Shortage of "Total" cereal?

tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
Made our rounds between Walmart and our local grocery chain today, no Total at either store. Had to go to Target later, looked there, no Total there either.
Walmart and our local chain had end cap displays of Wheaties. So I come home and Google Total shortage, and I learn there IS a cereal shortage, but of Wheaties!
Anyone else notice a lack of Total, or Wheaties for that matter at your store?

I recently looked for Total and didn't see it, either. I seldom eat cereal, but I got it in my head that I wanted Total. When I didn't see it, I just figured that it was no longer in production. Now I'm wondering what's going on.

I read that there is a trucker shortage. They are trying to lure more drivers and also working on driverless semis which just seems creepy.

I don't know about Total cereal, but I have the Walmart app on my phone and it tracks me when I enter Walmart's parking lot. It alerts the store employees so that they have time to run out and pull everything I normally buy off the shelf and hide it. I swear it takes me 3 months just to buy deodorant and when I do buy it, I buy 4 or 5 at a time because it is empty all the time. It's that way with everything I buy at Walmart.

I've heard of the trucker shortage, but wonder if it's a cereal that might be discontinued? Kroger and Target were well stocked this weekend when I was in the cereal isle. Didn't notice Total as I wasn't looking for it.

I have noticed the past few times I shopped the cereal aisle the stores here have changed the organizational plan of the aisle. The first time I didn't recognize the issue, thinking it was simply that I haven't been in charge of the main grocery runs for a while. The next time through it dawned on me why it was that I felt like some type of grocery shopping newbie -- the cereals are no longer grouped by brand. Some are now grouped by type, but not all. I could not find the cereal my daughter had requested and I could not determine what the organizational theory behind the arrangement of the cereal on the shelves after probably close to ten minutes up and down the aisle.

Having spent such an extended time in the aisle I can say with reasonable certainty there was no Total on the shelves, despite the fact I wasn't shopping for it. For a while now it's seemed as if the actual selection of groceries is narrowing, while all of our stores are expanding and renovating. It's not uncommon for something on the grocery list to either be out of stock or apparently not carried on the shelves -- or obscured in some new, inexplicable organization plan.

I noticed Total had been missing from my 2 of my local stores but then I found it at Walmart.

I saw Total earlier tonight while grabbing my usual Shop Rite brand Scrunchy Cocoa Treats. ;)

I thought Total came in a blue box.

Searched for Wheaties but didn't find it. There wasn't an empty space for it.

upload_2018-8-7_20-16-14.png

Yeah my DH is a 10yo in a 59yo body :rotfl2::rotfl2:
When I was a kid, and when my mom would buy Lucky Charms, which was rare, because she almost never bought sugar cereal, my sister would just get the marshmallows. And I would be stuck with a sub-par Cheerios like cereal :mad:

Yeah my DH is a 10yo in a 59yo body :rotfl2::rotfl2:
Does he eat all the cereal bits first, then the marshmallows? If not, then I must be a 7 YO in a 46 YO body :D

Oh, and I also still chew around the crust of poptarts first before eating the center with the frosting and filling

Does he eat all the cereal bits first, then the marshmallows? If not, then I must be a 7 YO in a 46 YO body :D

Oh, and I also still chew around the crust of poptarts first before eating the center with the frosting and filling

I do that with all marshmallow cereals. Sometimes I might take a marshmallow or two initially, but I definitely focus on the cereal bits until there is nothing but floating marshmallows left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!