Shows that have jumped the shark

CdnCarrie

DIS Veteran
Schooled - the spin-off from The Goldbergs.

So a 19 year with one semester of college is now a teacher?
And on The Goldbergs she supposedly moved to California.

I lasted 15 minutes into the first episode.

Last edited:
Schooled - the spin-off from The Goldbergs.

So a 19 year with one semester of college is now a teacher?
And on The Goldbergs she supposedly moved to California.

I lasted 15 minutes into the first episode.

I actually am enjoying it plus it takes place in the 90s a decade later. Not as good as a Goldberg but still decent.

Amazing Race when they matched up strangers. Also Grey’s Anatomy once they killed off or made man characters move away.

Last edited:
I hate to say it because I still watch it, but The Walking Dead. I watch it because I have 9 years invested in watching it, and I guess I have to see it play out.
Same goes with Survivor. I watch it out of a habit of watching it every week for 18 years.

I'm another who agrees with Walking Dead. My fiancé is a huge fan so I watch it with him every week, but he knows I only watch for my love of Neegan and so I can make comments of how it should have ended a few seasons ago.

24 jumped the shark in pretty much every episode. But somehow it worked for them. ;)

I think Happy Days jumped the shark after the episode where Fonzie jumped the shark.;):)

The irony of the phrase is Happy Days didn't actually jump the shark when Fonzie jumped the shark (S5e1) It was popular before that episode and remained so after that episode. In fact it lasted several seasons after that episode. Happy Days really jumped the shark when Richie and Ralph both left (season 8)

The irony of the phrase is Happy Days didn't actually jump the shark when Fonzie jumped the shark (S5e1) It was popular before that episode and remained so after that episode. In fact it lasted several seasons after that episode. Happy Days really jumped the shark when Richie and Ralph both left (season 8)

See I always thought the phrase jump the shark came directly from when Fonzie jumped the shark because it was so ridiculous. I don't think the show was ever the same after that.

Walking Dead...still watching but am doing other things while it's on and can watch it days later. Think I won't watch much longer.
Grey's Anatomy...should have had curtain call years ago. (I stopped watching about 2 seasons ago)
My soap (Y&R)... but that's what they do.
Big Bang...more just went too long and isn't really funny anymore. (time to be put to pasture was a few seasons ago but I'll watch to the boring end)

Survivor^^^....I still LOVE it. That and GOT are my fave shows.

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but Supernatural. It ran out of ideas after its 45th season, but somehow got renewed to make 20 more. It just now finally announced it's last season. However, money is what kept it alive.

I agree with Modern Family—time to be done, but I really looked forward to it the first few seasons. Also, Blindspot. DH and oldest DD still enjoy it—I make lists, cut coupons, clean out my purse/wallet or fold laundry while it’s on paying only enough attention to catch the funny lines from Rich.com.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter