Short dining reviews from a long weekend-allstar movies; hangar bar; nine dragons and more

Jgeauxmo

Mouseketeer
Short thoughts and dining reviews from our weekend trip. We were there for a long weekend 8/25-8/282. It was just me and my husband for an adults weekend to go to the first MNSSHP of the year. We usually travel with our three year old, eleven year old and my MIL so this was a very different style trip for us.

This was our first time ever at WDW with no ADRs and no dining plan. We would not do it this way with our kids, but for just me and my husband for the weekend it was fine. The biggest issue with not having the dining plan was actually seeing the $45 here and there at the food court.

Speaking of food courts we stayed at Allstar movies. We ate lunch there on Friday, our arrival day. My DH had the double bacon burger with fries. He really enjoyed it. I had the BBQ chicken sandwich. It had a friend onion ring on it with a grilled chicken breast and cheese. This was much better than expected. We also ate in the food court two out of our three mornings. We both had the grilled ham and cheese with tots both times. They were pretty good, but not anything special. This was our first time staying at a value resort I will admit that I didn’t love the hustle and bustle in the food court and I much preferred the selections at both CBR and CSR. We probably would not stay here again unless we got a super cheap deal like we did for the weekend.

We went to MK on Friday night and had the chicken and waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow. I thought the chicken was overcooked a little. But, the spicy chicken with the syrup and cold cole slaw on the waffle was a perfect combination. We also split some corn dog nuggets and a chili cheese dog from Casey’s later in the night. I love these corn dog nuggets! But, unfortunately after eating clean for about three months leading up to the trip my stomach did not. This kind of shaped the way I would eat for the next few days (no more fried food).

We had lunch at Typhoon lagoon on Saturday. We both had chicken wraps from leaning palms. They tasted fresh and it was nice that they were cool on a very hot day.

Saturday night we had dinner at Hangar bar. OMG this is one of our new favorite places! Our waitress was amazing and recommended the BLT flatbread and the beef sliders. The BLT flatbread had pest extremely fresh yellow and red tomatoes, argula , grilled shrimp and bacon. It was to die for!! I wish I had another right now. The sliders were like mini French dip po-boys. They were super good as well. The sliders came with bacon fries which were different but went untouched. The portions were very big for appetizers and filled us up. My husband had two reggie’s revenge which really did taste like adult capri suns. I had a couple different wines which hit the spot. We would definitely return!

On Sunday we headed to Epcot and had breakfast at Sunshine seasons. We had the breakfast panini and spilt some yogurt. The panini was good and had a lot of oregno on the bread which was different. We then stopped in La Cava for some drinks and chips and dip. The guacamole was super fresh and I had my absolute favorite drink at WDW…the avocado margarita. I think I dream about this drink. We then stopped in Tangerine café a few hours later and split the sliders plate. Our favorite was the lamb. The falafel was a little dry. I saw the worst looking burger and chicken nuggets I have ever seen served here and would definitely steer clear.

For dinner we walked into Nine Dragons without an ADR and were seated right away. I had the pepper beef. The beef was super tender and I loved the brown sauce. My DH had the kun pao chicken with fried rice. He thought it was very good and loved the peanuts. Our meal here was only $40 which was cheaper than our lunch at the food court the first day so that was exciting. Overall, we have a very good Chinese food place at home that just closed. The food was almost exactly the same. DH had been requesting a lunch reservation here for several trips and this finally cured him of that. Its not somewhere we have to come back to but it would work great in a pinch.

Great reviews. We had drinks at the Hangar Bar last year, but were too full from lunch to try the food, but I thought everything looked great on their menu.

Nine Dragons used to get almost no mentions and now I'm seeing it come up more often. For that price, it can't hurt to go try it so I'm putting it in the line up for my next trip. Thanks!

Thank-you for this , we will make our first time visit on our next trip in June . It is good to see we will have what sounds like good food and a fun time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter