Should I PAP or not?

Lorelai71

Mouseketeer
Here is my dilemna. In aug we went to wdw for the first time. Family of 3-all adults. I bought a PAP for myself and 9 day MYW tickets (hopper, plusses but no expiration) for my dm and db.

Since this was our first trip, I did not realize that disney really is an addictive drug that you cannot fight. Anyway, we now own DVC and we are going again in nov for a cruise and a couple of days at BWV and SSR.

We will arrive late on tues 11-8 at BWV. We will have one full day on wed 11-9 and then on thur 11-10 we will leave around 10ish to head to port canaveral for our 3 night cruise. After the cruise, sun 11-13 we should get to SSR around 10ish and will leave for the airport the next day mon 11-14 at around 7am.

I know we really don't have that much time in WDW but I was thinking of getting PAPs for my mother and brother. My PAP is still valid until next aug. The problem is that our PAPs won't expire at the same time. Is this going to be a pain? We are a clsoe family so we will be vacationing together.

My other option is to forgo going to the parks while we are there. Afterall, we really don't have that much time there. But... we just had so much fun in aug at the parks and it is the last week of food and wine festival and we will be staying at the BWV which means we would be really close to Epcot.

I really am :confused3 . Any suggestions? What would yo do? I wished I had bought us all PAPs in aug.

My future mother in law recently bought an AP for her boyfriend and it expires a few months after hers. She spoke to guest services about her expiration date, and they had her pay the difference on her AP so they now expire at the same time. No worries. So, you can still get your brother and mother PAP's, maybe just pay the difference on yours so it expires at the same time as theirs. Hope that helps you! :wave2:

For such a short time - you have to ask yourself how much you would use the pap's as opposed to aps at the waterparks and disneyquest and pleasure island. We went thru the same decision and figured that we wouldn't use the waterparks more than three times in the year to justify the price difference.

I can't see you missing the parks totally if you're addicted to disney and personally don't see the point for your second trip. Do they need to work out pap's, or would hopper suffice. Only you can know your future travel plans, but PAP's or no parks at all seems to be going from one extreme to the other.

disneynutt1225 said:
My future mother in law recently bought an AP for her boyfriend and it expires a few months after hers. She spoke to guest services about her expiration date, and they had her pay the difference on her AP so they now expire at the same time. No worries. So, you can still get your brother and mother PAP's, maybe just pay the difference on yours so it expires at the same time as theirs. Hope that helps you! :wave2:

Thanks Disneynutt. I didn't know this was possible. I think it would be easier if we had passes that expired at the same time. I will call and find out the cost of doing this. Thanks, this was very helpful.

Cinderella said:
For such a short time - you have to ask yourself how much you would use the pap's as opposed to aps at the waterparks and disneyquest and pleasure island. We went thru the same decision and figured that we wouldn't use the waterparks more than three times in the year to justify the price difference.

I can't see you missing the parks totally if you're addicted to disney and personally don't see the point for your second trip. Do they need to work out pap's, or would hopper suffice. Only you can know your future travel plans, but PAP's or no parks at all seems to be going from one extreme to the other.

Cinderella I figured PAPS over APs for us because we enjoy pleasure island. Also, since we bought into DVC we plan to take at least 14 days vacation every aug. So I know the PAPS will work for us.

My dilemna is that I was wondering if I should just forgo going to the parks for this visit. I am afraid we will get there and we will want to go into the parks. Or worse, we won't get the passes and then regret that we didn't.

I guess the point for our second trip is to get back to the mouse. :moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter