Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

I should be able to squeak through doing 7 if a few extras show up....Sobey's, Metro, BMO, Shell, Global, Rexall, Airmilesshops

I usually find StB easy to do for both our cards but only because I take advantage of both QC and ON offers. The last two years I did:

ONTARIO:
Sobeys
Rexall
Foodland
LCBO

QUEBEC:
Shell
Jean Coutu
IGA
IGA Express
Rachelle-Bery

OTHERS:
BMO
Airmilesshops

Depending on the coupons for IGA, IGA Express and Jean Coutu, I might be able to help other people with theirs once I finished both our cards.

Not overly impressed with the offers this year. Not only is the bonus way lower, but I don't think I'll get as many miles from the actual purchases as the last two years.

Easy ones:
1/7 Shell
2/7 LCBO
3/7 Lowes (we're doing some renos at home, and I don't think I can go there and spend less than $160)
4/7 airmilesshop (assuming it's not a crazy high threshold)

Will need some planning:
5/7 Rexall - we rarely shop there. Hopefully there are a few different coupons that can be stacked to make it worthwhile
6/7 Metro/Foodland - not where we usually go for groceries, but might be able to make something work
7/7 The children's Place - Pretty high threshold, and we usually only buy things from there when they're on sale. Might get some Christmas PJs for my son, and maybe something for the baby

I've usually helped my dad get the full bonus, but I doubt he'll be able to shop at more than 3 places, so that sucks.

Should I set my miles to Cash for a bit? I think Metro usually has a cash miles promo, no?

I usually find StB easy to do for both our cards but only because I take advantage of both QC and ON offers. The last two years I did:

ONTARIO:
Sobeys
Rexall
Foodland
LCBO

QUEBEC:
Shell
Jean Coutu
IGA
IGA Express
Rachelle-Bery

OTHERS:
BMO
Airmilesshops

Depending on the coupons for IGA, IGA Express and Jean Coutu, I might be able to help other people with theirs once I finished both our cards.

Where do you go for Rexall? They don’t have one in Hawkesbury, do they?

If the promo starts nov 14 when do you think we will start seeing airmiles shops coupons ? In time for Black Friday ? Cyber Monday ?
I did last year but I don’t rem when

I was in Metro tonight and the cashier said they will be participating but they had no coupon books yet.

1200 instead of 2000 is significant for me.
I am not a fan of the multipliers (5x 2x etc) either.
I have a list for an airmileshop but could just shop elsewhere maybe.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :coffee: I need a cup of tea and a booklet in front of me to decide if I'm in on this Promo.

Hugs
Mel

Where do you go for Rexall? They don’t have one in Hawkesbury, do they?

We always visit Ottawa for one day during those big promos. We leave Mtl early, visit a museum, eat dinner at Montana's where I buy lots of BBQ sauce (I pay with an e-gift card I get with my cash AM) and then do our AM shopping at LCBO, Rexall and Sobey’s in Orleans. On the way back we sometimes stop at Metro in Casselman or Foodland at Vankleek Hill. A long day but I bribe my kids with a treat of their choice at each stop (except LCBO of course).

If the promo starts nov 14 when do you think we will start seeing airmiles shops coupons ? In time for Black Friday ? Cyber Monday ?
I did last year but I don’t rem when
If this promo follows all of the others, and i see no reason why it wouldn't, the "coupon" will more than likely be active as soon as the promo starts. Throughout the whole time frame there will be multipliers both on the entire site and for individual stores. Here's what happened last year:
Black Friday Early Access 10 X mutliplier November 19th -22nd
Black Friday/Cyber Monday 15X Mulitplier November 23rd - 26th
One Day Flash Offer of 10X Dec 10th ONLY
Boxing Week 5X Dec 26th - 31st

???
Is BMO usually a spend x number of $ and that = one partner done?
Can you combine that with an online airmileshop to = 2 partner shops done?
OR
A Grocery shop at Metro,Foodland?Sobeys?=2 partner shops done.
Hope that makes sense?

Thanks Mel

wowo your a chatty bunch today....:mic::mic::tongue:
But I think I am in the same boat as the rest of you. Tough for 7 on one card, 2 will Probably be spending on stuff I dont need, so not going there.

Last year we did set up a place where we could help each other out to fullfill some of the coupons. I know I was able to help out a few, and should be able to do the same this year. At least at shell and maybe LCBO,,gulp.
So maybe we could do the same once this is live.
Good luck all.

wowo your a chatty bunch today....:mic::mic::tongue:
But I think I am in the same boat as the rest of you. Tough for 7 on one card, 2 will Probably be spending on stuff I dont need, so not going there.

Last year we did set up a place where we could help each other out to fullfill some of the coupons. I know I was able to help out a few, and should be able to do the same this year. At least at shell and maybe LCBO,,gulp.
So maybe we could do the same once this is live.
Good luck all.
I thought the same thing.. turned my back for an hour and POOF an entire page of chatter! We love our promos!!

I already have a placeholder post for a list of DISers who are willing to help out others who are having trouble completing the coupons -- post #6 I'll update it as people mention they are able to help out

???
Is BMO usually a spend x number of $ and that = one partner done?
Can you combine that with an online airmileshop to = 2 partner shops done?
OR
A Grocery shop at Metro,Foodland?Sobeys?=2 partner shops done.
Hope that makes sense?

Thanks Mel
BMO has been testing out a bunch of different offer styles of late so it could be any one of those. Won't know until it's live.

Last year it was use your M/C 25 times (anywhere). This year they've had spend $x at participating retailers. Or spend $x at Sobeys/Foodland (for example)

We just returned from Disney this week and it’s been a whirlwind of back to work and catching up. I’m just seeing all of this stuff and starting to process it.
First of all... reduced to 1200...that sucks. No other way to put it.

I haven’t started my Christmas shopping, but I’m going to look carefully at the coupons and see if I can legitimately fit my purchases into the required purchases. I want to take a few years to build up that balance again for the next trip , so hopefully it all works.

Metro definitely has offers. I'm out in Bowmanville and got a booklet in advance. Here's my photos. Basically the same. They swapped out Sobeys and Foodland for Metro.

Oh, these turned sideways. Sorry. I don't know how to fix that...

Attachments

• 15731474607868596472954706282941.jpg
    15731474607868596472954706282941.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 15731474986577648536802516867177.jpg
    15731474986577648536802516867177.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 1573147508356139534006464547174.jpg
    1573147508356139534006464547174.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 39

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter