Short trip to WDW - ticket tips

sussex

Earning My Ears
Hi

We are visiting Orlando for a few days at the end of a cruise - we last visited about 10 years ago. We are looking at 2 (or poss 3) days at the main parks and one water park (do Virgin still do check in at Downtown Disney? - plan to do water park on last day shower then drive to airport).

Only seen one place (orlandoattractions) where I can buy individual tickets - but this works out at almost the same cost as a Disney 14 days for the price of 7 ticket which is crazy!

Any ideas? Thank you

Yes Virgin do check in at Downtown Disney still. Pass in terms of ticket prices - we did just one day in 2020 on the way to a cruise and it was incredibly expensive.

Have you looked at Undercover Tourist? I've used them 3 times - go to website and they show you all the tickets they offer for the Orlando area. If 2 days or less it's usually the same price as Disney direct. However, they are reliable and immediately give you the ticket number to "upload" into MDE.

Thank you! Bonkers that 2 days is basically the price of 14!

Very out of touch - what is MDE? And we should be eligible for disability concessions - is this basically like genie+ (if I can work out what that is - think is it an app version of the old fastpass system but you have to pay for it?)

Thank you! Bonkers that 2 days is basically the price of 14!

Very out of touch - what is MDE? And we should be eligible for disability concessions - is this basically like genie+ (if I can work out what that is - think is it an app version of the old fastpass system but you have to pay for it?)

MDE is My Disney Experience - its an app and a website where you have all your info in one place such as park tickets, hotels, park bookings (in case you haven't spotted you currently have to book the park you are going to) etc.

With DAS it works in a similar way to genie+ yes. If you arrange in advance (done via a virtual interview 30 days before you travel) you can prebook 2 rides a day (not lightening lane ones though)

Also not sure if you are aware that park hopping currently isn't allowed til after 2pm - just mentioning in case that changes your mind about how many days.

Usually the 7/14 day tickets work out around the same price as 3/4 day US tickets - one of the few perks brits get. Also with the longer ticket you do get the photo pass included which isn't on the single tickets (you can purchase as an add on)

Thank you - I guess we will probably buy the 14day UK ticket - land Fort Lauderdale on 9th Aug fly home evening of the 13th. Was going to hold off purchasing for a bit - did I see somewhere that prices increase at the end of Jan??

Cruises are still messed up with Covid so do not want to have to cancel/rearrange too much if we find out that our San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale cruise is cancelled/dates change/routed elsewhere.

Thank you - I guess we will probably buy the 14day UK ticket - land Fort Lauderdale on 9th Aug fly home evening of the 13th. Was going to hold off purchasing for a bit - did I see somewhere that prices increase at the end of Jan??

Cruises are still messed up with Covid so do not want to have to cancel/rearrange too much if we find out that our San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale cruise is cancelled/dates change/routed elsewhere.
If you are only planning on going for 3 days to Disney World, you can get a 3 day base ticket for £291.08 going on 10th August from Orlando Attractions. That'll be around £150 per ticket cheaper than the 14 day UK ticket. You don't get park hopping or water parks though, but it is something to consider.

In hindsight that does look like a better plan - just under that price for 2 days plus water parks which is what we want....or £310 with hopper & water parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter