Should we book the Fantasmic Dinner pkg in Sept?

mlbretscher

Mouseketeer
We will be going to WDW for the first time this Sept (10th-18th). We've herd so much about how low the crowds are this time of year, but since we've never been before we are not too sure what that actually means. I have herd we should see the Fantasmic show, but some posts indicate you must almost "camp out" for hours prior to the show to get seats. Since we will have DS9, DD's 7 & 3, I'm not sure they would be up for waiting for hours to see a show. Do you think the dinner pkg is the best way to go, as there will still be crowds of people waiting to see this show? or since we will be going in September we should be able to find a place without doing a pkg or steaking out a spot for hours? Thanks for all you advice!

I can't tell you for sure what it'll be like this year, but last year, when we were there in Sept, I don't think the theater ever filled up....and if it did, it wasn't until right before the show. We didn't even have to wait in a line to be let into the theater - we just walked in and sat down. (That was probably 30 minutes before the show.)

DH and I will be there the same dates. I too was wondering about the package. I wanted to eat at H&V anyway, so I thought I would book it. Now I think I will wait until the last minute as others have suggested, since if it rains there are no refunds.

I booked one at Brown Derby. I figure we're going to see the show and we'll need to eat too, so why not :p

bruin -- Last May, our Fantasmic show was canceled because of the weather. We spoke to a CM about it since we had the passes and really wanted to see the show. He said that we could come back any time during the week and use the passes to get in. We came back the next night and had no problems getting in. I'm not sure if this is always the case though...

No reason to do the Fantasmic Dinner Package in September. You'll get a better seat, (more towards the center), by just showing up at the amphitheater at the same time as you would if you were using the package.

We go in Sept alot and have never had any problems getting into Fantasmic. The first time we went, I was paranoid that we wouldnt get in so we got there early and walked right in and waited and waited. We have always had wonderful seats and never was the theatre filled.

We are going this Sept also (14-19) and was talking about doing the dinner show that particular night, but decided not to as we have never had problems before...hopefully I didnt jinx myself!

Have fun!
:earsgirl: :earsboy:

What about the end of Sept? We have a PS for the package at H&V, but I wanted to eat at 50's PTC the day we're at MGM, but we won't have time for both. Do we really need the package at the end of Sept?

NO! NO! NO! We went in November during "Jersey Week," which will be more crowded that when your going. I regretted it. It rained and this was my experience.

(1) You have to pay for the dinner when you book WHETHER FANTASMIC IS CANCELLED OR NOT! (THat means if it rains, and it rains like the dickens in September, you are stuck with the dinner and no show.)

People seemed to linger over their Hollywood and Vine dinner when it rained, so we had to wait 20 minutes AFTER our PS time (after arriving 10 minutes before the appointed time) in the rain for our table to be ready. We couldn't really do anything else, because we didn't know how long we'd be waiting.

(2) After we ate (and we lingered because we were soaked and cranky), there wasn't enough time to catch any shows before Fantasmic. Many were done for the day.

My beef with MGM in the rain is that there is very few yound-kid friendly rides or attractions to duck into when it rains. The Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground shuts down and most of the rides are too "thrilling" for my kids. I hate shopping. So, we ended up waiting anyway, just to see if Fantasmic was happening or not, so we could decide whether to just leave that park or not.

(3) The reserved seating is off to the right side of the stage, so are not the best view anyway. Crowds are light enough at that time of the year that the standby times shouldn't be an issue and you're likely to have a better seat.

If your heart is set on the reserved seating, my advise it to check the weather channel and book the package the day before or the day of. (I would have preferred to be at either MK or Epcot than at MGM in the rain.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter