Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

correct everyone it's one offer per partner that will count towards the total number used. You're more than welcome to do more than one offer to get the miles for the coupon but only one will count.

once the website is live it will be easier to see because each partner will have all the coupons listed and you'll have the chance to keep track of what you've completed.

as soon as I'm able to I'll plunk down some screen shots on the first page to help explain!

This time I decided to approach it this way:

The first three earn 100 airmiles each, if I'd normally shop at three with a 100 airmile return, I will do 3. Return per offer, $10.52 (based on cash airmiles)
The next two earn 250 airmiles each, if there are two more that make sense I'll do them. Return per offer on extra 2, $26.32. Return per offer on 5, $16.82
The last two earn 200 airmiles each, again, I'll do them if they make sense. Return per offer on extra 2, $21.04. Return per offer on 7, $18.04.

Right now I have 7 sponsors on my list all $50 and under so they might all make sense but I'm waiting to see the flyers.

Last edited:

I'm going to be making this post several times over the next 6 weeks because I'm sure we'll get stragglers to the hunt. These are things that I feel are important to our family and i hope you take the time to ponder them as well:
  • The promo lasts for a full 6 weeks there's no need to rush through and finish in the first week
  • If possible, wait until the 2nd day of a coupon (or the entire promo for that matter) for the kinks to get ironed out by someone else! It doesn't look there aren't any gift card offers at Sobey's but those RARELY work properly until at least noon the first day
  • there is a need to do some Airmiles math this time around -- the big bonus is only worth $120 cash miles so we will NOT be spending anything beyond that amount and will do our best to come nowhere near that
  • PLEASE don't over-extend yourself just to say you've completed all 7 coupons, the return isn't worth it (ever!)
  • If you don't get the miles you expect from a coupon, unless it's for a massive amount, there is zero reason to contact AM before the bonus posts. It doesn't matter if they give you the miles they will NOT be attached to a coupon
And one last thing, AM doesn't care if you finish up in the first week, you will need to wait until the end of the promo and then another full 6 weeks for the final bonus.

Last edited:
words of wisdom :)

I'm going to be making this post several times over the next 6 weeks because I'm sure we'll get stragglers to the hunt. These are things that I feel are important to our family and i hope you take the time to ponder them as well:
  • The promo lasts for a full 6 weeks there's no need to rush through and finish in the first week
  • If possible, wait until the 2nd day of a coupon (or the entire promo for that matter) for the kinks to get ironed out by someone else! It doesn't look there aren't any gift card offers at Sobey's but those RARELY work properly until at least noon the first day
  • there is a need to do some Airmiles math this time around -- the big bonus is only worth $120 cash miles so we will NOT be spending anything beyond that amount and will do our best to come nowhere near that
  • PLEASE don't over-extend yourself just to say you've completed all 7 coupons, the return isn't worth it (ever!)
  • If you don't get the miles you expect from a coupon, unless it's for a massive amount, there is zero reason to contact AM before the bonus posts. It doesn't matter if they give you the miles they will NOT be attached to a coupon
And one last thing, AM doesn't care if you finish up in the first week, you will need to wait until the end of the promo and then another full 6 weeks for the final bonus.

Picked up a booklet today at Shell, Sobeys version, here are a few dates that aren't Nov14-Dec 27 (ones not listed are for full promo):

Rexall, 20 airmiles, Dec 2-15
Staples, 25 airmiles, Dec 3-23
Children's Place 5x, Nov 14-30, upto30 Dec 1-27
Rona/Lowes/Ace Nov 14-Dec 12
JiffyLube Nov14-Dec 15

Last edited:
Three more sleeps before "Shop the Block" goes live. Two if you're a night owl. Are you getting excited yet!

I remember my first Shop the Block in 2016. I remember having to ask Donald what "Shop the Block" was all about as people on the forum were talking about it an I didn't have a clue. We've come a long way since then. Donald started up this thread specifically dedicated to the promotion a few years ago and it has been a great resource for negotiating your way through the promotion.

Spending drought until Friday everyone.

I am definitely excited to just get a look at a booklet as no one around me seems to have one. I also want to see what the LCBO has as I just remembered I got a few LCBO e vouchers from Airmiles and can use them to purchase some products.
I am also wondering what BMO is offering???Hmmmm.....
Hugs
Mel

Yes! I was hoping there would be one of these. I will do it on mine and DH card. DS doesn't have enough Cash AM yet but I could do a Rexall shop and get enough for his account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts