Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

I haven't been able to find the books either. Metro told me they didn't even know about this. Our Metro is horrendous for AM offers, they are always behind.
Our Sobey’s is the same. Today we went in and there were no books that I could see . I went to shop but my Dh decided to take a closer look for the books. He came back to me and said “No books and the cashier has no idea what I was talking about .” I was honestly more surprised that he bothered to ask the cashier than the fact that she didn’t know about the promo. Our store is that bad for airmiles. I don’t think management trains them or even informs them of the airmiles promos so I can’t blame them . But I gave up long ago.:rolleyes:

Do we think there’s a chance of any offers being added as the promo goes on ? We went to LCBO tonight but only had a few minutes before picking up my son and we couldn’t find anything we wanted or that they had in stock. I’m wondering if I should hold out and see if they add any other offers to STB. I wish there was a use X amount of airmiles one that I could use .

That's a nice selection of gift baskets but I'm curious as to which ones would satisfy the StB coupon? The flyer offer specifically mentions Irresistible baskets but the coupon says "Metro" baskets. If i can get one of those MUCH cheaper ones i might think about getting one.
In the picture it’s looking like some are “gift sets” and the others are “gift baskets” so I’m guessing it’s those more expensive ones .

I have shopped at IGA in Quebec and never had this issue. I just insist they only use 95 cash miles, that I only want to use $10.00 off, no matter how many cash miles I have. What IGA were you shopping at?

Well now I am even more upset (not your fault). It was the IGA in Kirkland.

I only collect enough cash miles to use in promos like these so I am in no way an expert. I believed what they told me. In fact the cashier called someone else over (not sure if it was a supervisor or not) who confirmed that this was how it was done. I am glad that it wasn’t a larger amount. I will now just have to spend $20 at Jean Coutu instead of redeeming 95 airmiles for $10 off.

It was strange as I said that I wanted to redeem 95 airmiles but it seems like 190 were automatically deducted. Not sure what the cashiers have to do on their end. Perhaps it had something to do with the coupon having a choice of 95 or 190. Maybe without the coupon I would not have had this problem.

In any case I will not be taking any chances in the future.

(Snip) I must admit though if i have to use an exact amount for a coupon in these promos I will come as close to that mark as possible (the cashiers at our Rexalls tend to have a bet when i get to the till as to how close i am :P )

Unfortunately you can't ever get cash miles refunded so that cashier cost you a coupon and for that I apologize.

I will certainly come close to the mark for a coupon in the future!!!

By the way, why are you apologizing??? You’re too sweet!!!

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think there's a chance to get some really decent return at metro this weekend with the following
  1. the shop the block coupon for buying a basket gives 25 miles
  2. there's an offer in the flyer for buying an irresistible basket gives another 20 miles
  3. and use 95 cash miles get another 25 miles

total miles 70 miles. The flyer offer says irresistible and the StB says metro but I think that's the same thing? Anyone willing to take one for the team??

My Metro shop the Block
I bought one $24.99 gift basket irresistibles.
I had one spend threshold spend 30.00 get 15 bonus airmiles
I also bought 2 Teriyaki fit bowls (on sale) buy 2 get 10 airmiles.

My receipt says
Base airmiles earned 1
Bonus airmiles earned 30 (10 for the fit bowls and 20 for the irresistibles basket*in flyer promo*)
Bonus Offer earned 25
*Bonus Points Threshold $30.00 earned 15
Total airmiles earned 71

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:

well I'm happy to see that several of you are completing your coupons I'm a tiny bit sad to read how many of you have already shopped online. There WILL be several times that they will have multiplier offers for both the entire portal and the individual stores. To say nothing about all the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales all of the stores will have.

Please slow down and get more miles and save more money. That's my little soap box speech combined with my momma bear instincts for the day. Carry on

I HAD to shop at well.ca this weekend because what I needed was on sale (25% off on Playmobil) until tomorrow. I just added an extra 20$ in vitamins and Method soap (also on sale) to get my 100$ for STB. I prefer to save $$$ over getting a few more AM.

Well, I learned something new yesterday. Went to IGA and spent $25. Wanted to redeem 95 airmiles for $10 off. They redeemed 190 for $20 off as I had that amount available. Apparently you can’t ask for less if you have more available to cover your purchase. Lesson learned. Will be sure to keep any future purchases under the $20 amount if I only want to redeem $10. I wanted to use the other 95 at Jean Coutu but now don’t have enough available. On to plan B.

Just did the 95AM coupon at IGA Dorval yesterday and the cashier asked me if I wanted to use 95AM or 190AM so it is possible for them to use a partial amount.

I HAD to shop at well.ca this weekend because what I needed was on sale (25% off on Playmobil) until tomorrow. I just added an extra 20$ in vitamins and Method soap (also on sale) to get my 100$ for STB. I prefer to save $$$ over getting a few more AM.

THIS!! All the time for us as well! I was just wanting to remind people who are anxious to get their coupons done and might not have taken into account that they can both save more money and earn more miles if they wait a couple of weeks to shop online. I ordered some socks, a set of sheets and some undershirts for hubby from Hudson Bay last week (even though i knew the big promo would be launching) because everything was on sale and I found a code for an extra 20% off . I'm sure that I'll be able to put together at least one more $100 online transaction together over the next 6 weeks and if not, I won't be upset that i got some amazing sheets for a ridiculously low price!

Don't you love it when you're able to find things you need are on sale??!!!??!!! And it's just icing on the cake if you can earn miles at the same time.

Just did the 95AM coupon at IGA Dorval yesterday and the cashier asked me if I wanted to use 95AM or 190AM so it is possible for them to use a partial amount.

Me to Isabellea
I am so happy with the 40% my entire order at Old Navy and needed the warm clothes now that getting any extra Airmiles was kind of a secondary thought.
I am glad it counted for one of my Shop The Block spends though.
Hugs
Mel

In the picture it’s looking like some are “gift sets” and the others are “gift baskets” so I’m guessing it’s those more expensive ones .

That's a great point, that might be how they differentiate.

The store I took the pictures at only had the $34.99 Irresistible size, another had the $24.99 as well but haven't seen the $59.99 ones.

My big sobeys store didn’t have the booklets yesterday either! I ended up getting them at the lawton’s in the mall last night.
I got a booklet at the Sobeys at Larry Uteck on Friday, they were at every cash register but they were all turned so you could only see the blank white backs of the easel stands. I knew what they were and reached over to take one, otherwise I wouldn't have one yet either.

I was at Foodland yesterday and did my first shop since my vacation. I had a few personal offers to pick up, as well as the Shop the Block. There were NO coupon books in the store, and the cashiers had no clue about the program at all. I pulled up the coupon on my phone and had them scan it from there, and I have the "Shop the Block 24 miles" on the receipt. (how DOES 5X the miles = 24?) I spent 130.76 before tax of 1.99, got 177 AM. Not a bad day.

I then proceeded to go to LCBO and bought the 2 Moscato wines. When I checked today, I only had the instore 12 AM for the shop. I searched a bit farther and discovered I'd bought the Moscato Rosé, not the Moscato Rosé Sparkling....so I'll have to do another shop at LCBO at a different store that carries the wine. Darn! :rolleyes1(this is my current wine of choice and with Christmas coming and a DD living at home, this is not a chore at all. :rotfl:)

Took a drive to Van Kleek Hill in Ontario yesterday. Did:
1)Foodland: Shop the Block shows on receipt
2)Shell (in store offer which is not available in Quebec, don’t trust the gas offer, and need to purchase something on Amazon): Promo 939 shows on receipt
3)LCBO: Trying a new Pinot Grigio. The correct code for the bottle shows on receipt and bonus miles posted overnight!!
Hopped over to Grenville where there is an 4)IGA express. Made my minimum spend puchase. Promo Code 941 shows on receipt.

Much better experience than the previous day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts