Should I be concerned?

mcdaniel2903

Earning My Ears
Been reading some new reviews on TA and have seen a lot of negative reviews on Portifino Bay which we have booked for October. These reviews ranged from faucets not working in rooms, stains on flooring, overbooking and being move to hotel 20 minutes away, and other problems. Is this the norm for PB or is this just rare occasions. This will be our first stay at a Universal resort and want thing to go smooth. Should I consider moving to another resort like HRH?

I would take those reviews with a grain of salt. We just got back and had another amazing stay. We first stayed there over ten years ago and will not stay anywhere else. We’ve stayed in just about every suite there and have never had any problems. We are headed back in three weeks. Hope you have a great time!

How many is 'a lot' ? What percent are they compared to positive reviews ? Problems with review sites is people with an axe to grind over a little issue will make a big deal about it . All places have problems at times... but if the negative comments are less than 5% don't put too much stock in them

Having said that, I have not stayed at PB... but have generally only seen positive reviews for it and wouldn't hesitate to stay there.

Hi we just stayed at PBH for the first time this summer for 5 days. Absolutely loved the resort. My family says it is their new favorite. I agree with pp that you have to take the reviews with a grain of salt. I did read a lot of those reviews before I went and had the same thoughts. I am so glad that I didn't worry and stayed there.

Have a great trip!

TA gets some screwy reviews for some of the great hotel resorts

Sometimes it’s because a person has an axe to grind

PBH is a wonderful resort

Keep your booking there and enjoy that hotel !

I’ve never trusted tripadvisor. There’s something wrong with reviewers there, IMO.

Some (not all) reviews are straight up fake as I’ve been told by travel agents. Read some bad reviews for places you have been. Often they will be generic enough to apply to anywhere. If there are details, like physical descriptions, often they are wrong.

Also there is a bias in that if you had a bad experience you are far more likely to write a review.

Thanks for all the replies and comments. I feel a lot better about our stay now. I knew I could get honest comments here so thanks to all.

We stayed there for the fourth time in January and it was as good as ever.

It is my favorite hotel. We have only had great experiences there. Looking forward to our next visit in May. Enjoy!!!

Our stay there last March was wonderful. Room was clean, spacious and very comfortable. Resort was just lovely all around. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Being moved to a hotel 20 minutes away? Something fishy about that. Nothing onsite is 20 minutes away. :) I wouldn't rule out user error not hotel error.

We stayed at Portofino in Dec and had a great stay. The hotel is really beautiful. I’ve never been moved to another hotel and while our sink was a little loud we didn’t have any issues with the room and it was completely clean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!