provide direct proof from Metro regarding the use of cash miles because it doesn't clearly state it BUT it does say you can combine with other Airmiles offers so why not do it this weekend when there is already a bonus for redeeming?
Yes on the Indigo gift cards earning miles still

*edit - If I do an Am shop ($100) at staples with my bmo card, would that kill two birds and get me $100 towards the bmo spend? That would be awesome as I need to buy another gaming chair.
Yes, since Staples is a listed partner on the BMO website, buy in the game chair with that card will trigger both the Staples coupon and the $100 towards that threshold spend! Way to double-dip!

flower_petals said:
*edit - If I do an Am shop ($100) at staples with my bmo card, would that kill two birds and get me $100 towards the bmo spend? That would be awesome as I need to buy another gaming chair.
Yes, since Staples is a listed partner on the BMO website, buy in the game chair with that card will trigger both the Staples coupon and the $100 towards that threshold spend! Way to double-dip!
And if you shopped thru the airmiles shop online wouldn't it trigger that one as well so you would get three with 1 purchase? I don't know how long the chair is on sales since I see that Staples doesn't start until Dec.

I did my first one at Sobeys today.

Receipt says "marketing promo 6" at the top (first line) and "Shop the block x miles" after the "1 am for every $20 x miles" line before subtotal.
Yea I tried to do the Sobey's one today but I wasn't at home before I went shopping so I didn't have the online printed coupon and they had none in the store. I went to customer service and she said there was a delay and the books weren't coming until tomorrow but that was okay since the promo didn't start until Nov 15th. I said no it started today but again I had no access to a printer to print my own coupon and I needed the groceries. Good thing I shop at Sobey's all the time. It is my store that I can walk to.

Donald must be busy working on the updates for the first page so I'll remind everyone. Slow down. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Wait until others have reported success before running out to get everything done. As bababear has mentioned a number of the offers aren't up and running yet in the stores. Patience! will bring success.
You win the prize of the day!
It will take me several hours to get the first page up-to-speed with all of the information that i now have access to - you all know that I insist on providing direct links, exact quotes and screen shots to back up all of my posts!!! It also takes my brain a bit of time to absorb the material & then I need to pull up my files and put the information into some semblance of order.

Yup, slow & steady will win the race this time. Read thru the thread, see what others have tried and what has worked (as well as any epic failures!)

I'll let you all know when the first page is fully populated but feel free to take a look now and see if there's anything you'd like me to stick up there. If you need to ask me a specific question either tag me or quote one of my messages -- i keep an eye on that little bell and respond to those ASAP

And if you shopped thru the airmiles shop online wouldn't it trigger that one as well so you would get three with 1 purchase? I don't know how long the chair is on sales since I see that Staples doesn't start until Dec.
Yes, it would trigger both the Airmiles shop and the Staples coupons, I can confirm both of those but like i mentioned earlier this morning, I'm not 100% sure that this would count towards your MasterCard threshold spend.

My gut feeling will be that a solid MAYBE on the books triggering the airmiles coupon - I can't find anything that will neither confirm nor deny this and I know for a fact that buying Amazon gift cards doesn't work. BUT I do know a couple of work-arounds that will allow you to get the miles! I have noticed that when i add money to a gift card that's sitting in my account i get miles, NOT adding a new one, but topping up the one that I already have in my account (i add the little piddly amount from pre-paid visa cards that are about to expire to this so i don't lose the value!) DOES earn miles. SOOOoo do one of these 2 things : add money to a gift card in your account directly if you have one OR if you don't have one already buy a gift card elsewhere using your Mastercard (if you have one?) and that will work towards that $350 threshold. Also I've noticed that if my Amazon order contains a bunch of different things (including ones on the excluded list) it will trigger the miles for the entire order so mabe toss in something along with the books?

100% confirm that this is NOT a problem! Here's the details directly from the back of the coupon
"AIR MILES® Cash redemptions qualify towards this offer's purchase requirement"

Not able to provide direct proof from Metro regarding the use of cash miles because it doesn't clearly state it BUT it does say you can combine with other Airmiles offers so why not do it this weekend when there is already a bonus for redeeming?
Yes on the Indigo gift cards earning miles still

Metro, I redeem at Metro during promos and have always received all the airmiles. No proof from today though.

Staples, this would be a triple dip if it works, airmilesshops offer, staples offer, $ toward BMO $350. However, this is where I was burnt a couple of years ago, BMO offer partners meant in-store only. YMMV, no proof for this year. The purchase I had a problem with two years ago was Staples online.

Amazon, if you want to be safe, order the books from Chapters. Fineprint for airmilesshops coupon says "when you make an eligible purchase" and books are not an eligible purchase at Amazon. You may get through on a loophole but it's not a valid purchase.

Back of airmilesshops STB coupon:

Codes? When you have a moment. Thanks.

Hi Hon
1. Sobeys =Marketing Promo 6
2. L.C.B.O=no code nothing on the receipt--this one worries me a bit till the 20 airmiles posts in my airmiles account.
**Airmiles for L.C.B.O posted in my account Nov 15. (one day after shop).
14 Nov 19
LCBO
MEADOWVALE TOWN CTRSTANDARD OFFER+1
14 Nov 19
LCBO
MEADOWVALE TOWN CTRAMARULA CREAM+20

3. Rona=Bonus code 1058 (1) x 20 miles 20
4. BMO=Opt in only no code
5. Airmiles Shop=no bonus code
6. Shell= Opt in =not sure if there will be anything on the receipt but I'll post tomorrow when I fill up.
Shell Update: Shell 25L gas get 5 airmiles *PROMO 90* posted on receipt

7. Rexall I will post later in Dec 2.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Hi all, looking for confirmation that the 5x multiplier for the Sobeys offer applies to just base points, or base and bonus points? I thought it just applied to the base points but someone told me she was speaking to a Sobeys employee who told her the multiplier applied to both the base and bonus points...

@ElCray It's just the base points. Could you imagine what kind of a deal it would be on a Blue Friday if it were both.

@Donald - my hero Code for Shell gas Promo 940, in-store Promo 939, same as last year. The cashier at the Shell I went to said the coupons weren't scanning properly so he had the two codes ready to go on the cash (pre-programmed?). Both codes appear in the body of the receipt. Towards the bottom of the receipt it says "5 Miles - Shop the Block Fuel Offer"

@ElCray It's just the base points. Could you imagine what kind of a deal it would be on a Blue Friday if it were both.

@Donald - my hero Code for Shell gas Promo 940, in-store Promo 939, same as last year. The cashier at the Shell I went to said the coupons weren't scanning properly so he had the two codes ready to go on the cash (pre-programmed?). Both codes appear in the body of the receipt. Towards the bottom of the receipt it says "5 Miles - Shop the Block Fuel Offer"
Thought so. Thank you!! Now how to break it to my friend. The employee even wrote on her receipt she was owed 500-some points...

Got gas at Shell at about 9:30 ET this morning ["low fuel" light has been on for a couple days and I was waiting to STB to start (fortunately a short commute) to fill up, so had no choice about timing].

The coupon would not scan in store -- neither the printed coupon from the STB website nor the coupon from the booklet that they had. Cashier entered the code manually but all that showed up are lots of question marks (literally) and no bonus miles showing, only the base mile. I am assuming it didn't "take" with the STB promo.

Not amused because I don't know if I will use enough gas before the promotion is over to have to fill up again. Though the drive to Foodland will help in that department :-)

SW

Stopped for gas on my way home, they had booklets which was good since I didn't have a coupon! I did opt in but wanted to pay inside since I still had one of the Sobeys coupons for cents off. The guy in the store had the code so it seems to have worked. I will get gas once more before the time is up any way. As for the rest, we'll see I guess!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter