Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

Just a question about the BMO offer: Can I buy $350 worth of third-party gift cards from Sobeys and they would count?

Yes BMO-Opt in offer
I did that today.(Shell GC,Disney GC and Coffee GC bought at one of BMO's partner shops).
$350.00 charged on the card and paid off when I got home.
https://shoptheblock.ca/en/partner_...4.1888042275.1573498269-191859698.1572298724#Look under partner offers
https://bmoairmilesmastercard.airmi...82.1888042275.1573498269-191859698.1572298724Regards
Mel

Got gas at Shell at about 9:30 ET this morning ["low fuel" light has been on for a couple days and I was waiting to STB to start (fortunately a short commute) to fill up, so had no choice about timing].

The coupon would not scan in store -- neither the printed coupon from the STB website nor the coupon from the booklet that they had. Cashier entered the code manually but all that showed up are lots of question marks (literally) and no bonus miles showing, only the base mile. I am assuming it didn't "take" with the STB promo.

Not amused because I don't know if I will use enough gas before the promotion is over to have to fill up again. Though the drive to Foodland will help in that department :-)

SW
Depending of the size of your vehicle. You only need to put 25L in to use the coupon. DH got mad at me because I told him to only pump 25L. I have a fill up 4x get 100AM this month as well. Not filling the car throws off his mileage calculations or something like that. Oh well.

Depending of the size of your vehicle. You only need to put 25L in to use the coupon. DH got mad at me because I told him to only pump 25L. I have a fill up 4x get 100AM this month as well. Not filling the car throws off his mileage calculations or something like that. Oh well.

Tank is just under 40 L, which is about 400 km depending on city vs highway ratio. So I'll need to rack up about 250+ km... I just record and reset the trip counter, so no effect on mileage calculation since I have the numbers needed.

I may just go for the spend $10 in store option in a few days.

Ugh. Having a tough time with this year's shop the block. Requirements are tough for me. I rarely shop at Metro/Sobeys/Foodland so a $50 grocery shop is tough for me - most things are more expensive than my usual stores.

For me:
1. Rexall
2. Shell
3. Miss Fresh
4. $25 Metro catering
5. Global Pet Foods $50
6. Rewarding your opinions
7. Sobeys/Metro/Foodland $50

DH:
1. Rexall
2. Shell
3. Miss Fresh
4. $25 Metro catering
5. $100 Amazon.ca
7. Sobeys/Metro/Foodland $50 or Lowe's construction glue (still have two from last promo)

Ugh. Having a tough time with this year's shop the block. Requirements are tough for me. I rarely shop at Metro/Sobeys/Foodland so a $50 grocery shop is tough for me - most things are more expensive than my usual stores.

For me:
1. Rexall
2. Shell
3. Miss Fresh
4. $25 Metro catering
5. Global Pet Foods $50
7. Sobeys/Metro/Foodland $50

DH:
1. Rexall
2. Shell
3. Miss Fresh
4. $25 Metro catering
5. $100 Amazon.ca
7. Sobeys/Metro/Foodland $50 or Lowe's construction glue (still have two from last promo)
You have mentioned Metro as a $50 shop ... that's not one of their coupons, the catering one you have in #4 is correct but it's not included in the threshold under #7

I created a Samsung account a while back for either Mega Miles or Shop the Block but I decided not to do it and didn’t link my AM number. I am doing it this time since 100 AM is a good return with $0. I entered my AM number and clicked on the lock icon to lock it. Am I done? Is it complete? No place to save anything. Do I have to download the App? I have an iPhone so I can’t download the App. Do I need a back up but the reason I am doing this offer because I don’t want to spend the $. How long will the 100 AM be posted so I know it is done properly? TIA!

I've done a bunch of updates to the posts on the first page and hopefully you'll be able to find answers to several questions that might pop up during the promo. If you still need some clarification feel free to tag me and I'll respond as soon as I'm able.

quick answer to the above post: that's all you need to do, no app to download, no reason to even use it meaning even apple users can do this. There's no way to actually confirm that it's complete and the time for the miles to post varies.

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think there's a chance to get some really decent return at metro this weekend with the following
  1. the shop the block coupon for buying a basket gives 25 miles
  2. there's an offer in the flyer for buying an irresistible basket gives another 20 miles
  3. and use 95 cash miles get another 25 miles

total miles 70 miles. The flyer offer says irresistible and the StB says metro but I think that's the same thing? Anyone willing to take one for the team??

Yesterday I was trying to explain how the STB promo works to my hubby. He knows I like collecting Air Miles and I have even got him doing it for gas and other things here and there with his own card BUT this is his first big bonus promo. By the end of the explanation we were both laughing out loud at how ridiculous all the rules are. He had so many questions, he started to laugh around question 5 and we ended up making fun of the insanity of STB for a good long while. Then I said to him "You know I collect PC Optimum too, right" and he was like "Stop, I cant take any more of this, my brain cant handle it" LOL I tried to tell him how much more streamlined the PC program is but he changed the subject. I guess Shop The Block broke my husbands brain LOL!

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think there's a chance to get some really decent return at metro this weekend with the following
  2. there's an offer in the flyer for buying an irresistible basket gives another 20 miles

total miles 70 miles. The flyer offer says irresistible and the StB says metro but I think that's the same thing? Anyone willing to take one for the team??

PLUS I just found out late last night some people might have another Metro offer on the AM APP. I checked and I do. Under notifications there's a 4 day only (14-17) offer of Get 105 bonus miles when you use 285 air miles cash miles. So $30 cash miles toss a couple other grocery items in the transacation to reach $30 pre-tax.

Do you think all 4 would stack?

I can't find the post to quote but someone mentioned buying a saw at Lowes that is now covered with the StB coupon. Lowes has basically no return policy....they will take anything back. I've gone in and had them adjust my receipt for various reasons and they do it without question. So go back in with the receipt and the StB coupon and ask for them to do a return and repurchase.

I'm going to Metro today. I'll see if they have any gift baskets yet, I didn't see any yesterday but I will look closer today. I was thinking about picking one up for the holidays so I'll give it a go if I can.

I checked my app and my cash offer for metro is use 190 get 70. I think it's based on how many cash miles you have in your account?? If this works I'll figure out someone to give the basket to 😜

I see no reason that they won't stack but the biggest problem with this is what I've highlighted. It also applies to the flyer offer btw so don't get upset when the miles don't print
Screenshot_20191115-085107_AIR MILES.jpg

I checked my app and my cash offer for metro is use 190 get 70. I think it's based on how many cash miles you have in your account?? If this works I'll figure out someone to give the basket to 😜

I see no reason that they won't stack but the biggest problem with this is what I've highlighted. It also applies to the flyer offer btw so don't get upset when the miles don't print
View attachment 452767

I've never had a problem with Metro (Ontario) posting for redemption, however it will be a couple of weeks

Lots of cash airmiles on our accounts and we didn't get this, although would have loved to have it. Checked both the airmiles app, Metro app and website account method.

Just sharing a few ideas
Sobeys ,Foodland shop ideas................................
getting creative:
Pharmacy purchases OTC (over the counter) meds ,tylenol,advil,cough syrup,cough drops,epsom salts, etc.

Paper stock up,,TP, Tissues,Paper towels,napkins etc.

Ice melter/salt.

Pick up some of those Starbucks coffee accessories and make your own gift bag/basket,,last year I made some Starbucks Gift Bags for 1/2 the instore Starbucks costs.(Add a $10 starbucks e-voucher (95 airmiles).

Seasonal floral,house plants for when we seem to be going through an endless snow season and no green insight.
I bought 2 evergreen planters for my backyard display at Sobeys.

Gift baskets,,I like dropping a large one off at the Seniors residence close to my work. I know my brother used to drop one off at his Dr. office because they are so overworked during the holiday season. Just think about who supports Your community.
Local Firehall would also be nice!

Seasonal bakery items for family & work get togethers.

Fresh fruit/Veggie/Pumpernickel bread & spinach dip.

*I'm NOT cooking Tonight* hot foods cooked and ready to go!

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I was caught off guard with the chilly weather and need some warm clothes,,I did a Airmiles shop last night at Old Navy and got 40% off of my entire order,,very happy.
I know I could have waited till better airmiles multiplier but hey when your cold your cold.:cold::cold::cold: and another STB done and recorded.
Hugs
Mel
1573832987134.png

Just sharing a few ideas
Sobeys ,Foodland shop ideas................................
getting creative:
Pharmacy purchases OTC (over the counter) meds ,tylenol,advil,cough syrup,cough drops,epsom salts, etc.

Paper stock up,,TP, Tissues,Paper towels,napkins etc.

Ice melter/salt.

Pick up some of those Starbucks coffee accessories and make your own gift bag/basket,,last year I made some Starbucks Gift Bags for 1/2 the instore Starbucks costs.(Add a $10 starbucks e-voucher (95 airmiles).

Seasonal floral,house plants for when we seem to be going through an endless snow season and no green insight.
I bought 2 evergreen planters for my backyard display at Sobeys.

Gift baskets,,I like dropping a large one off at the Seniors residence close to my work. I know my brother used to drop one off at his Dr. office because they are so overworked during the holiday season. Just think about who supports Your community.
Local Firehall would also be nice!

Seasonal bakery items for family & work get togethers.

Fresh fruit/Veggie/Pumpernickel bread & spinach dip.

*I'm NOT cooking Tonight* hot foods cooked and ready to go!

Hugs
Mel

Nice list. Yesterday I bought Rug Doctor pet carpet cleaner (carpet cleaner rental stand after checkouts) and Beer.

Epic fail on the Gift Basket. The store doesn't have them in yet. I asked about getting a raincheck for the AM and the CS rep said the items on the inner pages are reg items and the AM will still apply later. Ya right! Decided to do a $10 shop. Went to get Red Rose tea which is on sale and a woman right ahead of me got the last box. I'll try for that again tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter