Short Disney Honeymoon in October...Tips?

Dranaan

Earning My Ears
Hi - My husband and I will be in Disney the last weekend of October, having a short honeymoon to celebrate our recent wedding. I am looking for good tips to make the trip special - we've both been there many times before, with family and together, but this time is our mini-moon! Also, we will be attending the Epcot Food and Wine Festival for the first time. We already have reservations for the Bistro Cuisine dinner Friday night, but we are looking for good Festival tips.
Any help is appreciated, especially WDW secrets, good things to buy (like should we get the bride and groom mouse ears?), foods not to miss, etc. And, if anyone knows good tips for asking for upgrades, please please let me know - due to the cost of the wedding, we had to cut alot of corners on this trip, and I'd like to make this as special for my husband as possible -it's only since we've been together that he's been able to experience Disney as an adult. He doesn't read the board, so all your tips will be surprises for him! Thanks all!! Great board - I am so glad I found it!!!:sunny:

One of the "can't miss" stops for me is the Tempura Restaurant in Japan. Every trip we eat lunch there and are never dissappointed. The food is fabulous and the service even better! You will love the Food and Wine Festival. We were there 2 years ago, and it was fun. Lots of different foods to try. Enjoy your trip!

Just got back from Honeymoon in June and like you my DH and I have been to WDW both apart and together before. I planned a slower pace for our Honeymoon to make it more special We also explored some new places and saw some shows we have never seen before. We went to La Noube at DD West Side one of the nights and I can't recommend it enough! It was the best show that we have ever seen and was totally worth the money:) In Epcot aside from the food and wine festival if you have time and like authentic Mexican cuisine then I would recommend that you eat at the San Angel Inn in the Mexico pavillion. It is located inside of the pavillion but it looks like you are dining underneath a night sky with the Mexico boat ride going through the restaraunt and an erupting volcano and the restaraunt itself is very dimly lit it all makes it very romantic.

For my honeymoon, I did all the special stuff for my DH. I research and make sure the things I do are off-beat. Here are some suggestions -

Free boat ride at nite from MK/ Contemporary (to Fort Wilderness or round trip). We're the only one, so it's almost like a private cruise.

Sat at the beach in Poly to watch fireworks.

Resort hopping, see GF, Poly, Contemporary, BW, WL...etc.

Behind the Seed tour in Epcot ($6 per person). He loved it. Very informative.

And pick one late, good sit down dinner. :) Or room service.
:D

Have fun there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter