Should I swap my SciFi lunch reservations to a SciFi *Fantasmic* Dining Package ADR?

PDXmouse

Mouseketeer
We are going to see fireworks in MK on 7/3 via the dessert party.
We are going to see fireworks in Epcot on 7/4 via the Rose & Crown fireworks dining.

We will be in DHS on 7/5. It is our last day in the parks before heading home.

Right now I have SciFi lunch reservations on 7/5. I can switch them to 7/5 Fantasmic Dining. Should I? Or will we be tired of light shows by then?

I mean, I think it really depends on your preference. Fantasmic is a different viewing experience then the two previously mentioned. The fantasmic viewing mainly guarantees easier access to your seats and a premium view. You can still go and see fantasmic without the package, just makes it more convenient if you have it. I personally did the Hollywood and vine breakfast package with fantasmic for the characters for my child. That’s my 2 cents

I did the 8:30 Fantasmic without the package and frankly, my seats were almost as good at the Fantasmic package ones. I got there about 45 min. before the show. Just depends on if you want to spend the Prix Fixe money on the meal instead of just ordering ala carte. I actually had the package booked at SciFi and cancelled it because I knew no way would I be able to eat that much food

I think in July, especially around the Fourth, it may be worth it to switch to the package.

Fantasmic is one of my favorite shows in all of Walt Disney World. As others have mentioned, it's definitely a different experience than the more traditional "fireworks" shows at MK and EPCOT (although Happily Ever After is also up there for me). To put it VERY VERY simply and boringly, Fantasmic takes place in an amphitheater with projections on water screens, live performers and more in addition to the pyro. Plus that music is a BOP.

You definitely want to see Fantasmic It's a very unique show. Being it's 4th of July holiday time...I see 2 choices:

1. Don't book package an plan to arrive AT LEAST 60 minutes early to get a seat
2. Book package so you don't need to worry. You'll have a guaranteed seat with a good view.

I did that with my 2 boys several years ago and did it through mama melrose. We were just off-center for viewing, it was nice. I went late August though, so crowds weren't as bad.

Either way, I love Sci-Fi. It's top 3 for best themed restaurant, and I don't know what people complain about, Food's been good everytime I've eaten there.

You definitely want to see Fantasmic It's a very unique show. Being it's 4th of July holiday time...I see 2 choices:

1. Don't book package an plan to arrive AT LEAST 60 minutes early to get a seat
2. Book package so you don't need to worry. You'll have a guaranteed seat with a good view.

I did that with my 2 boys several years ago and did it through mama melrose. We were just off-center for viewing, it was nice. I went late August though, so crowds weren't as bad.

Either way, I love Sci-Fi. It's top 3 for best themed restaurant, and I don't know what people complain about, Food's been good everytime I've eaten there.
Thanks! I went ahead and converted our SciFi lunch reservations to fireworks dining. It may cost $40-ish more (family of 4) but I figure DHS may be pretty crowded that day. Lots of guests in town for the holidays would have likely chosen Epcot or MK on 7/3 & 7/4, and may (like us) choose DHS for 7/5 if they aren’t heading home right after the 4th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter