Shore Excursion Recommendations for Grand Cayman and Cozumel?

CaliforniaMomOf2

Earning My Ears
Going on our first cruise ever with DD12 and DD14 who don't like to snorkel.
Any recommendations for fun shore excursions in Grand Cayman and Cozumel?
Wondering if Xplor Park is worth the long trip to get there.
Wondering about horseback riding in Cozumel.
Also curious about Playa Mia in Cozumel and Tiki Beach on Grand Cayman.
Totally open to suggestions - please help!
Thanks!!!

I did Playa Mia in Jan 2013. It was a fun day to play in the sun, splash in the pools, and relax on the beach. There was a buffet lunch that was fine. The food wasn't spectacular but it was fine and we all had plenty to eat.

The new waterpark area with all the slideshad just been opened but honestly I think it would not interest your two older kids. Mine were 15 mo and 3 yo. I think it is more for 8 yo and under.

There is still a very large swimming pool for them to play in, two water slides plus the beach. We did not go on the water toys in the ocean, as my kids really weren't old enough for that. It seems that area would be better for your kids.

We did the excursion through Disney, since this was our first cruise with two little ones and we weren't sure what to expect. If we go back again I will probably just take a taxi and go on our own as it would be much cheaper.

Check out the gallery of pictures on their website. It pretty much covers the different areas I remember them offering. If your kids think the pictures look like it would be fun, then it would probably be a good choice for you.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I saw this post in the pre-trip report board. If you post it on the main board you might get more responses. :)

I've been to both locations on a RC cruise. Stingray City in Grand Cayman is very cool. We booked with Moby Dick Tours, they were wonderful. www.mobydicktours.com Highly recommend them.

At Cozumel, we went to Passion Island Beach. This was the cheaper of a few we looked at. They had climbing stuff in the water, paddle boats, and drinks and food were included. I booked this through www.thisiscozumel.com They have alot of stuff to do there. We stop there on our DCL trip in September and we are looking to do tour of the ruins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter