Should I quickly buy tickets through UT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdbruce

Earning My Ears
We have a room booked (14 nights at SSR 2 bedroom villa) that's been secured for some time now. However, we don't have tickets. I realize Disney has frozen the sale of tickets from their site, so do you think I should quickly buy them from UT and link them up? Has anyone else done this?

We have a room booked (14 nights at SSR 2 bedroom villa) that's been secured for some time now. However, we don't have tickets. I realize Disney has frozen the sale of tickets from their site, so do you think I should quickly buy them from UT and link them up? Has anyone else done this?

I have done it before, but not right now. UT is fine. I always buy from them.

Yep...about 3 this afternoon. Husband and I have a kids free trip planned at Beach Club for Food and Wine(though thats probably out!). I hadn't planned on buying them this early and surely all of this will be sorted out by then...but not willing to take any chances. I though out April trip would be a "for sure" when we rebooked for July 6- and you see where that got us!

ETA- this is on rented points so we will make the trip regardless. But if in question about canceling, remember that tickets DO hold their value.

With disney freezing ticket sales I'm surprised they are still letting places like UT resell tickets or is this just inventory UT already had and bought before today?

Just remember if Disney cancels something they will make it right if you bought from them. You can not guarantee UT will make it right if Disney changes something unexpectedly. I was about to buy in panic mode then realized I am far safer just waiting and not being on the hook for anything in October until Disney gets things clearer.

Just remember if Disney cancels something they will make it right if you bought from them. You can not guarantee UT will make it right if Disney changes something unexpectedly. I was about to buy in panic mode then realized I am far safer just waiting and not being on the hook for anything in October until Disney gets things clearer.

Just wanted to say that UT was AMAZING with refunding their "non-refundable" tickets for us back in April. They have bent over backwards in terms of customer service during all of this.

Also many people do not realize that, if you don't use your ticket before the expiration date, you can still use the ticket, they are not "wasted.". Whatever you paid will be applied to a new ticket- so they never lose "value." If you bought a ticket in 2000 for $100, you can still use that $100 to a new ticket (of course, today that only buys you a 1.15 days in a park but you get the point!)

were in same situation. We have a DVC reservation booked starting July 11 (we couldn't believe the luck of the exact date reopens since we booked 9 months ago)....we did not buy our tickets yet though , so I"m a little nervous but I was actually wondering the same thing

Yep...about 3 this afternoon. Husband and I have a kids free trip planned at Beach Club for Food and Wine(though thats probably out!). I hadn't planned on buying them this early and surely all of this will be sorted out by then...but not willing to take any chances. I though out April trip would be a "for sure" when we rebooked for July 6- and you see where that got us!

ETA- this is on rented points so we will make the trip regardless. But if in question about canceling, remember that tickets DO hold their value.
But MIGHT have to upgrade in person rather than online/on the phone (various reports)

Just know that they will not link through app. UT confirmed that we would have to do it desktop. Another gentleman I was talking with called because he was having so many issues just getting to the screen to add tickets, But he said they linked them up with no issue,

were in same situation. We have a DVC reservation booked starting July 11 (we couldn't believe the luck of the exact date reopens since we booked 9 months ago)....we did not buy our tickets yet though , so I"m a little nervous but I was actually wondering the same thing

We rented DVC points starting 7/12. We booked right at 11 months. I'm shocked too. Hope your trip is great!

If I buy tickets through UT and am unable to use them for the dates selected, will I be able to use the price of those tickets towards the price of new tickets? I know it works that way when buying directly through Disney, but wasn't sure about UT.

We are right there with you. We have a DVC reservation starting July 17th and have not purchased tickets yet. I am considering purchasing through UT and linking MDE but just not sure. I don't know if this would help us be in the 1st phase of making park reservations or not. What did you decide to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter