Should I or shouldn't I...a possible Christmas PTR...

kissesbykim

Mouseketeer
My family and I just got back from my son's MAW trip to DW last week. It was such an awesome trip! My DH is a Disney lover too but not fanatical...like me:lovestruc. He couldn't understand why I was already looking on Hotwire and Orbitz for hotel prices in March or April. I want to take my youngest son AJ and my nephew Adam to DL for their 2nd birthday, something we did for my oldest son. So, I've been secretly planning...I know if I book it, DH will have a hard time saying no to the magic :love::love: So last night, my best friend called me up with a little dilemma...for both of us. She's booked a trip with her family to go to DL December 6 through 11. They have 4 day passes, staying at the BW across the street, 4 day dining plan and ADR's everywhere. Her hubby usually gets laid off mid November but has just found out that he probably wont get laid off this year. The trip is already paid for and they will just loose the money. I don't work, I have a 6 year old in maintenance treatment for Leukemia and a toddler. She offered the spot to me, cost free. I've been thinking about it all night..Christmas at DL is my favorite thing! So, I added up the cost of bringing DS6 and DS1...DS1 will be free for everything. DS6 will not...with the cost of tickets, ADR's and souvenirs, I'm looking at several hundred dollars, all right before Christmas. I'm considering going....but not taking DS6...for the reason that it's going to be expensive and I would have to take him out of school for another week. With his Leukemia, he's already missed so much. But, he's a Disney junkie like me. Here are the pro's and con's:

PRO'S:

Fun trip with my great friend and her family

Some special time with my toddler, who, more often than not gets put on the back burner because of DS6's condition

Disney at Christmas

CON'S

If DS6 finds out I went to DL without him, he'll be mad...I can't take him out of school again...

I wont have a lot of spending money

So, what do you think? I hate being selfish....but it could be really good for DS1 and I to get some time alone (which never happens). My friend is pretty excited too...her DH isn't really a Disney lover and she told me secretly that hopefully he wont be able to go ;) Hahaha! Girls!

Thanks!

That's a dilemma alright.

For myself, I wouldn't unless you can be frank with your older child. The guilt of trying to keep it from him would torture me, and I think it would be very difficult to keep the younger child from talking.

It sounds too good to pass up but I think (again if it were me) I would probably have to take a pass and just start planning the next family trip.

That's a dilemma alright.

For myself, I wouldn't unless you can be frank with your older child. The guilt of trying to keep it from him would torture me, and I think it would be very difficult to keep the younger child from talking.

It sounds too good to pass up but I think (again if it were me) I would probably have to take a pass and just start planning the next family trip.

Yeah, we have a strict policy about honesty in my house...I would have to let him know what's going on. It was so easier before he started school ;);)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter